Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

lofi posted:

Nah, TFR's is just guns, doesn't cover tactical pens!

TFR covers everything to do with weapons and the "tactical" lifestyle, accessories included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Comrade Koba posted:

:psyduck:

Is this from a Bradford Exchange catalog for right-wing nutjobs?

It's an $8 knife. That category is loaded with really lovely blades with stupid, elaborate designs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Comrade Koba posted:

That description reads like they outsourced their website to whatever country in Asia they buy their products from.

I've seen stuff like that from Americans. Usually they ask a friend or family member who's completely uneducated and unqualified to write their marketing copy because "Look at what good work they did for this church flyer five years ago!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Is posting basically everything from Cold Steel cheating or..?

At least Cold Steel is actually really good for its price point. Their ads are hilarious, but the actual weapons are made well and relatively cheap.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Youtubed EDC and I haven't watched much of this yet but the comments are disabled and he says he's making this new EDC video because his old one is outdated and "now that I've been involved in a lot gun battles" his EDC has updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os9WEA_Or9s

e: the only camo thing I own is sweatpants but heck that's really more for the chicks than me

Demolition Ranch is a comedy channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-I2xv_EIH4

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Death Panel Czar posted:

Also GUNDERWEAR

I believe the actual copywritten term is "Thunderwear".

Not a joke.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Breakfast Feud posted:

Thunderwear has the gun at the front. I guess there's a big enough market to support multiple brands. The downside with this other one is that it won't shoot the wearer's dick off as easily.

I've actually seen Thunderwear advertised as a female product to accommodate carrying concealed with the tight and slight clothing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EDC is really a useful thing to do, but so many of these guys seem like they’re preparing for nothing but Die Hard scenarios. They only have enough medical supplies on them for treating one injury at best and no tools.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The intended purpose of EDC is that you'll be prepared for any sudden disastrous event that might occur in your daily life. Car crashes, serious work accidents, medical emergencies, natural disasters that catch you away from home, or being at the scene of a crime.

Gorka's is so dumb because he's clearly just preparing for a gunfight. He doesn't have any tools except a knife and lighter and no medical supplies except for a combat tourniquet that he's definitely only planning on using on himself if he gets shot in the arm by a terrorist. If someone at the office fell off a ladder or a car drove up onto the sidewalk and ran a bunch of people over, his EDC is totally useless.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bony tony posted:

The article went into that. He's using two different caliber guns because he thinks he's in Call of Duty.

The article misread the picture. He says one gun OR the other. He’s not carrying two at once.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

And I've got to disagree with his "Just get a Gerber" assertion. Gerber are loving poo poo these days. Get a Swiss Army Knife. Not tacticool, but practical.

I'd say a Leatherman Rebar or Wave since the blades and tools are bigger. I bought a Rebar for $50 and it almost completely replaced every non-specialized and non-power tool for virtually every task I had to do.

Not great for self-defense, but that's what a proper weapon is for.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I, too, find humor in men being raped in prison.

It’s a contraband joke, not a rape joke.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

So, question, how many work places are okay with their employees to come into work strapped?

I couldn't think of an effective strap-on joke in relation to the "rear end murderer" thing.

It's completely dependent on your environment. Generally any gun store or rental range will have employees openly carrying handguns to discourage anyone from trying to make off with a gun or load it up while examining it. I've been given permission to bring one to work if there's a serious concern about the office's safety because we've had some extremely crazy customers go utterly ballistic and actually make physical threats, and we're far enough back in a plaza off a highway (with a full glass front that anyone with a weapon could break) that no cop would ever arrive in time if some lunatic showed up with a tire iron or something.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I always forget about these videos until something suddenly reminds me, and then it's a scramble to remember the name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j35GuYWQcI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCEfu471oS8

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

I was just wondering if these EC guys are like office workers, or mechanics, or salesmen or whatever. I think if I worked in an office and Trey is always walking around with his Sig 229 on his hip I'd have a talk with HR.

I think the infamous EDC Nerd picture was a janitor or IT guy at NASA. A lot of them are just regular office workers; I'd probably argue that most of them are office workers because that's really the only job where you can carry a bunch of poo poo in your pockets without worrying about anything falling out, getting dirty, or injuring you if you fall on it (one of the reasons you may not want to carry a gun at the back of your hip is so you don't bruise your spine if you fall backwards).

