Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
like 38 or so. really shocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
DEAD THREAD: ARIIIIIIIIISE

Eden Season 2 has been announced and given a date!

This is a first in the freeshard community.

On August 5, 2023:

Everybody's characters get reset to level 1.
IF you are level 50 or RR 2L4, you keep your realm points.
They continue the original ratcheting RR cap. So you have to get 50 again on the same char, but your RPs are there and as the weeks go on, you'll ratchet back up until you're the same RR you are today.

on August 6:
We go into a S2 beta phase where you can do instant 50 with free gear and
NEW FOR S2:
A bunch of more interesting PvE
Bainshees, Heretics and Valkyries are added.

So, if you think this is interesting at all but never got into it, or if you never got high RR the first season, now is the time to jump in.

(and if you play hib, I and my buddies can help you out)

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Would you say it's worth playing 10 days in? How's it looking population wise?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
beta's pretty quiet, come roll an i50 or two to check out new classes but actual launch will be lot bigger.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Eden season 2 starts on Saturday. theyve done a tremendous amount of work on the server and it runs great now. We ran a 'realm invasion' event this weekend where alb/mid bashed on hibernia until we got into the pve zones. The king kicked our rear end but the mids eventually dropped him

here's us getting the drop on hibs from one of the town towers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F8SYfp1TEo

and here's us defending one of the OF keeps with all the bombs (look at my chat window lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QRjdk7qFSw

reresearcher
Feb 24, 2004
Definitely hopping on for season 2. Probably rolling an animist or bonedancer, haven't decided on which

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the fact that the eden "launcher" demands admin rights kind of drives me nuts

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

I'm down for some daoc. What realm are all the cool people playing on?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Started up on Eden, haven't played this game since a few months after release but having fun leveling a hib ranger, I've gotten to 29 and been kind of flailing around a bit but in one of the SI zones now trying to quest/level.

Game is fun, though I feel like rangers are much different than I remember.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Really thought Phoenix 2.0 would be up and running months ago, at this point I'm thinking about potentially starting couple Eden characters to level.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Is anyone playing on Eden? It's been like 20 years since I've played DAOC, lookin for friends to die in pvp with.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

knox posted:

Really thought Phoenix 2.0 would be up and running months ago, at this point I'm thinking about potentially starting couple Eden characters to level.

phx will not be around for in my guess 6+ more months. one of the lead devs has been busy.

Arawn
Jul 5, 2020

MF_James posted:

Is anyone playing on Eden? It's been like 20 years since I've played DAOC, lookin for friends to die in pvp with.

Tempting... lets try to get 2-3 more on board and we're set.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MF_James posted:

literally everybody is yeah. I'm in with a strong alb guild (golden lions) with a bunch of bros i've played with for a few years now and we're humming all right. Alb is underpopulated, so if you want a tougher fight but more glory and don't have a preference otherwise, come hang.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

literally everybody is yeah. I'm in with a strong alb guild (golden lions) with a bunch of bros i've played with for a few years now and we're humming all right. Alb is underpopulated, so if you want a tougher fight but more glory and don't have a preference otherwise, come hang.

Started on eden on Hib as a ranger, seems like the vast majority of people are playing mid. Got my feet wet though and I mostly remember how to play.

I can jump on alb though, how does scout compare to ranger?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
is the malakadingus still trying to be the only bg leader for mid while yelling at everyone?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Yeah that’s my real question.. what’re the BG leader vibes on the realms atm? I always have the itch to play, but it gets real tedious when the one person the Zerg follows ends up being a major man child about it.

The reality is I’d love to never Zerg but I also don’t expect to find a consistent 8man stack to play with so is an actual problem. I am tempted to make something on alb before the season gets to far in but haven’t decided on what caster yet.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, polemo's still driving mid. on alb we have a couple of leads and folks are kind of rotating out lead as not everybody can poopsock. Pilz runs hib still.

if you want a challenge come to alb. we are the underdogs but so far i've had great times both in discord and game

MF_James posted:

I can jump on alb though, how does scout compare to ranger?

basically even except you trade dual wield for slam. which is lmao. slam -> power shot in the face is pure comedy

hunters are pretty threatening. they get a diseasebot pet and you can't really win a 1v1 vs one that knows how to play it

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah, polemo's still driving mid. on alb we have a couple of leads and folks are kind of rotating out lead as not everybody can poopsock. Pilz runs hib still.

if you want a challenge come to alb. we are the underdogs but so far i've had great times both in discord and game

basically even except you trade dual wield for slam. which is lmao. slam -> power shot in the face is pure comedy

hunters are pretty threatening. they get a diseasebot pet and you can't really win a 1v1 vs one that knows how to play it

Cool, I'll jump over there in the next few days, have been having a bit of fun with RvR on hib side, alb/hib seem fairly even from population counts that I've seen but mid def has a 5-10% lead at any time.

