Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The free to play aspect doesn't look very promising. You get one slot, from a choice of 4 classes they've picked and you can't go higher than 3L9. I dont even think you can trade gear and the amount of exp and rps you gain is severely limited.

Just play uthgard if you want a nostalgia tour or wait for Pheonix. Broadsword have flipped all the classes and abilities on their heads. Then you get rolled by rr10-15 players because that's all who play anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If anyone plays Uthgard on Albion, I have a level 50 minst/theurg and a 48 paladin.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

TBH uthgard is real slow for the summer. Meaning there aren't as many pre-40 groups right now. Lots of crazy people prefer making alts or power leveling to pvp, though. And obviously a necro is the best solo class on the server.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

That's why I miss Mordred(the pvp server).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I can't decide between enchanter or skald.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

clone on the phone posted:

Ugh I’m having a real hard time choosing what realm/class to play.

Me neither. Leaning towards Enchanter. I'll probably decide by tomorrow. All I know is the starter areas are gonna be loving camped so I'm not missing much.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Troll posted:

I picked a healer named Cast. Got to 12 by AOE'ing some sort of floating sea creatures. Does this game have diminishing returns on AOE stun? Right now I'm dumping all my points in the buff line, with one point in the targeted slow for pulling.

In terms of PvE, each time you stun a mob past the first time, the stun duration is going to be halved. In RvR, when someone is stunned, after it wears off they will have stun immunity for a minute.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Playing a chanter on hib. Got to level 27. In game name is the same. I got into a large guild(synergy). No idea if I'll stay but it's fine for now. Do we have enough goons to make a guild?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Frog Act posted:

Made a druid on phoenix hib, named Dongquixote. got him to level 6. for an MMO from the early 2000s I was impressed with the freeness with which it hands out equipment, the usability of said equipment for me even as a druid, the combat is acceptable and competently executed EQ-era tabbing but felt closer to WoW in terms of difficulty and pacing. all in all, I definitely dig it and will log in some more later. I put my points in Nurture and Nature for now, since they seem to be best for soloing, but I'll respec once I hit a level where I can group.

would be much more appealing with a guild though, someone do that!

A lot of the equipment stuff, etc, is quality of life changes made by the people running the server. It was definitely a bit more staunch back in the day. Gotta have people paying for subs and all.

Also as a druid you are probably the most wanted character in a group, in hibernia. Group as soon as you can, if that's what you'd like to do.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Frog Act, I'll try and catch you later tonight if you are on. And try to answer any questions about the game or the server that you might have. Daoc can be a bit overwhelming at first. Especially competing at a high tier in rvr once you've gotten through with the pve. In a lot of respects pve will get you ready for rvr. But then you're gonna be using skills you might have learned from other mmos such as kiting or pre healing.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

I'll let you in on a secret with goons and daoc, no one sticks around. Play where you want to be.

Pretty much

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Frog Act posted:

I'm still screwing around on Phoenix, got my Druid to level 10 and I'm wondering where to put my points. Should I be investing in the line that gives me more powerful pets and attacks mostly, buffs second, and heals rarely? It seems like I can put a ton of points into stuff without getting a new ability sometimes

Most druids do a mix of healing (regrowth), and nurture (spec buffs). If you plan on only soloing you can surely spec nature. I'd try and get a group, though. You're the most wanted class in hibernia. Do /lfg exp, and watch the invites fly in.

I'd get regrowth to 7(cure poison and disease) or 15(better rez) to start, and probably pump up your buffs to better serve your group.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Acuity applies to whatever your classes main casting stat is. As far as gear goes, it would give you empathy as a druid. As far as the acuity buff goes, I think it only works on casters.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Almost got my NS to 50. Decided to quit doing pve and have been doing rvr tasks since 44. Only way to go. Having too much fun perfing people. The action is insane. There can still be like 2k people on at NA primetime.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

bagrada posted:

Where do low level bards get their instruments? (Phoenix if that matters). I checked all the vendors I could find in the first two towns, and then ran around TNN a bit. I couldn't figure out where to get the drums or whatever to be able to play speed song. I probably won't go back to that char, I just wanted to zip around around exploring a bit and eventually found a hastener, but I'd still like to know if I missed it.

