Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

lmao Rachel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Kinda sucks that Scottie’s bitch move isn’t going to hurt him

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
This makes it interesting. I hope his vote wasn't a sign of which way he's leaning though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, Rachel's massively wrong calculus equation is the most entertaining I've found her all season.

Congrats Scottie. Don't let Tyler get his way.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tyler going to control him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh good, maximum chaos.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Can't wait to learn how much of a threat isolated housewife Angie "Rockstar" is to Scottie's game

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A Typical Goon posted:

Kinda sucks that Scottie’s bitch move isn’t going to hurt him

Clearly the secret to winning HOH this season is backstabbing your friends on the vote and then playing for hoh so no one can call you out on it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, Rachel's massively wrong calculus equation is the most entertaining I've found her all season.

Congrats Scottie. Don't let Tyler get his way.

I was expecting it to be spot on after all the A Beautiful Mind poo poo she was doing. I thought Scottie blew it by not doing the "1 dollar" Price is Right equivalent, but I laughed really hard when they showed her board.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Calling it now, Scottie goes for ‘least blood’ and noms JC and Sam

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
12,500 seconds is 3 1/2 hours

Ace Jameson fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 13, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LesterGroans posted:

I was expecting it to be spot on after all the A Beautiful Mind poo poo she was doing. I thought Scottie blew it by not doing the "1 dollar" Price is Right equivalent, but I laughed really hard when they showed her board.

It was perfect comedy. The excessive amount of time. Constantly counting on her fingers. Julie having to threaten to DQ her. The ridiculously unreadable board. And then she's just nowhere remotely near the number.

She couldn't have been that funny if she tried. And she tries a lot.

A Typical Goon posted:

Its certainly a possibility as is him bowing to Tyler after that vote, but like on paper he still has ever reason in the world to take a shot at the Bros who have been spreading lies about him all week and backstabbed him last week. Like, going after floaters would gently caress him and Swaggy's crew and he SEEMS smart enough to recognize that.

But I'm not making predictions after that vote.

And of course even if he does go after them Sam's power has a high odds of being used. So this week is kind of meh any way it goes. I'm unexcited.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

hehehehe

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

A Typical Goon posted:

Little humour, just what this thread needed. :downsrim:

Kaitlyn was crying as HOH, I'd like to see her reaction to getting nominated.

Rachel would have fit in better and had more fun on Bachelor In Paradise.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't really mind Rachel. Yeah she's a tryhard for the cameras, but she's by far the most palatable of the L6.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I think she's the most charismatic of the four, but that's not really saying much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I really turned soured on her from her reaction to the Crap App. The show didn't give us it, really. Not only was she upset to the point of tears but she spent days obsessed about it and saying that she "expected" to win the Power App and "never thought" she could win the Crap App. It was just so entitled and vain. "I expected to win the Power App" really bugged me.

Especially compared to Fessy who just made fun of himself a little and puked up his ham. And Rachel was saying ""America did a good job, he's a zero."

So I just don't like her. She's better than her compatriots on the surface but I think she's low key the meanest and most self absorbed.

edit: I suppose if I'm fair I can say she's just massively insecure and overcompensates by being mean and a try-hard. I should be sympathetic of that. And she's not often mean TO people. Its more of a passive meanness most of the time. I guess I judge her a little harsher because she's one of the older members of the cast so there's not the same "maybe they'll grow out of it" thing in play.

And because she just mugs for the camera more than Frankie.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 13, 2018

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Rachel's self-absorbed?! There was a HOH who believes the universe is helping her win BB, and there was a HG with his own nickname on all his shirts

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're both incredibly self absorbed as well? Its Big Brother. There's a lot of egos.

I mean, if you mistook my excitement for Kaitlyn winning HOH (because she's completely insane) or my surprise at Scottie voting out Swaggy (I was just surprised) as me saying Kaitlyn and Swaggy are awesome people I'm sorry. They're both completely ridiculous human beings.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The funny thing about the "crap app" is that they get so upset about it and take it personally, but really it just means they haven't been on camera much during the tv show episodes and so the viewers don't care enough about them to vote for them. Do they have any clue that this is the case?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its kind of a mixed thing. They do recognize that possibility but their instincts often go to "most hated."

Fessy mostly joked that he was just "Mr. Irrelevant" but he also occasionally wondered if people hated him. Rachel basically went the other way mostly thinking people hated her but occasionally saying she just wasn't on tv. It was basically "I'm never on tv apparently, and when I am I'm always a bitch!"

Rachel (with Angela) also had an incident where she said something racist/ignorant on the feeds and it trended online and BB had a talk to her about it. So she very clearly in part believed that America was "punishing" her for it.

The thing is that with some people "no one cares about you" might bother them more than "no one likes you."

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am preparing myself to watch the L6 alliance inexplicably continue using floaters to get out their targets for the next few weeks.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Boy, Scottie’s plan got discovered quickly.

“I bet he’s not even a virgin.”

