Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

salisbury shake posted:

pro-click if you're here to see an internet culture warrior self-own

https://twitter.com/DrKarlynB/status/1313829955525054470

She really can't answer a simple question about her motives behind something questionable and uses it instead to saying she's being attacked. No wonder she has to be on Parler / Gab etc too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Inceltown posted:

She really can't answer a simple question about her motives behind something questionable and uses it instead to saying she's being attacked. No wonder she has to be on Parler / Gab etc too.

theres gold in them hills but my favorite nugget is how she closes with i agreed to a DISCUSSION, not a DEBATE and then forgets about that masterful sleight of hand of rhetoric in the very post explaining why she didnt have a debate

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I feel like "(once-correct)" will always be correct at least until the Elgin Marbles are returned to the Acropolis.

the Greeks are White.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

a fatguy baldspot posted:

the Greeks are White.

There's plenty of non-Euro cultures the British stole from

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Really cool when FYAD assholes decide kiwifarms isn't fun anymore and come back to troll decent threads.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

the Greeks are White.

even in britain?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

packetmantis posted:

Really cool when FYAD assholes decide kiwifarms isn't fun anymore and come back to troll decent threads.

I'm assuming you're referring to me, couple of issues with this. 1) I don't post on or read kiwifarms. 2) this thread sucks. 3) I'm not trolling.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Also i've literally posted in this thread for a year longer than you have. gently caress outta here dipshit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh wow an internet culture war :shittydog:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Doc Hawkins posted:

even in britain?

Prince Philip is Greek so currently yes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ClipsDave/status/1313861823200817152?s=20

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

packetmantis posted:

we can just post in fyad. no need to come back

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
her tweet was hella stupid because shes suggesting all of archeology is racist from disturbing traditions of dead royal slavers. archaeology (and academia) are racist and colonialist as all hell but shes suggesting that nobody can dig up anything TO respect these ancient traditions. thats stupid as gently caress and the people of their lands have every incentive and right to be digging up the histories of their past.

the fact that Northern Africa has had a focus archeologically is more to do with everyone wanting to jerk off the ancient empires from the area, if anything sub Sahara Africa needs to be dug up way more with how under recorded it is (but by the people, for the people to be put in their own museums)

Im sure Egyptians would love to push out any british archeologists for their own locale but at the same time that history is still their history, and that video seemed to be an Egyptian project anyway. Which is why the twitter thread is filled with misguided pearl clutching and real hoteps trying to argue that Egyptians arent real Egyptians lmfao

and to keep it 100 I can see racists twisting this in a few years as to why Southern Africa is under-recorded too in the same train of thought going the other direction (this region HAD nothing that anyone wanted to dig up!!!)

drjuggalo has issued a correction as of 23:26 on Oct 7, 2020

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
anyway please can we go back to internet culture warriors because that potential derail was spooky

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

drjuggalo posted:

anyway please can we go back to internet culture warriors because that potential derail was spooky

naw cmon, let them keep going, it's almost page 1488, the perfect page to probe people for explaining who is and isn't white

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
i cant wait for that page

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

exsanguinate all posters

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/TimPoolClips/status/1313927138748313602?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

"I am pro Cuba and take no pleasure in reporting this"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Trump not arresting hillary or Obama is his biggest failure as president

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kitfox88 posted:

If it weren't fer them Deep State boys! *punches hat*

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/magamaniac91/status/1313605566649061381

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I expect to see this tweet again in an article about the rash of mass shootings on November 3, 2020.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There is a case to be made about colonialism re: the Egyptians currently residing in Egypt and the ones who built those tombs. I mean, unless you're also of the opinion that US institutions have a unilateral right to dig up Native burial grounds for whatever reasons they deem proper.

I am not the one to make it, and I don't think the Tweeter is, either, but it's not quite that cut and dry.

lol

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

Hes be cruising to reelection if he had.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

I love that theyre going with the Trump got rona on purpose narrative.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

salisbury shake posted:

pro-click if you're here to see an internet culture warrior self-own

https://twitter.com/DrKarlynB/status/1313829955525054470

the universe that these people live in which makes them think posted everything she did makes HIM look like the bad guy is truly fascinating.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1314184972429910019?s=20

Mr Interweb posted:

the universe that these people live in which makes them think posted everything she did makes HIM look like the bad guy is truly fascinating.

Back in my tweeting days it was always bizarre when these types got totally dumpstered and acted like they came out on top.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1314219307010863104

They're going to pay up and immediately start doing robocalls

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Surprised they didnt robocall the judge in the middle of the bail hearing.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1314184972429910019?s=20

Back in my tweeting days it was always bizarre when these types got totally dumpstered and acted like they came out on top.

Wait, when's the last time Trump met with a world leader?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Carmant posted:

Wait, when's the last time Trump met with a world leader?

He seemed to like hanging out with Abe

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Azathoth posted:

He seemed to like hanging out with Abe

Hell be hanging out with the American Abe soon enough.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

univbee posted:

Hell be hanging out with the American Abe soon enough.

Well, at least he'll have all the beautiful clean coal he could ever want there.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I guess a lot of it depends on how the tourists spend their money—that is a good point. I still feel like seeing the priceless heritage of your culture and your people as a tool for bringing money into your country is not particularly respectful of it, albeit not on the level of English graverobbers snapping off Tutankhamun’s dick and taking it with them as a joke.

Once you're dead your body is only of value as an object of scientific study. The mummies weren't being priceless objects of heritage down in the well. Being used/exploited is what makes them valuable. Priceless objects came from somewhere and at least Egyptians are getting the benefit of these particular priceless objects.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean these arent being used as scientific purposes these are mostly used to answer questions that in reality dont have much practical purpose.

is it neat? Sure but lets not pretend what happened to what Pharaoh has any practical uses

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

univbee posted:

He’ll be hanging out with the American Abe soon enough.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at this point if everyone goes to hell when they die but could Trump at least go to, like, dog hell or something?

Like a DOG!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Mary Annette posted:

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at this point if everyone goes to hell when they die but could Trump at least go to, like, dog hell or something?

All dogs go to heaven.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean these aren’t being used as scientific purposes these are mostly used to answer questions that in reality don’t have much practical purpose.

is it neat? Sure but let’s not pretend what happened to what Pharaoh has any practical uses

Science doesnt have to have practical uses to be science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Science doesn’t have to have practical uses to be science.

thats fair but my point is if your going to beep boop about it being practical uses, it really isnt.