Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyro88
Jun 8, 2013
There’s a lot of missing and misinformation in this thread so I want to help clear things up about live servers.

Ywain 1-10 is a single server. 1-10 are separated solely for the purposes of housing. It otherwise does not matter where you create your characters. A Ywain 1 character can only buy a house on ywain 1, but can travel to any of the “other ywains” houses and purchase items from another player.

Realm locks are gone. It does not matter which server you pick, you’ll be able to create classes on all 3 realms. Or you can spread them out through all of the ywains, see above.

Kings gear does “maximize” your stats and resists but you are still worthless in it (for RVR) except for zerging. There are items that take you above the natural cap for hit points, stat points, etc. The main exception here is resists but there are a few items that go above cap on resists.

You absolutely need a good template to compete in the modern RVR outside of a Zerg environment (ie: soloing, small groups, and 8v8/8vX).

Templates are stupid expensive (old players have too much platinum), however there are budget builds out there that can get you competitive. Daocutils.com is a pretty good resource. Postcount.net is okay at best nowadays. For a new or returning player I highly suggest finding an active guild and making friends with people that can help you.

RVR is pretty much THE end game. Some people run the pve raids and dungeons only but they’re really a means to an end, which is templating for RVR.

The pvp is pretty tough to get accustomed to because as before mentioned the UI is garbage, and hot key customization is annoying at best. I recommend getting one of the few custom UIs out there.

Other than that I’m happy to answer any questions here, or in game on Midgard. My main characters name is Soflatos.

P.S. Gaheris (pve only server) has basically gently caress all for population but if that’s more your speed go for it. I’m sure the people there would be happy to see some new faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyro88
Jun 8, 2013

FrostyPox posted:

Well got into my first big RvR party on my late 40s Healer. :psyduck:

Figures it'd be on the class that is
A.)A magnet for all the damage dealers
B.)A role I'm generally not comfortable playing in any MMO, let alone a PvP focused one.
C.)I've been told one of the hardest classes to play in the game in general.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that when a party member's name turns blue with those exclamation points it means they're Mez'ed and I should use my Mez cure :smithicide:

Healers are definitely harder than most, but awesome when you can turn a poo poo situation to a good one. For a newer player or someone who needs to knock off the rust I’d recommend playing aug/mend at 50 as it will be less stressful. If you wanna try pac/mend or tri-spec I encourage that too though. You’re only going to get better at the hard stuff with practice! Look me up on Soflatos, I play healer and would love to help you out with questions.