Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
Adding to the things I don't think the game tells you, if you Zone Speed over to a Star Point, you will AUTOMATICALLY do a zone shot if you're still holding down ZR. I stumbled onto this and accidentally hit the ball into the net like a moron because I wasn't expecting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Maaan the Drop Shot is really really powerful in this compared to the other games where they were just shots that hit the ball really slowly. Now they go about the same speed as a normal hit and then skid to a halt as soon as they hit the ground.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/g00dguy23/status/1010908468465754113

It feels so dirty to win like this, but so in character for Waluigi.

Here's a bonus:
https://twitter.com/g00dguy23/status/1010908012335194112

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Scags posted:

What's the consensus on this game? I love Mario Tennis but I have no IRL friends and I heard the online was terrible.

To add yet another weigh-in on this, there are a lot of little things missing that annoy me, but I have fun with the online and the gameplay in general.

The stuff I wish was in this,

CPU Vs CPU matches
Ranked Doubles (Though, honestly, having a random teammate doesn't sound like a good idea)
The ability to play Tennis games longer than 1 set (Seriously, Nintendo? Not even the championship match is longer than one set of two games?!)
More options for just playing free mode online without having to invite friends ( I mean, just look at all these options you can't do anything with.)
Also, though you can specify the stage you play in in Free Play, it's not nearly as user-friendly as any of the previous games in the series.

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

Also, haha, looks like free play doubles only gives each player one racket so when any one player's racket breaks the other team just wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

kidcoelacanth posted:

Upon further research, Waluigi is also invited to eat my rear end

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm horny.... for vengeance.

https://twitter.com/g00dguy23/status/1015024591377317890