Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I can't seem to beat Boo in the 'Detour' (300 volley) challenge. I can't seem to break 250, and it's infuriating :argh: I've been slicing it from the middle, but I just can't finish him off. Level 29 for gently caress's sake :saddowns:

I think I need I'm not timing his zone shots properly, and misunderstanding when they are coming directly at me, or off to a side. Also, are you supposed to let go of zone timing before you strike? I don't and I think that's where i'm messing up.

can't wait until Kamek :suicide:

edit: Um, wow. My very next play after posting this, I just won :tviv:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't know what is pissing me off more this Blooper or the airship mast.

The Blooper is the game giving you a competent opponent, but it would be nice if it was on a more neutral stage. I don't understand how my shots keep richocetting out of bounds off of the mast, but the squid can richocet off it no problem. Also his curve shot makes me mad.

Yeah, this is brutal. I'm totally stuck here as well. I wonder if doing Kamek is even worth it. In any event, if anyone has any pointers, that'd be great :yaycloud:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

To piggy-back off of your woes I CANNOT block a power shot to save my life. Over half my losses are because of broken rackets :suicide:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Blooper doesn't come out until later

Yeah, and I'm still stuck on him :saddowns:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Asnorban posted:

I had to break his racket. It broke every time I did a full special shot (whatever the L attack is called when the meter is full), and he always lost some when I did star shots. This also helped a friend get past it.

Um, wow. Thanks for this. Came home from work, and beat him on the first try using this tactic. I wonder what's next :ohdear:

e: Oh, it's Gooper Blooper Way easier than the first one. First try. Sheesh.

e2: Oh gently caress, it's Kamek. Welp. I guess it was a fun game...

Nevermind, beat him on the first try. I guess I got lucky. I only had one screw up to give at like 315 or so, and he started purple shotting me straight down, so no mast madness.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 11, 2018

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Speaking of lob and drop shots, isn't there a normal button combo to perform either/both, as opposed to using the d-pad and and X?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Alright, so what's the secret to beating the final boss, Luigi? I can only get a few points. His zone shots are ridiculous, and he blocks most of mine. What am I missing? :suicide:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's not so bad, the worst I had was Boo rally, but once I figured how to Trick shot to victory no match had more than 3 retries, the obligatory story matches I'd pretty much beat on the first try.

Luigi, only because they make you do the first doubles match first which anyone could do with their eyes closed.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

quote:

Options: Players can now switch the controls of Trick Shots to use only the Right Stick
This is A Good Thing.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I still really like Yoshi :yayclod:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Drop shots are getting annoying...

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah. Apparently the OP had a breakdown, locked this thread and then posted a banme or something. idfk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866074&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post487089348