Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have zero doubt that his plan is to throw final 3 HOH if it’s him, Angela and Kaycee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Goodbye Brent

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
JC realizing he may not be the master manipulator he thinks he is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This season was kind of worth it for the look on JC's face during the DE when the consequences of his mistakes all hit him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

This season was kind of worth it for the look on JC's face during the DE when the consequences of his mistakes all hit him.

It’s times like that where I wish we could watch a HG watch the show after it’s finished.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, Tyler, I hope you and Angela live happily ever after in Whoville because you might be doing the only thing in the world that could make Angela win Big Brother. This is some hardcore jury poisoning.

Also

Angela (to their faces): I just don't think I can beat you, I hope you can respect that game logic.
Angela (behind their backs): She called me a bitch and that's why she's up.

I really do sort of hope at this stage that Tyler's last accidental game miracle is making the Grinch the BB20 Winner.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So, do they do the usual, and tell Sam she is safe until the moment she realizes she is going home?

This would be a mistake on Tyler's part, I think, as she will feel completely betrayed by him. On the other hand, this is what he does every vote, so I expect him to do it again.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Angela winning would be entirely appropriate for this season

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Tyler can't beat Kaycee but he also can't be the one to take her out without losing her vote. He has to throw it next week and either let Kaycee get Sam out or hope that Angela wins the final HOH and takes him over her.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hot daddy wizard

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Can’t believe this season forced me to cheer for JC to make the end game interesting.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
As always, once they're down to four people, the veto winner decides who actually goes home.

If Tyler or Angela wins, I assume Kaycee goes home. I don't know what happens if Kaycee wins. If JC wins, it would be some sort of miracle.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I shouldn’t be surprised that Kaycee eliminated Angela because she has shown herself to be a loyal player, but I still kind of am.

E: these threads have slown so much. Shows how little people care. Of the seasons I watched, the only one I gave up on was BB15. Not sure what’s making me stick with this one.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 21, 2018

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It's been a weird season because this was easily the best first-half of a season of any U.S. season I've watched, and probably the worst second-half. People were hard on BB19, especially at the end, but at least Whistlenut, Josh, Paul, Alex, and Kevin could give fun confessionals and provided some entertaining character moments.

I look at a season like this and wonder what people are smoking when they say "twists on these shows may not be fair, but I recognize that they make the season more exciting!!" The Hacker stuff made for a tense high-stakes 2 weeks, but it predictably benefited the majority in exactly the way people predicted the night it was announced. Even though it ultimately only changed the outcome of one week, that was a two-person swing in the alliance numbers on both sides. Not only does that represent a 2-person swing for representation in HoH comps, it means there's less sane minds on the minority side to keep the boat afloat (Rockstar never would have let Fessy nominate Scottie).

When was the last time a big twist to the game mechanics on any of these shows has paid off and lead to a better season in the longterm? The hidden immunity idol on Survivor over 10 years ago?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

E: these threads have slown so much. Shows how little people care. Of the seasons I watched, the only one I gave up on was BB15. Not sure what’s making me stick with this one.
I gave up on BB5 (or whatever the one with the The Four Horsemen, or the one that Jun won if I'm blending seasons together)

This season as far as gameplay has been pure vanilla but that's more because of a cast that couldn't help stepping on their dick and refusing to see the forest from the trees.

This is a season of "what ifs"...

Like "what if" the Swaggy C character didn't bolt out of a cannon from inception?
Or "what if" these dingbats ever compared notes even once?
Then there is "what if" Rockstar kept her loving mouth shut during the OTEV comp?

This season has been one where all of the "twists" fell as flat as a whoopee cushion prank. **Faaaaarrrrrt!*
Even Sam's forced buyback power involved a chick who couldn't find her way out of wet paper bag.
Tyler, held onto a pretty big power he didn't have to use because his adversaries where snipe hunting each other.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any chance that JC makes it to the final two?

His odds of winning the 3 part competition are basically zero, so someone would have to decide to take him. I think Kaycee is too loyal to vote Tyler out, so it would have to be Tyler deciding to go to the end against JC. I think he would choose Kaycee, who will then of course crush him in the final jury vote.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad I remembered that the 2nd to last episode is always a piece of crap clip episode. Otherwise I would have been disappointed in that waste of time.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

I gave up on BB5 (or whatever the one with the The Four Horsemen, or the one that Jun won if I'm blending seasons together)

Jun was BB 4, The X-Factor!!!, and was the only season I gave up on as well, other than this one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha watching them poo poo on Angela is hilarious

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

They are really giving the impression the jury is even keeled

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I’ll be very surprised if Kaycee picks JC, even though I think it guarantees her a win.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Twin Cinema posted:

I’ll be very surprised if Kaycee picks JC, even though I think it guarantees her a win.

Yep

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I actually think she has a good chance vs Tyler and might have lost vs JC
Edit: but she should have kept Angela

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 27, 2018

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Hahah surprised fessy didn’t kill jc

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Why does Tyler think it’s so impressive he never used his power

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kaycee: “level 6 and social game and my social game and let’s go”
She’s fairly useless. Let’s see how much this is like Ross vs Marissa

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013
what the gently caress lmao

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Lollllll

Best moment of the season for all the wrong reasons.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kind of expected that but blah. I know Tyler made mistakes with the jury but it sucks to see a boring follower take it over someone who played.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Kaycee said exactly what she needed to win while Tyler tried way too hard. Story of the season.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Kaycee and Tyler played almost identical games with the exception that Tyler burned half the house with broken deals and blindsides

Kaycee's "treat everyone like a human being" comment nailed that on the head and probably won it for her

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Who said this was the best season ever??

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Cant wait to see Tyler back next season

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Amazing that Tyler said in his jury speech he needed to “make” an enemy in the jury house.

Thank god that didn’t gently caress him over with Bay.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Wow Tyler looks so broken

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

Amazing that Tyler said in his jury speech he needed to “make” an enemy in the jury house.

Thank god that didn’t gently caress him over with Bay.

I’m pretty sure he lost Bayleigh and Scotty during the questions

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/DanGheesling/status/1045145952233967623

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Snowmankilla posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress that means. What type of ridiculousness was that from him?

Kaycee played the more sound game, Tyler played the more active game, but that doesn't mean it was better. Glad she pulled out the victory, after Tyler got bailed out multiple times by factors outside of his game play several times this season, it was nice to see karma finally catch up to him. He's a 100% lock to return at some point.

I have to say I disagree with Dan's tweet. Both Tyler and Paul played lovely social games. There was no reason they had to do most of the horrible social management they did while still playing the masterminds. The narrow final votes show how close they were to get rewarded for their game side, they just needed to better have a handle on the social.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

What a loving shitshow...
I'm glad KC pulled it out over Tyler but this whole season has been pretty empty in drama once we got the past pre-jury bounces.
Rachael wasn't asked a single question but still continued her constant camera eye-loving whenever possible.

The Swaggy/Bayleigh proposal was just :rolleyes: cliche.
Good luck to them but FFS!

Now that Chenbot-Moonves is "on the block" who will host the show?
That's really the question on everyone's mind.

• Locked thread