Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
We are coming up on the fifteen year anniversary of The Football Funhouse and we are excited for what this next year will bring. We had a good first decade and a half and have grown tremendously. One of our posters has started a podcast that sucks and a comic that’s not much better. Another has become a regular rape contributor in the North Carolina area. And no nfl.com writer cares about us.

We’ve also come to the realization that we cannot expand at the rate we want to without more writers. If you might be interested in becoming a contributor, here is what we are looking for.
General NFL news. We want to cover the news, but we mostly want to make fun of it. Here are some examples of what we are looking for.
Sample 1
Sample 2
NFL Draft – We’d love to bring on people to do write ups on this.
NFL Free Agency – We’d love people to do write ups on
Fantasy Football – We have a solid base on this already, but we’d love new ideas.
Collaborations – Projects with multiple writers.
Maybe you have ideas we haven’t thought of. Like our mission statement says, we are dumb. Show us the error of our ways.
The big thing we are looking for is bad opinions made with perfect self confidence. TFF prides itself in thinking it’s smarter than the rest of football media and not realizing that all our opinions are dumb. Go ahead and have conviction but make sure you have fun with it.

This is unpaid work for now, but we hope to change that in the near future. We have also made the decision to run Google Ads to give writers an opportunity to make some money from their work. If you write something that blows up and gets a lot of hits, generating revenue, you get paid. If this is a deal-breaker, we completely understand. Just remember that we are working for free too. Heck, we are actually paying to write as we have costs that come with running the website.

If you are still interested, here is what we need from you.
Start a thread in this subforum. We will need the following.
Ideas for what you would be interested in working on.
A writing sample. Preferably something sports or comedy related.
A commitment to starting one thread per week. We understand that life happens, but we are looking for a serious commitment.
We are only looking to add a few writers at this time, so if you aren’t chosen, don’t worry. We will have more opportunities in the future and will certainly consider you if our staffing needs change.

Sincerely,

Football Absurdity
6/24/18, 6:48 PM

Metapodauthor; platinum
Joined Mar 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

EmbryoSteve posted:

with every written article

Actually we want people to contribute

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is there an opening for a guy who crossposts memes from Reddit?

As long as he posts at least one thread a week

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Please start threads about all of these great ideas! Don’t worry if you get banned in a way that’s just further monetization

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hey Phob huge fan big honor

Do you need anyone to contribute to Miami Dolphins specific?

Edit: or hentai

If we could get a thread on both by EOW, I’ll have your metrics PMed. We’re looking for a pretty big NPS increase WOW and your KPIs do depend on it. It won’t effect your pay. You can trust me though I published a blog post on medium once

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

I did a series on reddit about defunct NFL teams and what their uniforms & helmets might have looked like if they had survived to modern day. A sample is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2v2jbm/revising_defunct_nfl_franchises_canton_bulldogs_1/ Do you want me to copy/paste/ update these?

Just workshopping here but if you put each logo on a separate page with links between them the user engagement really skyrockets

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

I just now saw the other thread. :ughh:
I was confused when I had read Phobeste's post in this thread because it's not really what TFF does but thought you really were looking for stuff.

It’s really brave of you to admit this and I’m proud of you for going through life so free of protective irony. In that spirit please make the thread and I’ll pretend it’s a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't know what you're talking about, something awful pays me to post.

they don't pay you?

I guess bengalslost.txt sure did get a lot of pageviews

• Locked thread