Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm impressed you manage to play Toadette! Both the mushroom's height really works against them, but at least Toad is faster.

Toadette is secretly really good. She has the blue shots of a tricky character, the speed of yoshi, the angles of hell and really and I mean really is good at catching people off guard. No one expects her to return so well. I would argue she is an all rounder in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Standard mode with trick shots turned off is basically the perfect t Mario Tennis game.

Also the patch notes says there is character balancing but I see no such thing.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 8, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I've also noticed against certain opponents that the 5 bar connection will suddenly drop to 1 bar if they start losing, is there some sort of exploit with the switch to quickly cut and reconnect the internet? There was a Bowser I faced who had no super meter but every time I hit the ball the game froze showing him the direction of my ball, its almost as if he switched apps rapidly or something.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ZeButler posted:

But Toadette doesn't have the speed of Yoshi? Not by a long shot? Also, her trick shots kind of suck, which, if you're playing standard, is a factor in how good a character is.

Also, her having next to no reach is really bad.

I dunno I've been having not much trouble with her.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You get a star next to your name like in Mario Kart

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I read it online and I've seen people with stars next to thier name on free play.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am really starting to believe there is some sort of exploit to make the switch drop bars. The game just grinds to one bar suddenly when some people are losing, I tried to see if I could find it but it isn't anything in docks which makes me think people are walking away from their wifi in order to lag the game and predict shots easier. I mean I beat them sometimes but I really do believe some people are intentionally dropping bars on their switch when they are losing. I noticed you can do screenshot capture and record online so I wonder if you spam the share button in handheld mode it might stall the switch to a halt by hitting the screenshot button repeatedly or something. I ran into the same guy repeatedly and the game would free when I hit the ball and unfreeze when they hit the ball and it definetely looked like he was tampering with the connection somehow if it be by stalling the Switch OS or walking away from their wifi and back again.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

iajanus posted:

It's called "living in Australia with poo poo internet ".

Nah there's some tricky people out there. :tinfoil:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Simple mode still has Waluigi and people who exploit Boo's teleporting lunge shot animations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ZeButler posted:

Boo's lunge is actually hot trash, since it causes him to have no reach otherwise, which means a lot of broken form returns, which are extremely easy to punish.

You can cancel the animation with L and normal shot it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/switchscreens15/status/1014041833385615360?s=19

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Welcome to Mario Tennis Aces, enjoy your stay.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mario Drop Shot Aces

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Toadette is secretly good. Has a very strong underdog effect.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lmao buffed Toadette and now all her shots are faster. Thanks Nintendo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

drat Toadette is good now

Wario is good now

Toad? Still poo poo.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Chaotic Flame posted:

Every Toadette I've played has been a killer and that was before the patch even.

Because you have to try twice as hard as Toadette so your skills develop faster due to using underpowered mushroom people.

Toadette can now dunk people even harder. Good.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Fully charged drop shots in this game by certain characters is very broken. Koopa Trooper especially has a bullshit drop shot.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

FC Drop Shot causes ball to drop like a rock and Koopa's gimmick is that he is the fastest character with the best drop shot in the game.

Very cheap way to win online though.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Drop shots overpowered

Waluigi and peach and bowser overpowered

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Diddy good
Drop shots bad
Peach worse