Also, lol about the slam thing, that seems insane, I do enjoy CD but slam is just so powerful.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Started a scout over on Alb named Gegens

just realized that when folks said you could get money between realms I didn't realize it was essentially a currency exchange, I was looking forward to having ~2plat on my new guy lol

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
All of my characters are called Cute something on alb, mainly playing reaver and infiltrator. Mostly just solo though.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
switched from sorc to cleric. so much more interesting to me and also i dont get 3shot now. really good fights last night

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Only up to 25 or so on alb, someone did buy out my 1plat exchange so I was able to knock out getting 1100 for max salv/trink

I'll hopefully be 50 by the end of the weekend or early next week.

I've only ever played Ranger before, I'll probably level a caster at some point later to give something else a shot.

Any opinions on guilds? I'll be looking to run basically everything 8m/zerg/pve

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Federation of Albion is a good and pretty open guild. if you want to hang with Golden Lions i can get you in np, just dont be a jerk (we are v chill)

---

busy day. huge 3 way BG fights, then we took a relic out of hib. 60k rps and ended up topping the list

e: some fights from today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3HfgJSB6k

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 29, 2023

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Jonny 290 posted:

Federation of Albion is a good and pretty open guild. if you want to hang with Golden Lions i can get you in np, just dont be a jerk (we are v chill)

---

busy day. huge 3 way BG fights, then we took a relic out of hib. 60k rps and ended up topping the list

e: some fights from today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3HfgJSB6k

turn off your torch you drat noob :P

did sweaty turn into tabula then golden lions?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Eden torches don't show up for other players! They fixed it finally after all these years.

Yeah, sweaty casuals turned into tabula rasa, which is still active on hib. some of us went to alb and started lions

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West
Got an Alb wizard up to mid 30's now. Mostly just solo, if not in the bg's. I think I am starting to remember how to play now : p Tried a few diff classes here and there, not 100% sure on the wizard but it is pretty ok. Still kinda casual and I dont really plan on socking it, but so far it is fun. Wizards name is Kakan, would be happy to hangout or join some guild as long as its laidback and cool.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

Eden torches don't show up for other players! They fixed it finally after all these years.

Woah. This is wild.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm not a wow goon, so I can fit in with normal people and not be a raging shitbag, I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm on, looks like you're dunkleric?

So much poo poo on here is new to me, I only played for like the first 6-9 months after launch with an EQ PVP guild, never got to see SI and so much poo poo is different than what I remember, it's also been 20+ years so that could have something to do with it.

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

MF_James posted:

I'm not a wow goon, so I can fit in with normal people and not be a raging shitbag, I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm on, looks like you're dunkleric?

So much poo poo on here is new to me, I only played for like the first 6-9 months after launch with an EQ PVP guild, never got to see SI and so much poo poo is different than what I remember, it's also been 20+ years so that could have something to do with it.

I second this.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MF_James posted:

yeah. all my char names start with Dunk. hit me up (if i'm not online you can even send me mail. Yes we have a mail system now!)

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
How's small man this season of Eden? One thing I really loved from Celestius was the small man focus and they didn't really bring it over in season one it felt like.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
smally and 8 is popular. there is a lot of spice around the 5 man deserters, and all the 8's are doing the king of the hill event like crazy (you try to keep control of one of the mazes, it rotates each hour or something)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
come crack jokes and take relics with us

https://i.imgur.com/uE1XqVg.mp4

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gonna play on Eden and make a character on Alb. What is the most OP class for soloing?

In as a Cabalist named Nelden :rock:

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 2, 2024

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I wouldn’t call any daoc class ‘good at soloing’ other than a skald because they’re the only speed class that can routinely dunk on other fools roaming around solo. I also don’t value 1v1 PvP in this game fwiw so I’m super biased. Probably necromancer or heretic on alb, or scout if you want a stealth.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 2, 2024

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
necro is severely OP 1v1, anybody dumb enough to engage them solo deserves the trip back to relic town

champ and skald probably strongest solo but i know soloers of many classes that make them work

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
people that insist on soloing in daoc are either masochists, adepts, or a combo of both. even if you are somehow godlike in your abilities you will constantly get rolled by zergs/8mans/smalls. if you can tolerate that more power to you. seriously.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

ded posted:

people that insist on soloing in daoc are either masochists, adepts, or a combo of both. even if you are somehow godlike in your abilities you will constantly get rolled by zergs/8mans/smalls. if you can tolerate that more power to you. seriously.

Example: high rr solo wizard on Celestius used to just fly over a hill and bolt the small man area. Hilarious and effective but the playstyle was super kamikaze.

There was a reaver that was a holy terror though, could 1v3+ depending on small comp and rr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
on a lark i leveled a heretic and its mostly geared. took it out to defend a keep or two tonight solo. incredible fun and very effective