Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You’ll get better, Stefan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Speaking of playing with others, I thought the motion control mode would be good fun that way. Has anyone tried it yet?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

CascadeBeta posted:

Additional weirdness: Sometimes when I'm going after a ball with zone speed, it will just randomly stop and return to normal speed. I have no idea why this happens. It's not because I don't have enough meter, because this has happened with varying levels of meter.

Edit: A better way to sum up my biggest gripe with the game is: I wish it was more willing to tell me what I'm doing wrong, because I have no idea.

You released the button or your button is faulty.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Loving this game so far, but I got to the spinning clocks part of the mirror and WHY THE gently caress IS THERE A THIRD SET.

I just want to unlock courts and play normal tennis :qq:

This is what happened to me as well! Just now!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

315/400, gently caress you Kamek.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I beat Kamek right after I complained and it was honestly pretty easy..

Do it again. DO IT AGAIN RIGHT NOW, TOUGH GUY!!!!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I must be bad at this game, I’m currently stuck on the reflective mirror mission. Am I supposed to hit all of the gears in its second form?

Yeah, hit a gear with a normal shot to set up the zone shot. You can then chain them! Some gears move fast and need you to aim slightly ahead.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Why is there no Mii player???

Wendell
May 11, 2003

CascadeBeta posted:

It's times like these that I wish we could add people we've faced as friends. Me and this dude had a loving WAR. Went to tiebreaker overtime, then we had a tiebreaker on THAT too. One of the best matches I've ever played.

Edit: Oh poo poo you can do that! I need to send this dude a well played if I can.

Tight, exciting matches like that make this game GREAT. It’s definitely the multiplayer, local or online, that makes this game.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I’m lucky enough to have not faced any monster point havers, and the two Bowser Jr.s I’ve met I chumpatized.

I think playing a tournament against the computer might help anyone struggling improve their game.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Feenix posted:

I just played my first 2 online matches and both were 4/5 bars and I got smoked. Is there even bad input delay in anything less than 5 bars? Felt like I had zero shot getting to the ball.

No, there is not bad input delay in that situation. Keep trying, you’ll get better!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I don’t even get why people play as Jr. knowing he’s broken. The fun comes from tight competitive matches, not tediously going through guaranteed wins to collect meaningless points.

SAD!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

RCarr posted:

I haven't played much but I hadn't noticed a difference between having motion controls on or off. Does your character spaz out if you tilt the controller or something?

It lets you aim your special shots by tilting, like in Zelda. It’s great.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dexo posted:

Does anyone else feel bad beating and perfecting what are clearly children in like the first two rounds in tournament.

Yeah, I feel this. I don’t want to ruin their fun!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

They saw the white trail and anticipated the drop shot, adjusting their play accordingly. You pressed the swing button a little too soon, preventing your character from reaching the ball despite it seemingly being at your feet.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I've enjoyed my time with this game but I feel like it should have been 40 dollars.

I agree with this.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ultrachrist posted:

I think ultimately the game would be better if perfect trick shots didn't exist and a trick shot was basically always the "oh gently caress I'm out of position" button and drained some meter.

I feel this way too.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Wow, I love the way Troopa moves!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Definitely remove the energy gain for doing a trick shot. Patch it out! Entirely!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I did some in-person doubles and it was a grand time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I am very glad for this update.