Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Based on the text it's ambiguous if the mysterious voice is addressing Yuri as the Guardian of Purgatory, or if it's referring to some other entity. The audio makes it pretty clear it's not Yuri since they vocalize the missing "the" in "the Guardian." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1qv0szYRI&t=138s
Oh well, I was thinking it might be a hint about why he's able to travel to graveyard land, guess not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

It's hilarious to me that Yuri builds up immense anger and hatred, probably mixed with some guilt, by beating the poo poo out of monsters for so many years. And his solution is to... beat the poo poo out of monsters in his imagination in order to assuage those feelings.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

The Dark Id posted:

New Music: Sea - Highnoon Fish
(Kind of an odd track name for a landlocked town in the middle of the night.)

Nice music. Sounds like a track straight out of Chrono Cross. For example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boV_pFWNGM4

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

I was initially confused why the creepy-rear end statue head carved in a torture prison cures Confusion. If you read better than I did you'll see it's a Holy Mother Bust, and the sculptor was a martyr so presumably some important religious figure. When you're confused and attacking your fellow party members, this angelic motherly visage must calm you and bring you to your senses while melting the hearts of the demons that possessed you. Alternatively your fellow party member bashes you over the head with the bust, as busts are meant to be used in video games, either way works.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

The Dark Id posted:

New Music: Coffee With Bullet
(That’s just a cool rear end name for a song. Also it’s extremely chill!)

Thoroughly impressed with some of the music so far. The heavy bass line in Coffee With Bullet reminds me of good old SNES games for some reason. It made me think of Terranigma and Earthbound, so I went back and listened to parts of their soundtracks, but couldn't find any similar tracks to Coffee With Bullet to justify why I thought of those games in particular.

Regardless have some nostalgic SNES tracks!

Terranigma - Overworld https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQaQHlcTW7Y

Earthbound - Fourside https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Am7OPTsSk

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Attitude Indicator posted:

OST is dope. I think the sound you're thinking about is a slow fretless bass. Here's a well known example of the style:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFjmvfRvjTc

Slow fretless bass, eh? Thanks for making me a more informed listener.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

I totally wasn't expecting Margarete to join the team. I'd guessed you would fight her a couple times throughout the game, maybe as a midgame boss and again during the penultimate stage of the game as she acts as a decoy to allow the bigger badguys to escape to their final lair. Welp.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Alaan posted:

I didn’t feel bad at all chucking :10bux: at Baldurk.

How would someone go about doing this? I don't see a donation link on the websites

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Verant posted:

Oh hey, Dalian. I studied abroad there years ago! Though given the era this game's taking place in, I imagine it's not gonna look like much.

Pics? Or do all your photos look like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalian#/media/File:Dalian_Montage_(2).jpg

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Those are great shots, thank you for sharing!

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Oh man. Yuri's entire life up until this point has been to prepare him for this. Pit fighting. He's a goddamn pit fighter now. I hope he spends the rest of his life doing this after the game ends.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

The Dark Id posted:

Where's the game with unique animations to show off how the hell you do properly use all these weird talismans and relics to cure ailments? This increases Intelligence. How the heck does that work? Do you rub it on your forehead? Do you slap it across their face? Is it pressed into their chest and absorbed? Do you eat it?! Enquiring minds want to know!

Looks like a temporary tattoo. Stamp that tat right on your forehead to make you look and feel smarter.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

The Dark Id posted:

New Music: Sacrifice - ALICE
(This only plays here, so you should probably listen to it.)

Me: Way to put a spoiler in the song title, game developers.

Me, 5 minutes later: Goddamn it.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Confident predictions:

- Yuri's mind graveyard opens up and the party will enter it. We get to see what's behind that huge door.
- The Japanese Army will continue to be mostly useless, but will provide key info about Col. Hyuga, leading to unlocking the mind graveyard.
- Alice and Bacon are blood related, since they're the only British characters.
- We'll be thrown into the middle of World War I. The remainder of the game will hinge around Roger Bacon trying to prolong the war.

Less confident predictions:

- Zhuzhen died. :rip:
- Shanghai is rebuilt as Neo Shanghai with anti-demon laser towers.
- Roger Bacon is a blood descendant of the Koudelka Roger Bacon. But he didn't (Koudelka spoiler)inherit full immortality so has been plotting to attain the missing piece, requiring a lot of killing.
- Yuri's parents are both alive and will appear from the mind graveyard door.
- Alice and Yuri's parents together have the power to summon the Koudelka Roger Bacon, who will save the day.
- Yuri will die, but he somehow gets Alice pregnant first.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Olga's "death" seems highly suspect. She didn't even vomit before disappearing.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Albert Simon is younger, better looking and better dressed which makes him more trustworthy in my book.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Has anyone ever told you you have pretty decent taste in games?

e: relevant link to Drakengard 2 playthrough https://lparchive.org/Drakengard-2/

TalkLittle fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 18, 2018

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

It's pronounced keen-wah. Think Squall and Rinoa.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

The Dark Id posted:

If we now go check behind the tree where Ben Hyuga was hiding out to make his dramatic entrance, we now find...

Father's Coat -- Yuri's ultimate armor and the very last piece of ultimate equipment in Shadow Hearts. This provides +83 Physical and +77 Special defense on top of halving both Light and Dark Elemental damage. Zhuzhen is going to get weak in the knees if he sees Yuri stroll up wearing this.

A coat from his psyche... an Emperor's New Clothes situation we've got going here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Back on page 25 I made some predictions at the halfway point. Let's see how I did!

quote:

Confident predictions:

- Yuri's mind graveyard opens up and the party will enter it. We get to see what's behind that huge door.
- The Japanese Army will continue to be mostly useless, but will provide key info about Col. Hyuga, leading to unlocking the mind graveyard.
- Alice and Bacon are blood related, since they're the only British characters.
- We'll be thrown into the middle of World War I. The remainder of the game will hinge around Roger Bacon trying to prolong the war.

1. Mind graveyard - YES
2. Japanese Army useless - YES
info about Hyuga - NO
3. Alice and Bacon related - NO
4. World War I - NOT QUITE

Correct: 1.5 / 4

quote:

Less confident predictions:

- Zhuzhen died. :rip:
- Shanghai is rebuilt as Neo Shanghai with anti-demon laser towers.
- Roger Bacon is a blood descendant of the Koudelka Roger Bacon. But he didn't (Koudelka spoiler)inherit full immortality so has been plotting to attain the missing piece, requiring a lot of killing.
- Yuri's parents are both alive and will appear from the mind graveyard door.
- Alice and Yuri's parents together have the power to summon the Koudelka Roger Bacon, who will save the day.
- Yuri will die, but he somehow gets Alice pregnant first.

1. Zhuzhen died - NO :unsmith:
2. Shanghai rebuilt with laser towers - UNKNOWN but let's say YES
3. Bacon descendant of Bacon - NO
4. Yuri's parents are alive - NO
They appear from the mind graveyard - YES
5. Alice and Yuri's parents team up to summon OG Roger Bacon - NO
6. Yuri dies and gets Alice pregnant - NO

Correct: 1.5 / 6

Let's tally those up... AW YEAH that's a 100% correct prediction rate! out of a total of 333%