Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
I last played this game on the Classic No-TOA server reboot they did back in 2004/2005? I think. It was fun to be able to RVR without having an eternity of bullshit raid content to do, and more specifically since we were playing Midgard an eternity of bullshit to do WITHOUT any spellcasters that artificially simulate having high #s of attackers to lower raidboss defense.

I hit RR7 or so in a month, and already it was getting hard to find groups. A buddy of mine asked me if I wanted to play World of Warcraft instead and welp, there it is.

I enjoyed playing a 2h Hammer Savage and just going for as many 1k+ hits as possible.

Whenever I consider playing the game again out of nostalgia I remember:

required buffbotting
game is not balanced or designed around soloing or small groups

I bet that for buffbotted hybrids, stealthers, archers it's still a reasonable experience. Skirmishes and random 1v1, 1v2 situations. I recently saw an uploaded video of a guy's encounters, and it was 15 minutes of a solo wizard riding around and MOC-ing down whatever person he found, then retreating until his cds were back up. Yawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU