Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

So what are tried and true ways to lose weight. I know eating less/healthier and exercise is important but any other things to speed up fat destruction?

I read that Glucomannan is a great supplement to keep you satiated longer and acts like fiber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Just keep shoving Oreos in your fat loving face

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Lift weights. Run. Eat salads for lunch. Flog yourself 39 times if you utter the words "cheat day".

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Go to the bank and get $10 worth of pennies

Dump all the pennies on the loving floor

Remain upright, squat down and pick up all the pennies one by one every day

Repeat

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Tom Gorman posted:

Do this but squat to pick up the pennies. Just slav squat all the way down. Don't bend your back!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

poo poo more than you eat.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Get a job stocking freight overnight in a store.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Start eating whole bricks of butter and bacon but no veggies or sugar in any form. When your skinny body exudes yellowish grease and your cholesterol levels are comparable to a 50 year old trucker, you have finally become healthy and thin.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean you can put you’reself into trance and stare at the sun or whatever but you won’t lose weight. :shrug:

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

FogHelmut posted:

poo poo more than you eat.

:hmmyes:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Tom Gorman posted:

Repeat

This one is a good one that involves pennies:

"I've been sticking $30 in pennies up my rear end for the past 11 years! That's 3,000 pennies a day; 21,000 pennies a week; 1,092,000 pennies a year! To date that's 12,012,000 pennies, 8 times the population of Nebraska. Those pennies were in my rear end! You think you're better than me? Oh, you're not better than me. You handle my rear end pennies everyday. You pick up my rear end pennies for good luck. You throw my rear end pennies in fountains and make wishes on them. You give my rear end pennies to your little daughter to buy gumballs with."

It may help you feel better about yourself which could in turn help you lose weight.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Get a job stocking freight overnight in a store.

Lost 80 lbs doing a job like this once

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Fiber keeps you sated longer and acts like fiber

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Moral fiber also keeps your back straight.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

a steady diet of ice berg lettuce, italian dressing and canned tuna

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Every time you think about eating, stop and sing all of Darkness, Darkness by The Youngbloods out loud to yourself instead

You will be thinner and develop a nice singing voice

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

*clears throat*

Amphetamines

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Eat what you want but finish each meal with laxatives so the food doesn't have enough time in your body to make you fat

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Smoke yourself thin.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Get one of those food recording things like my fitness pal. when you reach your calorie goal for the day just go to bed so you don't give in to cravings.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

fishing with the fam posted:

Lift weights. Run. Eat salads for lunch. Flog yourself 39 times if you utter the words "cheat day".
Come to the swolethread where you will drink mead in the halls of your ancestors in glorious Valhalla.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792495

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Dear OP, I am also trying to lose weight. I have decided to not drink beer during the week to help in that goal.

That does not mean I can binge drink on the weekends to make up for it.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Beautiful advice! You are helping all those who are fats like you.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Fat loss (because that's really what you're aiming for) is 90% diet and 10% everything else. Exercise is important, but you will not lose weight through exercise alone. You must change your diet or you're just going to chase your tail forever.

Ignore people who say weight loss is A) easy, or B) impossible. They are both almost certainly wrong for you. There is a relatively small percentage of people on the A end, and a vanishingly small percentage of people on the B end. Losing 20 pounds is pretty easy for just about everybody. For the vast majority of people, significant weight loss is difficult, but doable.

Drink water, eat whole foods, get lots of fiber, track your calories in/out. It will take some time for you to learn how to do this. Be patient.

Long-term weight loss is NOT about willpower, it's about building good habits. You will need some willpower to get started, but use that willpower to build up the habits of tracking your calories and staying within your limits, and those habits will carry you the rest of the way.

Credentials: used to weigh 330 lbs, now weigh 220 lbs. Down from "obese" to "overweight" and been in that category for roughly four years.

edit: this is the coles notes version, will add more later.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Dear OP, I am also trying to lose weight. I have decided to not drink beer during the week to help in that goal.

I would drink whisky every night and cut down on no whiskey all weekdays. And not a lot on weekends of any. I think it will help too.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I legit lost 80 lbs last year. I have a few pieces of real advice. I apologize in advance for being inconsiderate to GBS "no serious allowed" policy. I eat ice cream every. single. day. I buy my favorite, most ridiculous, least healthy, most fatty and sweet frozen milk product available. I only eat a scoop at a time. Don't ever give up food you like, ration and enjoy it. Look into what nutrition facts mean individually, and how they will affect you. Fat is not the enemy of weight loss, that's pretty much always been a lie. Eat carbs, but watch them. Remember that you can only turn so many carbs into usable energy per day before you have to store it as fat. Don't forget that alcohol can be processed like carbs. I used to have some to lots of alcohol every day, and now I drink a beer twice a week.
Lastly and most importantly, do a real accounting of everything you've ingested in a day once in a while. Really count everything, every snack or treat adds up.
YWIA

Edit: oh yeah, exercise alone won't help, but it will help your diet by changing your metabolism slightly

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 21, 2018

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Amputate a limb or two.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I've been wanting to try intermittent fasting where you only eat in an 8 hour span of the day and water or non-caloric beverages for the other 16. Seems pretty effective, especially if you're the type of fatty that eats moderately and isn't scarfing down whole pizzas dipped in ranch.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

Amputate a limb or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_6ula2m5fw

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Broccoli baked in olive oil and garlic

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the only way i ever lose weight has been through strenuous exercise

cause its sure as hell easier than changing my diet and drinking less

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Gonna go full ascetic, OP.

Let's see how long it lasts.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
read the "Post your fave fatty lines" thread and as all the others posters talk about how much progress theyve made, curate a ball of guilt and self loathing. start vomiting after you eat. it will start to gently caress up your heart, but beauty is worth it

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SpazmasterX posted:

I've been wanting to try intermittent fasting where you only eat in an 8 hour span of the day and water or non-caloric beverages for the other 16. Seems pretty effective, especially if you're the type of fatty that eats moderately and isn't scarfing down whole pizzas dipped in ranch.

I've been doing 16/8 fasting since the start of the year after hitting something of a roadblock on my last 10 or so pounds. I'm not sure if there's any real science behind the whole thing, but what it has done is make it easier to keep eating at a calorie deficit since there's a strict "no snacking after these hours" component to it.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I heard gut bacteria plays a role. I need a skinny hot girl to poo poo inside my rear end.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

UltraRed posted:

I heard gut bacteria plays a role. I need a skinny hot girl to poo poo inside my rear end.

Bro, you gotta start eating rear end. It's the new top of the food pyramid

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
eat balanced meals, don't binge eat one or two meals through-out the day. your digestive system doesn't like that i think.
just straight up cut sugary drinks. they're loaded w/ sugar and never good for u
greens are good for u, they give u the vitamins n poo poo and you can eat a lot of them
some fats are good, some fats are bad. idk which is which but peanut butter has the good ones. JUST SLATHER YOUR GULLET WITH IT, PIG
sleep like a normie; poor sleep scheduling messes with your digestion and appetite iirc
exercise duh, but make sure to have protein so you don't prolong the resting period or cause damage
vitamin supplements can be okay, but they need to reconcile what you aren't eating. don't just take them, you'll risk vitamin poisoning
don't cut carbs completely unless you're running a specific diet (keto or something?) your brain loves them and they're more energy-efficient than fat iirc

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

I'm actually gonna try this whole hog. Like a month of no alcohol at all. I bet I lose 10lbs. Well after the 4th of july I'll start :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

I'm actually gonna try this whole hog.

I fully recommend eating whole hogs. Can't go wrong there.