Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Hey thread. I didn't comment on the start of my diet a month ago but this is how it's going:

Boring calorie restriction, with a vegetables don't count clause. Counting calories and measuring food and NOT loving SNACKING ON CANDY BARS OH MY GOD I WAS SUCH AN IDIOT.

Because I have a family with a growing kid who needs carbs and fat for that growth, I'm still making some unhealthy foods and just having very small meals when I do. I hope to check in in another couple months with a graph with a similar slope, approaching merely overweight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I ate so many God drat carrots today

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
How do you deal with setbacks that seem to have no real explanation? I lost a week's worth of progress in one day and it's bumming me out.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Well, I don't think even with a Chinese spouse I've ever put a hundred grams of soy sauce in anything.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I can't live in the gray zone between dieting and eating garbage all the time.

I've tried and bad habits come back so easily

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"Diet" literally literally just means "what one eats". So your diet is either healthy or it isn't.

Obviously I mean explicit restrictions on exactly how much I eat at all times.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The damage from 2x Thanksgivings was only 2 pounds.

I can get back on track and lose it!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ikanreed posted:

The damage from 2x Thanksgivings was only 2 pounds.

I can get back on track and lose it!

Follow up. The real damage was that my hunger level shot back up to where it was at the start of my diet and I feel famished after having a full appropriate meal.

There's only so many times I can go back to the willpower well before it runs dry. I need to feel normal again.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
More like a subforum. Take a look at the fitness log cabin

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Month two nowhere near as dramatic as month one, but still a year of this will get me to much better health.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I know this thread is deader than an obese guy, but I just hit 50 pounds lost and feel pretty good about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wore a shirt tucked in for the first time since IDK 2015 or something. I mean I still got a huge gut but it's not comical.

E: ah that wall is all mirror. Let's say it's not shocking.

That's good. You're doing good.