Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

Soul Blazer, which is basically the prequel, is similarly good but not as much IMO because it's not as openly hosed-up weird and yeah, the boss fights are a snooze where the strategy is something like "hold L and move back and forth" or "wear the ring that doubles yours defense." soul blazer still owns, though. i'm saving terranigma for my death bed. i love the quintet games.

I emulated all these back to back like in middle school when i first discovered ZSNES (or SNES9x? don't remember) and Terranigma loving blew my mind with all the real world locations and how the whole game was one big "town building mini game" which is the best part of any RPG

edit: I literally remember nothing about the spells or the combat or the skill system or anything though lol. Just being amazed that you could meet Albert Einstein and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Since this was posted I can think of 3 or 4 examples where it popped up in my brain and kept me from using a walkthrough for stuff. Those gamer tears were not shed in vain .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

when i use walkthroughs, i use the ones that have the [[The Ice Dungeon]] or w/e headings, and underneath [[Things to find:]] with a checklist, and just make sure i reload if i'm missing anything i'd regret. reading sentence for sentence would be miserable. i wish there were like a gamechecklists.com or something.

https://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

it's like my 3rd playthrough and i wanna get the platinum trophy so this has been useful but my god it hurts to imagine someone using this their first time thru the game

• Locked thread