Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I plan to post stolen chili recipes from Pinterest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

GobiasIndustries posted:

didn't you post a thread here, or at least have a very good post in a thread, about how you do your coloring? I've had a file labeled "a_template_using_a_very_old_college_player_by_darth_brooks-d7bo2fi.psd" saved for a couple years now.

I've put a lot of stuff in the Farthouse thread.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Now, Football Absurdity is willing to offer me zero dollars and no benefits for my services.

TFF, how can you even manage to compete with such an offer?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what you're talking about, something awful pays me to post.

they don't pay you?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Eifert Posting posted:

they don't pay you?

I guess bengalslost.txt sure did get a lot of pageviews

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
&e

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lol Eifert gives the nfl more money than Absurdity Football gives it writers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Eifert Posting posted:

they don't pay you?

That's it, I'm pulling my Patreon pledge.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Hizawk posted:

Now, Football Absurdity is willing to offer me zero dollars and no benefits for my services.

TFF, how can you even manage to compete with such an offer?

Daltos here, I run the site with Phobeste and SteelAngel2000

I get it, you think, "how dare anyone ask me to work for free, my time is worth more than that. I write great, this is insulting!"

And you're right. We're insulting you. You stupid idiot. You stupid loving idiot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
But guys...don't we generate content for free on this site anyway with our posts? Is Lowtax not supported by us and at one time we ran the internet with content that originated here? Why aren't we being paid to post?

Perhaps we need to unionize.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Dumbass poo poo like this and contentless posts like "Andey" are why I barely bother with this sub forum anymore.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Dumbass poo poo like this and contentless posts like "Andey" are why I barely bother with this sub forum anymore.

A picture says a thousand word and an Andey is a thousand pictures and thus is an ouroboros of content

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
andey

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A picture says a thousand word and an Andey is a thousand pictures and thus is an ouroboros of content

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Ill be happy to write for TFF heres my rough draft of a little piece im working on:

It was easy enough to hook up with Aaron during the offseason: charity events, celebrity golf tournaments, fishing trips. There was always the ESPY Awards and hot sex with his favorite Green Bay Packer in a four-star hotel afterwards. It had been touch-and-go during Aaron’s fling with that actress. She was pretty alright, but certainly not A-list. Not like JJ’s crush, the inimitable Jennifer Aniston. He was convinced that he could get her pregnant, not like her loser husband, another third-rate actor, whose sperm couldn’t get the job done. If only Jennifer would give him a chance. JJ was sure he could give her the offspring she so desired, and then they could ride off into the sunset, just like he imagined in his fevered mind as he beat off in the shower. Christ, he had to get a life.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Ill be happy to write for TFF heres my rough draft of a little piece im working on:

It was easy enough to hook up with Aaron during the offseason: charity events, celebrity golf tournaments, fishing trips. There was always the ESPY Awards and hot sex with his favorite Green Bay Packer in a four-star hotel afterwards. It had been touch-and-go during Aaron’s fling with that actress. She was pretty alright, but certainly not A-list. Not like JJ’s crush, the inimitable Jennifer Aniston. He was convinced that he could get her pregnant, not like her loser husband, another third-rate actor, whose sperm couldn’t get the job done. If only Jennifer would give him a chance. JJ was sure he could give her the offspring she so desired, and then they could ride off into the sunset, just like he imagined in his fevered mind as he beat off in the shower. Christ, he had to get a life.

Suddenly, Cam Newton was hit by a shrink ray and shrank to three inches tall. As he was running around on the field trying to avoid being stepped on by Christian McCaffrey, he decided to head for the sidelines. Unfortunately, that's where a stray orange tabby lie sleeping, only to wake up at the sight of the newly mouse-sized quarterback.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hope you guys don't mind a little Rick Reilly style self-plagiarism

General Dog posted:

Steve Spurrier returned to his office and was confronted by a silhouette. Kevin Sumlin stepped out of the shadows.
"Tell me coach, you have a ring, and you have a Heisman, but have you ever had one of these?"
Steve felt his cheeks redden as Sumlin slowly lower his fly. He gazed lustily. "Kevin," he said, "they don't call me the old ball coach for nothing..."

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The NFL is a thinly veiled glimpse into America's pastime romance with racism and slavery. It is an organization run by old men influenced from that era. Powerful, rich, feeble of mind and will, positively Jurassic. From blacklisting Colin Kaepernick and spinning "Kneeling to protesting police brutality and violence against people of color" into "They hate America and the Flag" all the way to the cornerstone media event, the NFL Draft. The NFL is a glorified Mandingo Fight and Slave Auction and none of this is more evident than in the Combine.

The Combine is where selected athletes are asked to perform and can have their metrics evaluated. Can they jump high? Is their catch radius the equivalent of a two car garage but the language used to describe athletes of color vs white is where the truth comes out. Black athletes who excel are freaks but if cocky are degraded as if someone took offense for this person to have confidence and self assurances from within versus something that was given to him for someone else to control. White athletes have grit and are regarded with leadership qualities and are not limited to a sort of stand alone performance metric. There is something bestial and inhuman associated with black athletes when they are measured. Then there is passing "the eye test" as if beauty was of value, an athlete's body cut from stone, built to express performance, the shape, arm length, hand size, "bubble butt" are all measured and evaluated. Then they perform activities to display their talents and after judgement it affects where they may be selected in an auction known as the NFL Draft.

The NFL Draft is the slave auction. It is a media spectacle and broadcast for all to see and make money. A player is selected by Ownership to a team where he will be expected to provide almost immediate results to draw audiences and generate income. He will be on display like a gladiator. He may get the finest women, the glory, and be pushed to broken bone, mind, and spirit to perform on the field or be wasted to nothing. If injured, it can risk his playing time and sometimes they will take drugs to dull their pain and go back out on the field. They will smash body to body against their foe. The NFL will downplay concussions and what the "sport" does to the athlete's body. The audience will cheer and participate, sometimes bet, on results and performance. It is bloodlust. The players will give all health to make fortune and give satisfaction...until done when many will be forgotten and discarded. And woe is to the colored athlete who speaks his mind that does not confirm to will of the NFL or Ownership.

Marshawn Lynch is derided for not being a media darling and being forthcoming, for not willing to be on display and paraded for attention. Colin Kaepernick for speaking on a just cause is denied and his case is twisted. Cam Newton's confidence, leadership and attitude are in constant question. Tom Brady deflates balls yet continues to be considered a GOAT and play with barley a tarnish. Athletes will be judged more harshly for rejecting Ownership's whims than crimes against law and fellow man or animal such as Michael Vick's dog fighting or Ray Rice's abuse of his wife. So long as they can generate monetary value. And the worst is the players union who bow to the whim of Ownership and give ground to be exploited further.

The NFL is slavery and does no justice to its victims, the players. Abolish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
And on that note here's the following times its okay to slur at players reason #1:

• Locked thread