The two most useful items if you want absolutely minimal EDC are probably a Leatherman or similar solid multitool and the best pocket first aid kit you can carry. I've had plenty of days where I've needed a tool in the office for stuff like assembling and disassembling furniture or electronics, and if someone gets seriously injured the best knowledge and equipment you can have is probably for controlling bleeding.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Take a good guess what this jag-off is looking forward to in life:

Pliers but no screwdriver? :raise:

Or is that the weird silver thing on the right where you have to pull it out by the pointy end that you can't get a good purchase on?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Heath posted:

Is that a punch dagger?

Yep.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

It was a (dumb) play on "Molon Labe".

Moron Label

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I do have some serious questions about that spare mag. It looks like it has a clip on it to let it be hooked to your waistband or pocket (clips like these exist for guns to let you "Mexican carry" them without a belt or holster), but I can't see how it would insert all the way into the gun.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Jul 4, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apparently it's a magnetic clip to let you carry a spare mag in your pocket. It just holds the magazine with a magnet, so you pull it off the clip while it stays attached to your pocket. Apparently it's not actually that great because the magnet attracts the clip itself so strongly that the magazine might fall off when you try to attach it your pocket, it's really obvious what you're carrying (which defeats the point of concealed carry), and it only works with magnetic magazines and that gun's factory mags aren't magnetic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bolivar posted:

I'm not American so I don't know poo poo about carrying weapons on a daily basis. Anyhow I was wondering, are you supposed to loosen those screws with a screwdriver whenever you get a sudden need for your gun?

It’s a Kydex holster. Basically plastic formed in the shape of the gun, which bends slightly when you put pressure on it. The gun sits tightly under friction so it won’t fall out even if you hold it upside-down and shake it, but a hard tug will get it out. It’s the step below active retention holsters that require pressing buttons or rotating the gun a certain way to unlock it.

The screws are for adjusting how tightly the holster fits the gun. Some also fit the belt loops with screws so you can replace them (like if your belt is too wide).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ambitious Spider posted:

That's something that gets mentioned in the first Hellboy movie. No idea if true or not

The only real important part as far as I know is not to use a fluid lighter because it can transfer the lighter fluid taste.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've never smoked, so I can't say for sure if it's true or the placebo effect. I hate the smell and taste of cigarette smoke so I avoid it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

This was literally too cool for that drat movie that wasted both MM and Elba. Do an HBO series you loving dorks

The Mummy (the first one with Brendan Fraser) had him do that to unload his Chamelot-Delvignes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I44G_eE1XgY&t=97s

I really like this movie.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There is one where he was still in Vietnam and he drowns a soldier under his command who had raped a Vietcong woman. That’s all I know, but I haven’t read many.

That Chicago cop’s EDC is hiding a couple things, though. The drop gun and baggie of heroin for when he shoots someone unarmed and wants to hedge his bets.

Yeah, that's the comic where it's implied that he made a literal deal with Satan to survive an attack on his firebase. He directly or indirectly kills more than one bad soldier (like intentionally leading a lovely officer where a VC sniper can get him).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/BlutoTweets/sta...D903%23lastpost

It looks like he just strapped all his belts and suspenders from his surplus box onto his torso.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Der Kyhe posted:

Looks like Flectarn pants (German army) with the combat belt to match and two ammo pouches with the another one being off-colored for some reason. They cost next to nothing and are relatively well-built surplus army gear.

(I swear I am not a crazy person, they just market that poo poo up here for the people in the reserve corps, even if our army does not actually use flectarn, or the German infantry spare parts in general. )

Yeah, I'm familiar with all of it. He just put his belt on his chest like a bandoleer for some reason and has a bunch of what look like H-suspender straps all askew on it. It's like he turned 90s German surplus into bondage gear.

Which is probably exactly what Germans would want, anyway.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I had a little trouble figuring it out, but I confirmed that yes, combat beads do absolutely nothing. There's a suggestion that you can put them on a lanyard to make it easier to grab out of your pocket, but it's basically just decoration. Like hanging charms from your phone in 2005.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Some preppers WIP* bug out bag for the apocalypse

*they're buying more machetes

That's...that's two bags. And two rifles.

And a third thing that looks like another bag? And a hydration pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Creamed Cormp posted:

lol why carry tools when you can have your servants do it?

lol that you don’t have enrique carry your edc

• Locked thread