Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Forgot this thread was a thing.. someone made the mistake of letting me know about atlas so of course I rolled some characters on Hib.

Server has absolutely been rocky as all hell, but maybe they finally fixed the endless lag spikes..? Maybe this time?

I’ll probably roll on Phoenix when that opens, I’ve been out of the loop on daoc free shards, so I’m unaware of how long to expect these servers to be active before they get shutdown.. I’m having fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Up to 901 alchemy and have a 44 bard, 50 ment, 35 druid. Atlas has been fun. Any Hib goons in a decent guild or know the scene? My group of friends has been eyeing conclave of shadows as a possible home.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Gonna be dumb and playing on eden because I can’t help myself.

At least I have a few months before it actually releases.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Kazvall posted:

Anyone want to try this Eden alpha tomorrow?

Yeah i'll be messing around. got a few friends rolling there come launch, some going to make alpha chars with me. Apparently alpha chars will persist into beta for the 1-50 test. We are currently leaning towards Albion, just to try something new since this group has either always been hib or mid.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Doom Rooster posted:

I’m planning on hopping on for Eden. I haven’t played DAOC since before the first expansion.

I have a boat load of MMO experience so should be able to pick it back up relatively easily. Is there any class that’s at least passable solo, very desired for groups, but pretty easy to play well?

It’s more about what role you want to do in endgame pvp. Want to heal? Peel (stun and CC melee off your caster)? Be a melee dps? be a caster dps? etc. want the one movement speed buff on your realm? Want cc or damage spells?

The group / pve content is a means to get to endgame and pvp, and most classes have a pve spec and pvp spec you switch into at max level. Often times people will first level a healer as a pve farm alt or a pbaoe (bomb) class for dps in farm groups. The holy Trinity.. kind of exists, but it’s more bombs, healers, a dude with a shield to block for the bombs.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Doom Rooster posted:

Very sad. Can’t actually play the game. Downloaded and installed, but got a file path error. It tells me to select the e path manually, and I do but still nothing.

Support on the forum said that I just needed to download the new update, which I did but no change. Restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled, same exact thing. Someone else on the forum is having the exact same issue, but support has not responded in like 5 days.

i saw someone posting in their discord on launch day with this identical issue, it ended up being a VPN issue for them i thought? or something equally as simple.

tons of pins in their tech support channel on discord i'd check through, also the basic: don't put the eden launcher in the daoc folder seemed to trip up a lot of folks so maybe double confirm that? if its asking you for a path that seems to line up

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I need to stop being lazy and actually level up some characters. Is the general route to do tutorial to 10, then bg quest / dungeon depending what group you get?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Yeah that’s my real question.. what’re the BG leader vibes on the realms atm? I always have the itch to play, but it gets real tedious when the one person the Zerg follows ends up being a major man child about it.

The reality is I’d love to never Zerg but I also don’t expect to find a consistent 8man stack to play with so is an actual problem. I am tempted to make something on alb before the season gets to far in but haven’t decided on what caster yet.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Jonny 290 posted:

Eden torches don't show up for other players! They fixed it finally after all these years.

Woah. This is wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I wouldn’t call any daoc class ‘good at soloing’ other than a skald because they’re the only speed class that can routinely dunk on other fools roaming around solo. I also don’t value 1v1 PvP in this game fwiw so I’m super biased. Probably necromancer or heretic on alb, or scout if you want a stealth.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 2, 2024