Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is there a place to practice timing against zone shots and serves? That's my biggest weakness right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

This game perfectly recreates the feeling of being a villain in an 80s movie about tennis. You can aim for the body, you can break the opponents racket, you can taunt people.

All it's missing is a "shove them in a locker" button and maybe a "mack on the opponent's girlfriend" option

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Two back to back tournaments baby

3 overall

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I play Mario who is probably a bit weaker than most and I've still won 7 tournaments. The only character who is a problem is bowser jr. He's got crazy reach, trick shot length, power, and he can move while charging

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Boo is good but he's not unstoppable or anything. A lot of them rely way to much on the gimmicky curves

Edit: gimmicky is probably the wrong word

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Once you get the hang of boos curves he's really not that bad. He's stronger than average but he's not the insurmountable threat he's being made out to be.

Now bowser jr... they kinda messed up with him, he's way too good

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

pissdude posted:

ye i actually clicked quote on teh wrong person, sorry, but my point still stands W/R/T all the other commentary surrounding trickshots

Anybody doing anything better than me is abusing the mechanics of the game

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Ranking is going to be determined by how much money is in your eShop balance.

Recreating the true tennis experience

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

make it so side tricks gain meter because you still gotta guess and predict for those, and make the cone for front and back tricks way more narrow. maybe even make them a straight line, i dunno

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oh my God there is no greater feeling than 2-0'ing someone who only knows how to use trick shots. It's like they legit can't play once you keep lobbing on them

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The new match making is nice but boy does it suck when your only viable matchup is a waluigi playing on McDonald's wifi

Btw, on the off chance willy posts here: shame on you for subjecting people to that. Sorry I 7-0'd you in the tie breaker

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The ideal for trick shots is that you're so inside your opponent's head that you can dramatically leap into position and return the shot. The solution is to make them harder to accurately perform and the radius smaller (two things they did in this patch), rather than remove meter gain entirely

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oh man that trick shot nerf is so good, well done Camelot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah standard mode is better but it's harder to pitcg to people if they've not played/bought the game themselves. Trying to explain how to use the power meter is weirdly difficult