Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
French, but shows the progress Eden devs have made on porting daoc to run on UE5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eIq2VqFr4k

5:45 or so for the new shots.

If they pull this off we could see a huge resurgence in interest, imo. I think there are a lot of 'hardcore gamers' that either aren't aware of (relatively sweaty) daoc, or won't play because it looks like dogshit and the client is timewarped to the bush era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

This looks sick but I think if you want to surge DAOC's playerbase you need to improve the UI and how it surfaces information more than visuals.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
That's in the plan, they want to get it rendering right and then work on the UI.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
how would it handle things like zergs and relic raids tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh sure, that'll be the ultimate challenge for them. but the old 32 bit client is so handcuffed that i have hopes they can use all of a modern system's resources

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm not sure UE5 is going to reignite the game but at least it'll look nice.

Also not sure how broad their scope is in messing with the core game. It's really easy to fall down that slippery slope from remaster to doing their own thing, like the Skyblivion project.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?
The last point I remember playing, I was really only playing Alb/Mid for the most part. Never really seriously leveled any classes on Hib.

Are Thanes a class that still underperforms in RVR? They were generally hated for breaking CC with AOE hammers in RVR.

Necros were kings in PVE leveling, but not so desired for RVR.

However Eden has appeared to draw some folks back, interesting to see how the engine updates could bring even more back!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thanes got a big boost and are now very heavily played. they have good magic dps and survivability, and static tempest is critical to winning a lot of fights

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
video from the big event weekend where we straight up jacked a relic from the mids that they jacked from us. enormous poc fight. i am here on my dogshit scrub heretic and it was so fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZ3QaZ3tX8

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this realm invasion event is nuts. mids quickly lost all keeps cept fens and now alb + hib just keep smashing each other unable to take it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ded posted:

this realm invasion event is nuts. mids quickly lost all keeps cept fens and now alb + hib just keep smashing each other unable to take it

TR's taking an afternoon break more or less, we keep crashing on big fights, even those of us with boss computers

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i put everything into potato mode along with classic models, it's helped some. i just barely got a bd to 50 and templated out for this

edit : about 30-50% of each bg seems to ld on the big hits

ded fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 3, 2024

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hib's not coming back till some of yall log off. we cannot fight five hundred mids at a choke point, we all just crash

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i've only been able to be there for a few short times. we still hold fens. the hib & alb bgs smashing into each other plus all the ld's has made taking it very difficult. most of the hibs left and albs have been getting farmed a bit in odins gate.

mids are ld'ing just as hard. just a constant stream if there is contact

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah i'm not being a hater towards yall or w/e. you're doing what youre supposed to, playing the game. It's just really not fun this weekend imo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the rps from this are absolutely horrible too :lol:

a nice idea of an event that isnt working out

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...4871cd4a4cd595&

some stuff getting posted in screenshots on the eden disco

ded fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 3, 2024

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

well had to take a long break after swapping to alb due to some family stuff, finally back at it and hit 50 with my scout but ugh do archers suck on eden.

Swapped to friar for the ability to solo farm and holy poo poo are they good lol

hit 50 and immediately solo'd a bunch of poo poo like dragon quest pt1 that the scout would have gotten wrecked by.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 24, 2024

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So somehow we dropped thors hammer in fens and....

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmao

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
oh and hello to smap for lifting my screenshot to try and show it as some kind of attempt at haxxoring the game :lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
somehow i accidently on a thane i've been rvring on for less than a week

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hahah gently caress yeah

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
last night we walked 3 relics into koth and fought then capped them all

today before 9am my time pilz had already taken them all

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ded posted:

last night we walked 3 relics into koth and fought then capped them all

today before 9am my time pilz had already taken them all

alb did get them all at one point? I was on for part of this, but we ran into a bunch of 3-way fights and just couldn't get them.

Also, man is staff friar horrid for rvr, need to get myself a rejuv set of gear badly.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
speaking of which, i was so bored with rvr last week i farmed 25 plat and got myself my final dual spec stone* and rebuilt my druid template with infernals. having crack 20 fulltime is quite nice and almost counteracts the admins loving hibernian healers.

* bainshee can switch between 41 pulse/35 SG and 50 bolt, hero can switch between spear/slam and 50shield/50parry, and druid can hop between 43buffs/32 heals and 40heals/36nature. its nice cause you get to load up different RA and CL sets for em too. bain has vp5 and sick crits in bolt spec, lol i can instakill a couple people every 15 mins

MF_James
May 8, 2008

So, in templates that people post, some gear shows no names, are those crafted gear slots or world drop random gear from sobekite?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sobe drops would have a ROG name so it should be there. if there's no name, it's crafted yeah.

like here's my new druid temp. gloves boots and legs are crafted

https://pastebin.com/D3Z7pS98

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
lmbo this new ev poo poo is going to kill regular rvr even harder than koth

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the protest has started

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Honestly good. We're sick of pilz too. He won't listen to any of the other leaders, ever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
back on alb
missed my cleric
we whipped some rear end today

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
btw, have i ever posted my healerboard?

its currently labeled for druid but it works for cleric too

I got tired of scrambling for buttons so i bought this koolertron 48 key macro pad and programmed it up

top left is buffs, yellow are /bg chat commands, blue is /g commands, some emotes, and then the H1 through H8 keys target a group member, /face them, cast a greater heal, cast a PR, and then cast regular rez. Whichever one fixes them hits first. its got the clear top cash register keys so i can print out labels on sticker paper on my laser printer and customize them

yes, my sweat level on healing classes is incredibly high. and i rarely touch the mouse, all the targeting and stuff is done via left hand on wasd and hitting f1-f8, and my right hand on this

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 15, 2024

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
I mean that’s bad rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm eyeing up the 142 key Cherry macro pad with the clear label-able keycaps meant for POS machines. It has a card swipe thing too.

we did the math and at 3 towers + 1 keep * 24 keeps you could have a "TARGET: CAER ERASLEIGH GUARDTOWER" macro for every structure in the game and only use 96 of them