Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

can someone confirm/unconfirm if i can do doubles online with one friend, matched against other random players (not CPUs)
not a local friend, just to be clear, someone who would also be online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RME posted:

can someone confirm/unconfirm if i can do doubles online with one friend, matched against other random players (not CPUs)
not a local friend, just to be clear, someone who would also be online

I still haven't been able to find anyone to test this with, by the way

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RCarr posted:

You cannot. What you CAN do, is have one person set up a doubles only room, and then have your friend do a normal game search. Hopefully they will get put into your room, and then you will have to wait for 2 strangers to fill the room via matchmaking (can take a long time). If you manage to do that then you can play doubles but it’s random partnering so you won’t be able to be on your buddies team every game. :yeah:

nintendo...

RME
Feb 20, 2012

well, did anyone own ARMS for real
what kind of content did they patch in with updates, just new characters and balance stuff or did it include new modes/options etc

RME
Feb 20, 2012

JackDarko posted:

I believe that they fixed a lot of things about multiplayer. They listened to the player base. Splatoon got fixed as well in many ways. In many ways, there are still some decisions the devs are committed to I don't agree with.

Splatoon is basically impossible to play the main mode as a duo still, which has killed a lot of my enthusiasm for that game, but Salmon Run is fun and doesn;t have that issue at least

RME
Feb 20, 2012

this game feels rushed, i wonder if other stuff getting delayed pressured nintendo to try and have it out earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

murked by dragon posted:

the first two golden sun games were my some of favourite RPGs ever :negative:

I’m so sorry