Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardennes
May 12, 2002

keppke posted:

Do you guys think Bolsonaro has a real chance of winning the elections?

With Lula out, I think it his race to lose at this point.

Economically, it is hard to see how things are going to work out considering the austerity measures already in place and the weakest of the Real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

joepinetree posted:

Yeah, every single one of my wife's family members who were rabid Aecio voters are now Bolsonaro voters.

And sincerely, despite being a long time PT voter, I have to say that PT has royally hosed up this election cycle. It was beyond obvious since last year that the STF and the courts would do everything in their power to block Lula, and that Lula had no chance of running. But instead of using that period to at least raise Haddad's profile and tie him to Lula, PT essentially didn't have a plan B. So now the courts are blocking PT using a letter from Lula supporting Haddad in their ads, and despite Haddad growing fairly fast in the polls, it's far from what could have been.

Yeah, it seemed like self-sabotage. That said, the PT under Lula seemed to be pretty much focused on "changing the system from within" and eventually the system ate them.

• Locked thread