Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Star Control 2 when you're in hyperspace and a hyperspace blob starts following you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Encountering a Metabble or Metal Slime, especially if they don't run their first turn.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Getting into a random battle mere steps from a town or inn when your party is battered and broken.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When I played Final Fantasy 1 I went into Lich a little underleveled and beat him but it wiped my entire party except for my white mage who had no mp left. The trek back through the dungeon was one of the tensest moments of my gaming career

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Kongming posted:

My very first playthrough of Dark Souls 1 I was in Blighttown and got completely lost. I activated the first bonfire in the upper part of the city and made it all the way to the poison swamp with no estus and near death. I was freaking out looking for a bonfire and I totally missed the one that was right there in the swamp and I had a bunch of souls I didn't want to lose. I actually managed to find the elevator and made my way up and reached the back exit. I remember how excited I felt when I entered New Londo because I recognized the area and knew that Firelink Shrine was nearby. My excitement was short lived as I plunged down the elevator shaft to my death because I forgot to pull the lever to call the elevator down.

Lol, but ouch

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Radios in New Vegas Dead Money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Honestly Dead Money in hardcore mode is one long phanto chase. Your health continually deteriorates and you have to weigh between exploring more of the city or moving on to the objective because of your limited healing resources.

I would say the gachunk sound made by the ghost walkers is a phanto chase but you figure out how to kill them permanently pretty early on

• Locked thread