Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
top 10 pick baby hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
anyway thanks for being awesome guys and keeping this going I'm shocked we filled this up so fast -- it's a really fun offseason tradition and props to Brodeur for being The Creator

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Originally 25th last year, 26th this year. I'll never escape from around that spot.

T-Bone posted:

And do we still want to wait until the 9th to start? I like the point Tech made about waiting for major FAs being signed. It would be nice to know the term of the bigger contracts.

I'm down with that. Gives me time to prepare my 24 lovely picks

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

With fist overall I select Kessel. Obviously.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Kilza posted:

Originally 25th last year, 26th this year. I'll never escape from around that spot.

lemme know if you wanna trade up

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah if anyone wants to swap positions before the draft feel free, I'll edit the order.

I've drafted a bunch in the middle I feel like so if anyone wants #17 lemme know.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

This year I can pick Tyler Johnson 14th instead of 13th

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'll trade 2nd OA for 1st.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

last to first boys we made it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Are we wheelin and dealin this year? I'll trade 1OA and my 4th rounder for a top-10 pick and a 2nd rounder

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'll give ya the 2OA and my 6th rounder for 1OA and your 8th rounder.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I guess we could do trades if whoever is doing the spreadsheet thinks it can handle it. Would be a neat way to change things up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

I'll give ya the 2OA and my 6th rounder for 1OA and your 8th rounder.

i'd consider that if it was 5th for 7th

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i'd consider that if it was 5th for 7th

E: or how about we swap first and 5/6?

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 29, 2018

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Anybody want to swap draft positions? I don't want vaguely near the end again.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im happy picking pretty much last since my terrible horrible no good picks wont look so bad.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
12th pick isn't as value-oriented as the first pick but at least my cap won't be scrambled due to mr. mcdavid

im fine to start whenever. trades would spice things up but i say we poll the field on that

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I don't think the cap is really a concern here, because no team has an internal budget, and salary tends to spread pretty evenly unless you're loading up on Lucic, Ryan, and Ladd.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Zodijackylite posted:

I don't think the cap is really a concern here, because no team has an internal budget, and salary tends to spread pretty evenly unless you're loading up on Lucic, Ryan, and Ladd.

I thought this last year and then barely squeaked under the cap but also lots of other people were loading up on young cheap guys only. Jordan7hm didn't even hit the floor.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thufir posted:

I thought this last year and then barely squeaked under the cap but also lots of other people were loading up on young cheap guys only. Jordan7hm didn't even hit the floor.

A miscalculation at the last minute. We would have picked up some sweet Pronger style contracts just like the Sens will.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

Anybody want to swap draft positions? I don't want vaguely near the end again.

Where are you? I have 7. Might be into it.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Mamma Lucia posted:

lemme know if you wanna trade up

Hell yeah, let's do it.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Where are you? I have 7. Might be into it.

I've got 24.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

I've got 24.

I'll ruminate, but I think that's a little too far down the list for my liking.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
We'll start next Monday.

I think we probably don't do real trades but swapping positions is fine before the draft.

Who did the spreadsheet last year and do they want to do it again?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that would be mr. mentholmoose who i will @ on the friendly discord

EDIT: upon further review it was actually infidel castro who isn't signed up this year

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 2, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
OK who wants to do it this year I can help quite a bit with maintaining it and keeping this thing chugging but the excel is beyond my mortal powers

Could the past sheet just be copied and the data emptied? Am I literal retard?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

T-Bone posted:

Could the past sheet just be copied and the data emptied? Am I literal retard?

You could probably start that way with the main draft tab. All the team names and draft order and cap math probably needs to be manually updated.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Real trades would be fun if we weren’t doing gimmick drafts.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hey guys - this is Brodeurs Nanny... I forgot my password and it turns out the email address attached to this account is ancient and I don't know that password either.

I've wised up! Got a new account and got rid of my lovely username anyways. So, still in for this.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

gently caress guys I didn't see this until just literally now

I'll unlock last years thread for copying over

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
IC says he will take over for any potential defectors.

EDIT: also this is a good reminder to please turn your private messages on so we can keep you pleasantly informed and in the loop. many thanks and happy drafting

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 5, 2018

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

also we now have a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZXbrSmiLyeQv4HsJ2nYdeQabNxDSUKk2LcMcoL0hsZI/edit?usp=sharing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
hell yeah

IC I'm sure we'll need you at some point.

We'll start Monday at 10am EST

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

7 is an interesting pick. It really is gonna depend on what 4-6 are. I have a couple guys in mind.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
My top three are young centers whose names start with "M"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mitch Marner isn't a centre

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Zodijackylite posted:

My top three are young centers whose names start with "M"

MALKIN?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
there are several guys i anticipate won't be available at #12 so ive already knocked them off my shortlist. this is a lot more difficult when you aren't making consecutive picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
27 kind of sucks but the one bonus is that if you have a few guys in mind you'll probably get both with the almost-back-to-back picks