Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I feel like Connor would be signing up to go to space with Blue Origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The Roy's and the Bezos don't get along

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Despera posted:

The Roy's and the Bezos don't get along

Get rid of that drat Alexia. I don't want Bezos listening!

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I just powered through this show in a few weeks and it is hands down one of the most expertly crafted pieces of writing I have ever seen on TV. Absolutely floored.

The best way to sum it up for me would be:

"The fall of a Roman Imperial Dynasty as told through the lens of a modern American media conglomerate."

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

AccountSupervisor posted:

I just powered through this show in a few weeks and it is hands down one of the most expertly crafted pieces of writing I have ever seen on TV. Absolutely floored.

The best way to sum it up for me would be:

"The fall of a Roman Imperial Dynasty as told through the lens of a modern American media conglomerate."

i dunno if i'd give logan roy that much credit...

more like the fall of lehman brothers, if it were a family business.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Stewie is an rear end in a top hat. However, I get the impression he actually cares about Kendall and just wants to see him paid and out of the spotlight forever.

I think he loves rubbing it in Logan's face that it's all about money, not about personally dominating a company/people (which is also horrible but in a different way that doesn't hurt his personal friend as much)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Not sure if you all have seen Zola, but everybody’s favorite cousin plays an incompetent cuckolded boyfriend in it and he’s the best part of the movie.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
just finished watching both seasons with my wife and we both echo the points about it actually being a comedy with dramatic elements than vice versa. it's absolutely loving awesome. if you swapped out the score for the curb theme it'd work just fine.

the editing is perfect, casting is perfect, score and cinematography are on point, the plot doesn't get bogged down. after watching it definitely rocketed to the upper echelon of favorite underloved shows list (Hannibal, Legion).

can't wait for s3.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"Kendall's betrayed me again, gently caress off!!"

*curb theme plays*

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Idk if something that won Best Drama counts as underloved. Definitely underwatched though.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah that's fair. I wasn't even aware of the awards

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Just caught up in time for season 3 to drop. Jeremy Strong is an amazing actor. How can a man pull off the kicked dog look so perfectly? The sibling interaction is fantastic. Tom and Greg are hilarious. Logan is a monster.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rewatching this ahead of season 3 and I love how the wedding actually feels like a real wedding - just scaled up because they're billionaires. Right down to the mid-2000s DJ set that every UK based wedding will have until the end of time.

Idk weddings in media tend to feel very artificial and over the top but Shiv's felt like it could easily be happening somewhere today.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kevqiiYNFrc

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Sorry to resurrect the thread, but a new season is coming and I just binged it all the way through in a week. My girlfriend convinced me to watch this show after I bounced off the pilot and I'm really glad she did.

I never thought watching someone sit in traffic and a board meeting would be so tense and amazing. That no confidence vote was amazing. Totally won me over for the rest of its run. Really liked the first season more than the second, but that ending has me excited for the new season!

Greg and Tom are the best.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do people think I should make a new thread for s3, or should we keep this one? I feel like enough new people have gotten into the show over the past couple years that a season 3 thread could get more traffic so it might be good to start fresh.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Escobarbarian posted:

Do people think I should make a new thread for s3, or should we keep this one? I feel like enough new people have gotten into the show over the past couple years that a season 3 thread could get more traffic so it might be good to start fresh.

I think a season 3 thread might help attract new people/remind people a third season is about to happen.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Escobarbarian posted:

I think it's a great idea. This show was a bit of a sleeper anyway.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
This is the righteous thread.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
succ bois for lyfe

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1448482862148333569?s=20

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gonna make a new thread tomorrow so plz use this thread’s remaining time to post your favourite moments from seasons 1-2

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

L to the O G

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs. You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs. You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs. You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs. You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs. You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs. You can't make a Tomelette without breaking some Gregs.

one of the funniest scenes of the last decade

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Connor Roy was interested in politics from a very young age.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
You back off! This is executive level business.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Henchman of Santa posted:

A Tom sundae with a perfect little Greg cherry on top!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We here for you

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
The episode at the Boston Brahmin estate I think is my favorite, full of excellent character moments. We only see the Pierce family briefly but we understand and detest them pretty much instantly.

edit: boar on the floor, the closest the show has come to horror

indiscriminately fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 14, 2021

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
You Machiavellian motherfucker, Greg.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Have you ever visited the California Pizza Kitchen?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

indiscriminately posted:

The episode at the Boston Brahmin estate I think is my favorite, full of excellent character moments. We only see the Pierce family briefly but we understand and detest them pretty much instantly.

edit: boar on the floor, the closest the show has come to horror

Boar on the floor does such a good job of ratcheting up the tension and then delivering an amazing release.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
"Tom! Sit on the floor! It's fun!"

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
“She even had me swallow my own load!”

Edit: the Pierce family was amazingly and delightfully insufferable in their own unique way. Incredible writing.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Roman's repressed concern at watching a space shuttle violently explode due to his own incompetence.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"Are you asking if you could blackmail me?" - Tom grinning with delight

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Ewwww! He's puking out of his eyes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug