Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I created a scout on US2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I'm really enjoying Phoenix, it seems like there is always somebody around and something going on. I have a couple characters on Alb and Hib now and the Albion side players seem much nicer for some reason. It's fun discovering new things without having everything spelled out for me and I like the quality of life stuff they've added.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I hopped into Natural Born Killers on Alb and they have been very helpful. They are in the main alliance I believe and open invite. My scouts name is Azulle and my play time irregular due to child rearing

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

hotdog feet posted:

How are friars on this patch for Phoenix? Their forums aren't great so i was hoping somebody had some first hand experience. I'm just interested in soloing.

They are good, lots of people recommending them on event.

Event is really fun I was able to get 1-25 in under 2 hours.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

iminers posted:

Whats it mean when you make your character (friar) and go through all the cosmetic stuff and hit continue to enter the game
and it puts you right back at the character select screen, minus the new character you just tried to create?

Some race/class combinations aren't allowed as they were introduced in later patches. They couldn't remove those options from the UI I'm assuming.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

For leveling a minny did you always keep a healing pet or a near-level yellow pet? Or did you do it all during the event? I can take down oranges and reds with a pet no problem but it feels slow compared to my scout.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I’m in FoA as well as Duvall a scout. I’m going to grind plat for a template so if anyone wants to park and soak up some free xp let me know. I’m on the Phoenix discord hit me up.

Once you get around 40 there are lots of DF groups.

Super easy to get into PVP or PVM.

Keep Battles are fun as hell.

bomb fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 24, 2021

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Bahanahab posted:

Are there any albion classes that I should stay away from? I have no idea what the current state of classes are.

I would say all classes are worth playing. Don't go scout/inf if you cant afford arrows/poison.

This game is a lot more group oriented than a WoW. You may be grinding a bit up until 20ish when you can hop into an xp group. It's pretty easy to get to 20 with every class.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

btw i will never rvr with that god damned infiltrator even when its 50 because a template is like 100 plat and i dont like having to keep track of which one of 9 weapons i've currently switched to. it was a passing lark during an event and i kinda hated it

the minstrel on the other hand is my highest RR character and i love it to pieces. It is the best if you want to do some soloing, some grouping, a little bit of damage and a whole lot of harassment. nothing is better than running zone walls over in hib land till you find some stoned animist and completely wreck their poo poo right after they pull a dozen mobs, with the assistance of your level 54 charmed dual-wielding pet. probably the best class in the game holistically

Scout templates are super expensive too, I've been playing a smattering of other characters just to break the monotony of the plat grind.

One of my alts is a bone dancer and the changes they made to bone army are interesting. Instead of archer pets you now have caster pets. I wonder if they made this change to make farming easier? Seems like they hit pretty hard. I love my necro but BD so far has been a lot more pleasurable to play.

For the PVP event this weekend I think I'm going to make a Sorcerer, Cabby, Thane, or Runemaster.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Event is good times. Wish they hadn't changed the autogroup if you already have group members. I blame Dermit.

They should run event 1 week out of the month in my opinion.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

We are still playing this game (its good) come be an alb player and listen to the bant in the battlegroup

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

The truth is we like bad video games

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

I and my squad are set up on both alb and (now) hib, we play whichever realm is underpopulated that night and needs some sick rear end kills to even it out. Can get you in on either of those realms and show you the ropes.

e: bonus points to anybody who can guess what hib class im playing

do you need me to come duo ani with you or are you a vampiir/bainshee or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Would you say it's worth playing 10 days in? How's it looking population wise?