Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
read the "Post your fave fatty lines" thread and as all the others posters talk about how much progress theyve made, curate a ball of guilt and self loathing. start vomiting after you eat. it will start to gently caress up your heart, but beauty is worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

im quitting alcohol this month, and maybe next month too. ive been weight lifting for awhile, and ive changed my diet, but havent really lost any weight in the last several months. i look less fat, but id like to become thin. im upping the cardio to 4x a week, and typically stay under the calorie limit in my fitness pal (unless i was drinking, which is one of the reasons im quitting).

ive tried IF, but some days im at the gym @ 7 (consume protein powder) and dont get home until 8. im already carrying lunch to work and gym stuff so id prefer to not carry dinner, not that id have a place to cook/eat it. Any ideas? Also MFP says I should consume 1400 cal for where i'd like to be, but a lot of you guys seem to be around that number and are much taller than me. Should i eat less than 1400?

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

why arent more blind people fat? how much of overeating is eating with my eyez?

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

im looking for advice. so I was pretty good at waking up in the mornings before work and getting to the gym. early august i moved and now im sleeping through all of my alarms! ive been making up by exercising after work, but im still consistently doing 1 less strength work out a week and im bummed. i dont really like this solution.

idk its not even waking up and choosing to hit the snooze i think im waking up and hitting the alarm and getting back into bed without becoming conscious.

i have an old alarm im setting up farther from my bed but im nervous im going to sleep through that too...

also one of my new housemates is about my height and they are a lot heavier than me. they brag about how healthy they tho, they consider themselves out of shape. i vaguely wanted argue, because i dunno if you can really say youre healthy if youre out of shape. but they argue a ton and are 'right about everything' so i knew it wasnt worth it.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Being too old to be swole is debunked my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJaZDGVNWA

You can be swole to the day you die. Leave a swole corpse my friend

This is cool. The guy got into weightlifting in his 40s and it was a positive coping skill for him. But why does anyone bother wearing a shirt when it hangs that low? what is that shirts purpose??

will this be a 2019 gbs weightloss thread or would YLLS be better for weekly check ins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Well the 2019 weightloss thread isnt up yet so Im going to post now so i can get my stats out of the way.

Sex: Female
Height: 5'2"
Current Weight: 183
Goal Weight: 135
Arms: 11 1/2
Bust: 42 1/2
waist: 36
hips/rear end: both are 43

Last year I was able to make the lifestyle change of lifting 3x a week. There was defs times i didnt get to the gym but I always ended up going back and I feel its a habit. Cardio was a bit more varying. Jogged on weekends and spent one day a week at an elliptical for an hour. Did not really count calories but I eat out less and eat more veggies.

Goals:
I want to walk outside everyday.
More consistently running on weekends
maintain 3x week weightlifting
Look thinner

Role Model: Stefanie Cohen -No pics but shes about my height, my age, weighs around 120-130 lbs and has a 415 squat and 545 deadlift. I want to be that strong and weigh that little.

My scale is kind of wonky so I weighed myself today and was 170, I donated plasma three days ago and was told my weight is 183 so I went with the bigger number. I dont really plan on weighing myself weekly because Im going to obsess over the number. Hence the body stats. Do not have a food scale, but will try to take pics of what im eating for portion reference at least.