Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Started up on Eden, haven't played this game since a few months after release but having fun leveling a hib ranger, I've gotten to 29 and been kind of flailing around a bit but in one of the SI zones now trying to quest/level.

Game is fun, though I feel like rangers are much different than I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Is anyone playing on Eden? It's been like 20 years since I've played DAOC, lookin for friends to die in pvp with.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

literally everybody is yeah. I'm in with a strong alb guild (golden lions) with a bunch of bros i've played with for a few years now and we're humming all right. Alb is underpopulated, so if you want a tougher fight but more glory and don't have a preference otherwise, come hang.

Started on eden on Hib as a ranger, seems like the vast majority of people are playing mid. Got my feet wet though and I mostly remember how to play.

I can jump on alb though, how does scout compare to ranger?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah, polemo's still driving mid. on alb we have a couple of leads and folks are kind of rotating out lead as not everybody can poopsock. Pilz runs hib still.

if you want a challenge come to alb. we are the underdogs but so far i've had great times both in discord and game

basically even except you trade dual wield for slam. which is lmao. slam -> power shot in the face is pure comedy

hunters are pretty threatening. they get a diseasebot pet and you can't really win a 1v1 vs one that knows how to play it

Cool, I'll jump over there in the next few days, have been having a bit of fun with RvR on hib side, alb/hib seem fairly even from population counts that I've seen but mid def has a 5-10% lead at any time.

Also, lol about the slam thing, that seems insane, I do enjoy CD but slam is just so powerful.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Started a scout over on Alb named Gegens

just realized that when folks said you could get money between realms I didn't realize it was essentially a currency exchange, I was looking forward to having ~2plat on my new guy lol

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Only up to 25 or so on alb, someone did buy out my 1plat exchange so I was able to knock out getting 1100 for max salv/trink

I'll hopefully be 50 by the end of the weekend or early next week.

I've only ever played Ranger before, I'll probably level a caster at some point later to give something else a shot.

Any opinions on guilds? I'll be looking to run basically everything 8m/zerg/pve

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

Federation of Albion is a good and pretty open guild. if you want to hang with Golden Lions i can get you in np, just dont be a jerk (we are v chill)

I'm not a wow goon, so I can fit in with normal people and not be a raging shitbag, I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm on, looks like you're dunkleric?

So much poo poo on here is new to me, I only played for like the first 6-9 months after launch with an EQ PVP guild, never got to see SI and so much poo poo is different than what I remember, it's also been 20+ years so that could have something to do with it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

well had to take a long break after swapping to alb due to some family stuff, finally back at it and hit 50 with my scout but ugh do archers suck on eden.

Swapped to friar for the ability to solo farm and holy poo poo are they good lol

hit 50 and immediately solo'd a bunch of poo poo like dragon quest pt1 that the scout would have gotten wrecked by.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 24, 2024

MF_James
May 8, 2008

ded posted:

last night we walked 3 relics into koth and fought then capped them all

today before 9am my time pilz had already taken them all

alb did get them all at one point? I was on for part of this, but we ran into a bunch of 3-way fights and just couldn't get them.

Also, man is staff friar horrid for rvr, need to get myself a rejuv set of gear badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

So, in templates that people post, some gear shows no names, are those crafted gear slots or world drop random gear from sobekite?