Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Does anybody know if control types can be mixed in multiplayer? Or do I have to use Swing Mode to have motion controls? My girlfriend has carpal tunnel, so motion controls are better for her, but I prefer to use my Pro Controller if I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

From what I see you can do sets with people. You stay in the same room after a round. It's just you can't set it to keep going and just have to re-ready up

That's not dissimilar to how Mario Kart works. It always goes back out to that "everybody votes on a track" room between races. You can't just have like an online infinite playlist.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Wendell posted:

I don’t even get why people play as Jr. knowing he’s broken. The fun comes from tight competitive matches, not tediously going through guaranteed wins to collect meaningless points.

SAD!

You've never hung out, for like 20 straight hours as an idle teen, with somebody who plays Tony Hawk by hitting "reset stage" the second they beef it, have you? I'm now *intimately* familiar with the first 15 seconds of Goldfinger's Superman.

Anyway, it's that. They want to make the number go up and don't care how tedious it is.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I finally sat down and sank my teeth into this thing a bit. Holy hell I had a rough time playing 3 sets with Koopa Troopa on that boat. He kept fooling me by bouncing his return shot off of the mast. I ended up doing 5 full sets including one stage failure.

Boo, in comparison, was relatively easy once I figured out that he's bad at catching up to a Flat shot to the other side of his court.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

^burtle posted:

Is there a training mode I am missing that would just let me bounce the ball back and forth? For whatever reason I am feeling like I cannot grasp the basics at all. Playing online I feel like I have the occasional "He's beginning to believe" moment just to get dominated in a way that things are going too quick for me to even really figure out what I did wrong. Tried playing a few games with the computer jacked up to Pro and Ace and all they do is non-stop Zone Shot on you once you swing the first volley. Maybe I just need to suck up and grind through the early parts of Adventure Mode.

The entire first "world" of adventure mode is basically a tutorial, so if you haven't done that then you probably should.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also how does a stadium crowd of Goombas, Spikes, Koopas, and Toads make human crowd sounds

Their various squawk waves cancel each other out via interference and result in a generic murmur :science:

Also I think Nintendo should patch in one spectator Toad with a gambling problem, so you can clearly hear him over the crowd, losing his mind with one of two emotional inflections when a match is over.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm still an incredible Bad online lol. I get to like 30 Love and then choke and lose 2 games in a row.

Might be because I'm still learning how to maneuver Chain Chomp, might be because I'm the worst :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Anidav posted:

I am really starting to believe there is some sort of exploit to make the switch drop bars. The game just grinds to one bar suddenly when some people are losing, I tried to see if I could find it but it isn't anything in docks which makes me think people are walking away from their wifi in order to lag the game and predict shots easier. I mean I beat them sometimes but I really do believe some people are intentionally dropping bars on their switch when they are losing. I noticed you can do screenshot capture and record online so I wonder if you spam the share button in handheld mode it might stall the switch to a halt by hitting the screenshot button repeatedly or something. I ran into the same guy repeatedly and the game would free when I hit the ball and unfreeze when they hit the ball and it definetely looked like he was tampering with the connection somehow if it be by stalling the Switch OS or walking away from their wifi and back again.

elaborate rube goldberg machine that drops a sheet of aluminum foil over the docked switch when you pull a string.