Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Stefan Prodan posted:

THIS 400 HIT RALLY THING AGAINST KAMEK WITH THE FUCKIN SHIP MAST

IS THE WORST

I like to take this moment to say gently caress you to whomever thought of this challenge and the stupid stage concept. The mast is literally one of the most loving annoying things to deal with and trying to rally with a tricky character like Kamek is hard enough as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

WE DID IT

gently caress YOU KAMEK

I'M NEVER GOING ON A BOAT NOW

I HAVE MAST RELATED PTSD

(took us like 2 hours to beat probably lol)

I FINALLY DID IT.

AFTER TWO loving HOURS.

IF YOU THIUGHT BOO WAS BAD, KAMEK IS 100 TIMES WORSE.

gently caress KAMEK. gently caress THE BOAT STAGE. gently caress IT ALL!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Managed to win an online tournament, which was awesome, but I’m getting the issue where it displays the internet as 5 bars and the in game it suddenly drops to 1-2 and you’re now playing in a slideshow. Still managed to win that finals match, but it was touch and go.

Also favourite girls Toadette and Daisy are in this game, so their easily my favourites, with Peach close behind. If I pick up a Tricky character, I may go Boo rather than Rosalina cause I like the little ghosty.

Still have issues playing against Tricky characters. Should you go to the net to try and stop their stupid slices or will that risk getting lobbed?

Also, anyone who hasn’t done the single player story mode Kamek rally match needs to do so. It’s a rite of passage of pain and suffering and I refuse to be the only one to suffer through it. You can’t call yourself a tennis player until you go through the suffering that is a mast in the middle of the court with a Tricky character :colbert:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

belt posted:

Nintendo not including a retry option for failed challenges makes me want to scream.

Yeah, this is really irritating. Having to listen to the game taunt you for failing every single time gets old after a while.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

JordanKai posted:

All the rally minigames are so hard!!

Jus to wait to you get to the advanced rally challenge with Kamek :unsmigghh:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I keep on making it to the finals and then just not being able to do anything at the end to win. The amount of Bowser Jr’s and Waluigis I’ve seen are ridiculous. Also looking at the rankings and like most of them are Bowser Jr. starting to resent the little poo poo.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wonder if we'll get balance patches because online has quickly become Bowser Jr. The Game (Guest Starring Boo and Rosalina)

Add Waluigi and I’d agree with you. Bowser Jr is so ridiculous and everytime I make it to finals I always encounter him or Waluigi or another op character. Defense characters feel overturned and looking at global rankings, they’re dominated by Bowser Jrs and Waluigis. The one time 8 wasn’t matched with one of them I had a close match in the finals.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So after trying to play a million games as Boo and falling short of winning the finals, I accidentally picked Bowser Jr who was right next to him and proceeded to win the entire tournament 2-0 managing to beat a guy 8n the finals who was also playing Bowser Jr and had nearly 10000 more points than me. This was my first game as Bowser Jr.

Daily reminder that Bowser Jr is overtuned as gently caress and needs to be addressed in a balance patch.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ever since picking up Bowser Jr, I’ve won two out of three tournaments and lost that one in the finals to another Bowser Jr. I’ve become the thing I’ve loathed the most.

But his reach and ability to spam charged shots is so dumb and you can easily combo 1-2 fully charged topspins with a fully charged drop shot to make it really hard for your opponent to do anything. Most of the times I lost points was then the drop shots hit the net and then dropped out on the other side.

He’s ridiculously strong and I’m a filthy person who will exploit him unless something changes.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I wanna do goon doubles but I live in the UK. I assume the group congregates in the Nintengoobs discord but how do I know when they’re happening?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

I have been explicitly told that Toadette is the worst character in the game, but I will not stop maining her :unsmigghh:

Toadette is my favourite character in the Mario franchise but she just sucks so much to the point of it being unfun to play competitive multiplayer online with. Why can’t Toadette be good Nintendo? She deserves better :smith:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

ZeButler posted:

Yes, we are on the Nintengoons discord, and generally someone will ask in the Tennis channel if people want to play doubles. The person that asks can even be you! It might cause others in your time zone to speak up as well.

What I'm saying is, don't be afraid to ask if people want to play, because a game of doubles with voice chat is great (except when the AI's involved).

Sounds cool! I’m in SGDQ mode right now, so may not have much of a chance to play right now, but I’ll def keep it in mind :3

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So I managed to use a trick shot to block a special shot without the racket breaking. Granted I still lost the match, but I felt pretty awsome doing that.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Aquasnake posted:

I thought you couldn't get him until playing in the July tourney that starts tomorrow?

I dunno how this quote happened, but I guess it just did

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

What's the consensus on Koopa Troopa so far? Bowser isn't really doing it for me anymore so I'm trying out the rest of the roster.

I think Koopa Troopa has the potential to be really strong in the right hands. He's probably the fastest member of the cast, feeling faster than even Yoshi and Toad. However, his speed comes at the cost of control since there is a floatiness that you probably need to get used to or you overshoot and put yourself off form. However, his insane speed is probably going to be really good at keeping yourself on form as you can easily move to star shots or where the ball is going and hit it back, especially if you decide to use drop shots. That in tandem with his really strong drop shot could lead him to playing a game where he just stays on form and smashes star shot after star shot back, eventually using a fully charged topspin or slice shot to knock the opponent back and then follow up with a quick dropshot.

He's fun, but not easy and I feel like in the right hands, he can be a little monster.