Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I think I've found my skill level. I just did the last AI tournament cup. And my final against bowser so super tense and I felt like I was on the back foot half of the time. I think we went into three separate tiebreakers, but I finally pulled out the win in the fourth set.

Also I wish there was a way to control how many sets you play in free play. It seems like there is only tiebreaker and extended (one set).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

It's all about timing. You need to return the shot right when it's about to pass you. It's really tricky.

I'm fine at blocking things while using zone speed. But doing it without seems impossible (it's not, I've done it like twice)

My thing is, the game said that you can block by doing a trick shot as long as you still hit a shot button at the same time. I can do that with the slower power shots in adventure mode (Pirahna Plants, Shy Guys, etc.) But I've never been able to do it successfully in a real match against a full speed Zone Shot.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Can you defend zone shots with trick shots? It feels like they're too early 100% of the time which just breaks my rackets.

Theoretically, if you still press a shot button at the right time after the trick shot gets you there. But I've only been able to successfully pull it off against computers and not in a tournament match. (Maybe I'm just loving up due to nerves and pressure. The amount this game resembles real tennis is insane. )

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Goodguy3 posted:

Also, though you can specify the stage you play in in Free Play, it's not nearly as user-friendly as any of the previous games in the series.

I don't know why people complain so much about stage selection. You press a single button to turn all stages off, and then enable the ones you want. The only easier thing I could think of is like smash stage selection, and then you couldn't select multiple stages to switch between.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

creationist believer posted:

Please fix the bug where everyone uses the host's motion aiming setting.

How does it determine who is the host? Don't both players accept the match and it's peer to peer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

Koopa Troopa seems pretty good, I think his drop shot charges like twice as fast as everyone else's or something, you get the dead stop drop shots very fast

I thought you couldn't get him until playing in the July tourney that starts tomorrow?