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh my god, funniest moment of the season, beside Rachel’s math, is cutting to the bird after Kaitlin says she swears on her grandparents.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I can't believe it's the battle of the master strategists... Scottie and Tyler...

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Twin Cinema posted:

Oh my god, funniest moment of the season, beside Rachel’s math, is cutting to the bird after Kaitlin says she swears on her grandparents.

That will be hard to beat.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I assume there's a good chance that Sam's power will be used and the evicted houseguest will have a chance to get back in the house.

I'm also assuming they're going to have to win a competition to make it back in, rather than it being automatic. If the houseguests are allowed to choose who the evicted person competes against, this opens up the possibility for Tyler (or whoever) to volunteer and then purposely throw the competition, allowing the evicted houseguest back in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brett is such a douche.

I can't decide if the TV edit of Kaitlyn is over the top, under, or just right.

Rachel. :rolleyes:

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 19, 2018

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Brett totally got the d-bag edit but it didn't delve at all into the parts where Angela and Vegas still pine to have him break a piece in them so they'll have a meat shield.
With Angela thus far being only an entity in the house and Vegas being nothing more than a camera mug this is not at all shocking.

Speaking of which, Vegas is a mugging machine... every single action and reaction she makes is calculated solely for face time and it desperately shows.

This edit between Winston and Brett was an epic showdown to see who comes out the most douchey.
Winston drove strong to the hoop in the first half before Brett took the rock in the second half and said "Hold my beer."
It's really anyone's game to lose.

Kudos to Scottie for not buying the Broshit.

Kaitlyn is insufferable with her chakra aura hippie crystal ghost whispering but at least she's become a character.
A punchline but a character nevertheless.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
Am I too stupid to remember her face or do they literally never show Angela doing/saying anything in the weekly episodes? I remember thinking "who the hell is this?" when I saw her face last week.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Can someone, and by someone I mean STAC, recommend the best seasons across the years? I started watching at BB17. Wanna kill some time with old seasons.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think 6, 7, and 10 are largely regarded as "best" but I recommend just going back to 2 and watching through. 2 is a different game and show but you can really watch it evolve and there's great characters and players that pop up in later seasons or iconic moments that change the game. Like knowing BB now it can be incredible going back and watching players invent "backdooring" or see WHY the POV holder is protected from nomination.

But if you just want a clean good season it's probably 6 or 10 for your best bets. I also think 16 is fun to watch game play but it's polarizing. A lot of other seasons have returning players but those three are "clean".

Or find BB Canada 2, my absolute favorite season.

FeastForCows posted:

Am I too stupid to remember her face or do they literally never show Angela doing/saying anything in the weekly episodes? I remember thinking "who the hell is this?" when I saw her face last week.

I'm still kind of in shock she never won the Crap App.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 19, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress Brett and all that but the vision thing was loving hilarious

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's lots of people who find Brett hilarious and like I just gotta chalk it up to "humor is subjective" because I just roll my eyes at every word he says.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
He's a choad but I had to laugh at him making fun of the vision. Then her DR follow up about the practitioners thinking he's garbage. Amazing.

Editing has been top notch this season I've laughed out loud more during the episodes than I ever remember.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm not saying like I was personally outraged by him. I just don't actually find him funny. But enough people do that I guess its just a question of taste.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 20, 2018

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Can someone, and by someone I mean STAC, recommend the best seasons across the years? I started watching at BB17. Wanna kill some time with old seasons.

In my opinion, you are doing yourself an incredible disservice if you don't watch Dr. Will in his seasons (2 and 7). He is a once in a lifetime player. No one has ever come close to pulling off the game he played (twice!), and I kinda doubt anyone ever could again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think if you really want to dig in you should just go back to 2 and see Dr. Will shape the game. Then watch 3 and watch Danielle Reyes trailblaze and come to understand why we have things like the Golden Power of Veto and a sequestered Jury. Then watch 4 and see some of the first major twists and some more first time game moves. Season 5 and the birth of the backdoor and the twin twist. 6 and the only true "Sides War" in BB history and some of the most iconic players. All Stars and the collection of personalities and players and one of the most bewilderingly brilliant games in history. So on, and so on, and so on. I could probably make an argument to watch every season of BB except maybe 9, maybe 15, and I don't know... 13? I'd still say just watch them for the history of the game.

But I'm a nerd. And if you just want to go back and watch one season on its own 6 and 10 are self contained and great. And 16 is self contained and... historic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like its worth pointing out that Kaitlyn didn't have a vision of the Bros betraying her and go to Scottie to confirm. Bayleigh told her 5 minutes after Scottie told her.

I mean, Kaitlyn probably thinks she had a vision. But Bayleigh totally told her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Season 6 would be hard to recommend just for the fact that the ending is so depressing. But it's required veiwing if you want to watch All Stars...

Season 9 is the only one I didn't watch. Was it actually really bad or did it just suffer from not being on in the summer?

• Locked thread