On this server instruments have been consolidated and all the songs can be played on a harp. Try checking the consignment merchant at the entrance of housing.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If anyone needs help in hibernia, you can find me on Kazvall or Zhulku tonight.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Phoenix killed Uthgard and hopefully it will kill live, too.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Finally made a nightshade template with all MP armor. Managed to actually cap EVERYTHING except envenom, for which I shall use a swap item.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

90% of the time if I log in I am playing my 50 NS, Zhulku. Pve and raids hurt me now. I need that sweet pvp adrenaline rush. If anyone plays hib.. well hit me up on steam as my sa username and we will do some killing. (Also have a 50 chanter, tried to make a third char but I've reached my leveling limit)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I was Zhalfer/Zhyres on Alb/Guin. I remember a lot of you perc/nimue peeps. I was in Orchid Fair, Ridda Sigor, and Dark Auspices guild(s).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Both my rr5 highlander paladin, and rr7 saracen minst are playable. My briton heretic is not. Probably because he doesn't have over 7 days played. I logged in the other night and there was a pitiful amount of people on. Not only that but I couldn't figure out how to find any sort of faction wide chat like there is on phoenix. Couple that with having no real sense of if my gear blows or not, I logged out pretty quick.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Twlight posted:

go visit the king they have setup so you can get decent gear quickly. for alb he's in camelot

My gear is probably okay. I got the king's helpers bonus stuff on both the toons. Mostly it's that there are 1k people on phoenix right this moment not spread across a crazy amount of zones and instances.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm dumb and kind of feel like starting some mids on phoenix even though I already have a rr6 nightshade.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Just play phoenix. There are currently around 1700 people on. Thid is very popular and caps at 3L1 so you can be a bg baby forever if you desire.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ded posted:

They made minstrel super easy mode. You can run charm + speed without having to twist at all.

And here I bought a lifetime supply of glucosamine for NO reason!!!!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm still here on phoenix. It is very quick to level. They also reworked the realm timer and it rules. Basically, if you take part in rvr/pve in an rvr zone, any characters you have in other realms will be locked to their pve maps. Meaning you can essentially swap over and pve any time you'd like. I have characters I'm working on in all the realms, so feel free to hit me up, anyone whom is still playing.

I am also playing Uthgard very rarely, because I had a 48 paladin on there that I wanted to finish.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah there is also a mountain of difference between making a 99% suit and an MP weaponless temp. Especially for plate armor.

People do dragon/legion/summoner/epic dungeon all the time. These places drop the special currency to buy epic items without having to roll for them yourself.

So, I'm saying play what you will have fun with. Gear will come. You can make a cheap template til rr5 for the plat you'll make from leveling.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Holy poo poo!

Phoenix has an exp event going on right now. You start level 1, no exp, no items, just started weapon. Port to the event zone, and never leave it.

All realms combined battlegrounds pvp/leveling. You get a group of 5 automatically, and each level you get new gear. Been playing for about an hour and am level 15. 1L4.

poo poo is bananas, check the phoenix forum for more details. I'll probably be 50 by tonight with rr4.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Welp, since yesterday I've got a Paladin to 41, Runemaster to 36, Bonedancer to 25, and a Mentalist to 27. They all started at level 1. All in PvP, no boring PvE at all.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can easily aoe dot groups of yellows. If I am free this week I will try and group with you.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Kazvall#7290 on discord if someone wants to message me to play.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I keep meaning to play, but Valheim sucked me in for a bit. I would love if someone has a stealther on hib to accompany my NS. Or, my paladin is getting close to 50 and needs exp (46 or so).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

At high RR you can get some good wild power and occasionally crit both minstrel DDs and it is hilarious.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I keep making a minst, getting to 40ish and deleting after the event. So, maybe this time I can get one to 50 and keep it, lol.

I could also make some sort of caster instead, because I hate expensive templates. Maybe earth wiz?

I do still need to level my paladin to 50. I spent a ton of plat and feathers on getting all his items so I am honor bound to finish him up.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 6, 2021

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I hate to say I am looking forward to this live classic server, but, it seems I am.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress Phoenix then!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We could play all the servers and pick a different realm for each. Not like leveling takes that long on these.

I am sort of curious how no spellcrafting and stealthers would go. But, I still really want to play an assassin or archer from some server launch.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

CopperHound posted:

Y'all are giving me the itch to pick this terrible old game another try even though I was always awful and never got above RR5.

I think I ran with you last time I tried playing. I can't remember if it was live or a freeshard. I think you were a warden and I was a hero? I'm not sure a stealth class is right for me, but I'd probably be down with playing the same realm as you.

I think I'd want to choose a class that is okay for some PvE stuff, because I have always had a soft spot for the lovely PvE in this game. On these servers would that still generally mean Pet, Tank, or Buffing/Healing class?

Hey dude. It has been a minute, but yes we played some hibs last time. I'd be glad to play with you again. Let's see how all these freeshards shake out this year. I'll surely play a visible class of some sort. Was eyeing both mid and alb this time.

As far as PVE, there are a lot of classes that can do both PVE and RVR well. Melee, healers, and most casters, as far as grouping goes.

I always play Minst, hard for me not to. I have recently decided that I will no longer be playing a paladin because I do not want to twist ever again. Friar for sure. Then some sort of dwarf on Midgard. Undecided on class.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dang I am HYPE now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Anyone want to try this Eden alpha tomorrow?