Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Apologies if I missed it in the preceding pages but apparently there’s 5 different swing types, also left, also right, also late or early, that affect swing mode? We just got back from a trip on a plane where my 5yo and I played handheld but we are back now and loving swing mode and want to know what the nuance is, there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

someone awful. posted:

If you haven't played through the full adventure mode yet it's a solid intro to all the mechanics and how they work/interact

Basically... git gud.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just played my first 2 online matches and both were 4/5 bars and I got smoked. Is there even bad input delay in anything less than 5 bars? Felt like I had zero shot getting to the ball.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Boo rally tips? :(

[Ed] I got gud

Feenix fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 26, 2018

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cojawfee posted:

I'll be in there eventually.

Me too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Adventure mode leveled characters do not carry their level to online, right?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
New patch tomorrow 6/29 that adds in rankings or something based on wins. Probably more to the patch, too, but who knows.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ZeButler posted:

I know I'm going to sound like an rear end, but if you're getting Service Aces as a Boo, that means your opponent doesn't know how to deal with a Boo.

Now for something more helpful, if you're having trouble putting someone away and winning the point, try mixing up the shot types you're using. For instance, you can lure them to the net with a drop shot, then launch a lovely over them, or if you've been using slices for most of the volley, use a flat shot to throw them off balance. With Boo, you basically have to be able to predict what their likely response is, and then hit your shot so as to counter it. Yes, your shots have an absurd curve to them, but if you let your opponent dictate the pace of play, that curve means nothing. A defensive character basically means that you lose unless they're really bad, and a well played speedy character just won't care about your curve and will chase the ball down anyways.

My biggest tip, as I said before, is to vary your shot types and to not be predictable.

Yep I’ve maybe played like 15 online games so far (all “simple” ) and lost every one until last night when I started winning every game after starting to get into rallies where you force your opponent to start running back and forth. Then after about 10 volleys you angle hard on a left or right drop shot, which sucks them in, then either lob or just hit hard and fast to the opposite corner of where you drop-shotted.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thinking like this is a fighting game -- are there any good Twitch streamers to watch?

Oh yeah, how about...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Preferably non-racist with a normal speaking voice

Oh... no.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just got back from camping and played my first online tourney on simple and man it was me (Wario) vs Rosalina and some of the volleys we had were outstanding. I couldn’t even be mad at losing the last tiebreaker round.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Request for mods to change the title to this

Mario Tennis Aces: Deltron 3030 posted:
Cool game but why is the tagline for this thread so terrible? Mario Tennis Aces: Too Early!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow the single player of this game can super suck my dick. I don’t play a ton but I’ve been stuck bashing my head against Blooper and his cheap mast shot bullshit. One time he served off the mast and the ball sailed at me and I swung at it naturally and I lost a point because the ball must bounce first. Dude, come the gently caress on. It was a serve!! They never go out of bounds behind you, so naturally my instinct is going to have me swing at it.

The campaign is so righteously unfun.