Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

I said come in! posted:

Details of the Free to Play model on Live are available now:

Can play for free on the Ywain server.
Can obtain max realm rank.
Can earn Master Levels and Master Level Abilities.
Cannot earn Champion Levels or Champion Level Abilities.
Can fully participate in PvE encounters or quests and earn endgame loot but cannot earn existing alternate currencies.
Can obtain level 50 but cannot use the /rp off and /xp off commands.
The rate of character progression will also be limited.
Will have "classic" buffing rules.
EC-characters must stay in range and be grouped with any other character that they buff or are buffed by for the buffs to work.
Cannot use existing buff potions.
Can play on any pre-existing character of any class as long as the account was previously subscribed.
Newly created characters are limited to the following classes:
Albion:
Cleric
Friar
Paladin
Sorcerer
Mercenary

Midgard:
Shaman
Healer
Valkyrie
Runemaster
Berserker

Hibernia:
Druid
Warden
Bard
Mentalist
Blademaster

Cannot own or be given permission to access a house or guild house.
Cannot create a guild or be promoted to guild master.
Will have access to all tradeskills except Siegecrafting and Bountycrafting.
Will have access to all three realms on a single account.
One EC-account logged-in per person.
Will not receive veteran-based account rewards.

I loved/love DAOC but their f2p vision is so stupid. no champion levels? Cool, have fun templating without any of the end game gear that requires CL15 (all the weapons/some of the chapter armor/etc). Also god phoenix tore live up and I finally gave in and cancelled all my macro team accounts except for 1. Hopefully pop will pick up soon, but these people on the internal forums and postcount claiming "FREE TO PLAY WILL BRING BACK SO MANY PEOPLE" are living a god drat delusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

gepgepgep posted:

This is how I read this. :hfive:

accurate but I wanna play mid

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner

ggschmitty posted:

I haven't talked to him in years I think he purged me from his socials :pensive:

he is the glue that holds us together

I would never do that to you <3 YOU ARE STILL ON ALL MY poo poo!