Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh my god I need to just never play against Tricky characters because I cannot, cannot deal with their slice at all and it just ruins me and I'm bad :negative:

This game is so fun even though I constantly lose though, I can't stop playing. Wish the random multi had more than just lame rear end tie breaker mode though, but that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Just had a really long drawn out tourney game, the dude was slightly better than me and won but the rallies felt basically endless, one time he built up and used full special at least three times in one rally :stare:

It was super intense, game rules

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I played with somegoon last night and setting it up was fine, I just created a game room and they were able to see and join it by refreshing the list after I did so?

There are 5 "power" characters but they all feel and older differently, all of the characters with the same archetype seem to have different stats/be hybridized in a different way

Having a lot of points doesn't necessarily mean you're very good since you get points even if you lose, it just means you play a lot, their win/loss ratio could be godawful. I don't know if there is actually matchmaking though tbh

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I ended up just blindly guessing which mirrors I should hit on the clock part, tbh, there was probably a better way but randomly zone shooting them until they all died was the option I chose

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

The thing about bowser jr is he's a bit slow but he has reach for days (waluigi is similar to this) so it is very hard to get a shot past him. The weakness is that it's easy to give your opponent a lot of star shots because while you have reach they aren't necessarily strong shots, so your opponent gets a lot of chance to build meter and run circles around you with it. this has been my Bowser Jr playing experience anyway

If you're good at using trick shots to build meter it does a lot to mitigate this, though

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

If you haven't played through the full adventure mode yet it's a solid intro to all the mechanics and how they work/interact

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

It's times like these that I wish we could add people we've faced as friends.

Friend have I got some news for you

(You can totally do this, go to add friends and look at people you recently played with)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

The other thing is that prediction/reading your opponent and reacting quickly with trick shots will build your meter faster than anything else you can do really. Get good at forcing specific shots or learn the rhythm of the person you're playing against (it kind of sucks games are so short because you don't get time to do this in tourney really) and trick shot over to them and you'll gain a tonnnnn of meter, as well as making a strong shot

If you're getting rolled by someone getting meter really fast they are probably doing this

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Boo legitimately isn't that hard, his slices curve like crazy but that makes them semi predictable to trick shot to and if you can lure him up against the net here's very vulnerable cause his mobility is not that great

Bowser Jr there is no excuse for however

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I feel like the li'l brother of goon doubles, I'm terrible but I'm tryin' my best :shobon:

More people should join, it's fun as heck

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

:siren: I discovered the cause of the controls bug :siren:

This is the stupidest poo poo ever and you will quickly realize there's nothing you can do. When you go into a online match motion controls are decided by the host. If they have it turned on you're forced to have it on too. If it's turned off it'll be off for you as well. Just confirmed it with a friend and just laughing at how insane that is.

Oh wow

I lost a tourney match in part because of gyro controls 'glitching' so this is good to know I guess :psyduck:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Gyro controls are great and you should use them, unless the host has them disabled apparently

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

santanotreal posted:

It’s pretty funny they felt the need to not allow body shotting on zone serves unless it bounces once. Didn’t realize that was a big enough issue (honestly, zone serve is kinda dumb anyways)

Clearly you never played doubles with goons :argh:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Chaotic Flame posted:

No? They'd be "oh poo poo" buttons that cost meter

This is called zone speed it exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Patch is up.

Have only screwed around for a few minutes so far (obviously) but trick shots feel noticeably both harder to nail and much narrower in range, so I'm a garbage player all over again :v: