Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Im shamefully giddy.

"When Big Brother started there were no smart phones. No tablets. No social media. No loving headaches about all the racist and terrible things posted online and times they banged minions."

Edit: Kaysar!

Big Brother 30: Golly, I sound like a douche.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its right on pace because from first impressions I hate almost everyone besides like 3 or 4 of them. I think yoga girl is "on" though. And hopefully the nerd gets deflowered by the Vegas girl by feeds come on and calms down.

"Boy, you really surprised me, professional tv camera crew recording me working out alone while miced up."

Also "when I came up with Swaggy C" is second only in hilarity to "when I came up with Beast Mode Cowboy."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He has personalized "Swaggy C" clothing. I don't even know how process that.

Actually it may be one of my best first impressions. I have no real dislike for football lady, beach sports lady, farmer girl (although I have PTSD for pretty Texan girl), welding lady, and probably the surfer and surprisingly JC. That's real good because I usually hate everyone from the intros.

The Bro dude is literally "Mr. Pectacular" Jesse's wrestling character. Its absurd.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah, when I say I hate everyone on first impressions it's always because they're all "on" and the show is doing those terrible intros and typecasting them as one dimensional stereotypes. It always balances out as the season goes on.

It's why I think the yoga lady isn't as bad as she seems. They're just playing it up hardcore with the sound effects and filters and stuff so it seems like a ton. I'll wait to see her without all that stuff to decide if she's annoying or not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Angela: I think the only way to keep our hands clean is just to stick with our original eight and not pick favorites.
Swaggy: What?! You're not gonna keep me safe?! Well I'm not gonna keep you safe! How you like that!

That's what she said, Swaggy.

E: God, Swaggy is the worst.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 28, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like this entire computer theme is something they thought of 10 years ago, made all the props for, changed their mind at the last second, and then dug it out of cobwebs and said "uhhh... smart phones!"

I can't even remember the last time I saw a pinwheel of death. And I'm a Mac user.

edit: Oh my God, I'm so sorry! SamBot is amazing. I take it all back.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 28, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, Yoga Girl might be bad afterall. She went to outraged arbitrar of game moves real quick. Although its entirely possible Swaggy played that horribly if it was public knowledge that he had promised both Angela and Bayleigh safety and then gave neither of their groups it than maybe he really did poison the house against him. Who knows? Don't go promising people poo poo, Swaggy. Its Day 1.

Also I'm convinced BB casted someone named Bayleigh and someone named Haleigh just to gently caress with people.

Mahoning posted:

SamBot reminds me of Screech’s robot Kevin from Saved by the Bell.

SamBot is the most amazing thing since Christmas' scooter but really, this episode has me thinking no one at Big Brother has used a computer or seen technology since Y2K.

In fact I bet there will be a Y2K theme at some point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume she's in the DR with a joystick and a monitor and she'll go "offline" when they need to get other people in there. But I'm just making an assumption.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know really know the physics are on it but it seems like he'd destroy the Wall as long as they could make it fit, considering they always seem to favor people with low centers of gravity and good core strength. Like everyone else should just jump off and save themselves the back aches.

I expected him to annoy me from his intro and the pre-show hype but he really didn't at all. One of the few.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 28, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Previously on Big Brother... Julie Chen forgot to download the updates for like 10 years.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OMG I :love: SamBot so much. :neckbeard:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well that's definitely not an alliance I would have guessed at from first impressions.

But its like Day 3 so I look forward to it falling apart when Swaggy sees something shiny.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seriously, this robot thing makes up for like 10 really bad Big Brother ideas. Because OF COURSE the HOH decides to nominate the robot and then has to have a teary emotional conversation with a robot in a closet.

If she doesn't win the first prize I just don't know what BB fans are thinking.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

THE SAMBOT NOMINATION PHOTO!

Tyler did the right thing, as sad as I am to see SamBot go up. Stay neutral, you've got that Bayleigh option in your pocket if the week plays out to make that a move you want to make. There's no need to make that decision this early, especially before POV. Cocky dumbasses like Swaggy and Cody do that and they never last. Generally the key to the first HOH is to use it to build numbers and cut deals and then get out of there with no one mad at you.

SamBot gotta get the app.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess my expectation was that they'd follow suit with the last few seasons and form a big mega "group" that would include some of Haleigh, Bayleigh, Faysal, and maybe Swaggy. And probably JC. At least Hayleigh and Bayleigh seemed like candidates. But Winston seemed interested in dropping the "A" word already and going tighter. Most players are hesitant to that this early because there's tons of potential for blowup.

But yeah, I agree that Swaggy seems like he could annoy the cool kids and be the object of ridicule before being one of them. Or maybe there are no cool/mean kids yet. I mean, sure, all the pretty white people teaming up in HOH in Week 1 and picking which weirdos, old people, and poc to put up never looks good but we're making assumptions at this stage.

So like, we might be reading too much into it. Tyler clued into the fact that Winston's group were a bunch of the potential nominees. Its possible that's all it is. Winston trying to protect his vulnerable friends. Swaggy, Hayleigh, and Co doing their own thing because they're safe this week. Sam and Steve out on the ledge because one's a robot and one's an old dad. Who knows?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well how else are they going to steal all your info and sell it to foreign governments!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding... kinda...

I'm actually glad to see that they have different categories for like "your favorite" and who you hate. Because the "Trending" thing made it seem to me like someone could just be horrible and then next thing you know Aaryn gets a Diamond POV because she's the most trending person. I didn't trust BB/CBS to not see the flaw in that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I ain't gonna lie... It got real dusty in my room when Sam won that app.

And dear Lord Swaggy is a ridiculous person.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fessy's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

When you think about it "least trending" isn't like "most hated" or anything. It just means Fessy didn't make an impression on people in the first few episodes, especially since those first votes were pre-feeds and entirely on the premiere episodes. And I honestly can't think of a thing he did in those episodes besides befriending Swaggy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think that was a "battle back" thing. I don't think that makes sense at all. I know fans are focusing on the word "CHANCE" and interpreting it as her having to compete to get back in the house, but that just feels like overthinking.

The App was "Bonus Life". A Bonus Life in a video game is exactly that. The wording besides "CHANCE" was just that Sam gets evicted, pulls it out, and stays in the house. Its essentially a Cancelled Eviction or a "Return Ticket".

At least that's how I read it and what I'm assuming until the show says otherwise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I understand that interpretation. I just don't really buy into it with the available evidence.

We'll find out on Thursday, I guess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If i wasnt watching feeds I'd really be doubting that was real. But I totally believe in Swaggy C and I imagine he stood in that room pouting, posing, and scolding America for as long as he was allowed to.

I hope he just gets angrier with each week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think it made sense in that Sam needs some allies, especially with the robot punishment making her a non-entity in the house. Whether or not Tyler is the right one I don't know but there's not a lot of people banging down her door. And Tyler sounds like he wants her around.

BB and Survivor are very different games and I really don't think a HII is really a fair comp. I don't know, there's just a lot of differences I can see.

There was a lot of stuff that could have been in that episode that wasn't. Nothing massively crucial I can think of, but a lot of things that come to mind that just didn't make a packed episode with an intense POV comp.

Mind you very little of that involved Level 6. The only things i can think of them doing that were missing were them pissing off people during the comp laughing at players and the Bros acting tough that the comp was a piece of cake and everyone were wusses.

edit: The POV was awesome, by the way.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 5, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Previously on Big Brother... Level 6 was nowhere to be found because they were busy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest, after a week of feeds I just find it kind of strange when Sam's voice comes out of a human being.

Robnoxious posted:

Is Steve the lone smoker of the habitat?

Sam. I think that's it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The body language difference between Steve and Sam borders on spoilers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no idea who I want to get the app.

Do I... do I want Swaggy?

What the hell...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, if I had to pick a relatively neutral party with enough brains and lack of allegiance to do something fun with it I guess I'd pick Haleigh? But she ain't getting it.

I guess Tyler is the most likely option but that just gives his crew WAY too much power. Maybe he pockets it and uses it to make a big move against Level 6?

I don't see a good ending for this app. Hopefully someone just picks something lame.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve: The Worst Undercover Cop Of All Time... Except No One Was Paying Attention To Him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really hope Brett's the second one out. I kind of can't get myself to a place where I can understand why anyone would be rooting for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Bros suck!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OMG! KAITLYN HOH?!?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AND SHE DIDN'T WANT IT!

Unfortunately I'm betting Tyler controls her and pushes her to do L6's dirty work. But at least she'll have Fessy and Haleigh in her ear and will probably listen to them a bit.

We're gonna get Sam/Scottie noms or something stupid.

Twin Cinema posted:

The Bros are annoying, although there’s something about Winston I like.

He's completely and totally insane and we're all waiting to see him explode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now that I'm processing it I'm cynical and I fear this may be the worst case scenario. Tyler can manipulate her into doing L6's dirty work and The Four get to spend the week smug and obnoxious and clear of any of the blame for the week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I do not like Rachel.

I kinda like Scottie.

Twin Cinema posted:

Kaitlin putting up Swaggy would be funny. There must be something else going on that I haven’t seen. Not sure why she’d throw away her alliance, as tenuous as that is, for just her and Tyler.
There really isn't. Swaggy was sketched out by her last week when all the Haleigh/Fessy drama was happening, they had a small conflict, and he was talking to their alliance that they have to worry about her with that, but it didn't go beyond that day or so. Tyler just used that kernel of truth and expanded it into "Swaggy is trashing you all the time and your entire alliance doesn't trust you!" He's been whispering it in Kaitlyn's ear while giving her dreamy eyes and she's been misted. Its that straightforward.

Tyler is SCARY powerful right now with the Cloud and Sam's Bonus Life. That's a lot of power for BB. He's basically got an Immunity Idol with the Cloud. All he has to do is be able to read when he needs it.

edit: Also Winston's getting a really cozy edit. If BB doesn't do a paranoia segment on Wednesday they're leaving amazing material on the floor to protect him.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 9, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He strikes me as a pretty ok dude. He's not super compelling or anything but I like the guy.

I don't really dislike Haleigh, Kaycee, or Scottie either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I know they had a story to tell that filled the episode (and a drat good story at that) but its a genuine tragedy that they're not showing ANYTHING about Winston's true character. Like, the TV audience deserves to witness the Whisper Corner.

That quick shot of all of Kaitlyn's shell shocked allies just frozen on the couch alone after the POV meeting feels iconic to me. Kaitlyn certainly did make a massive move that will be remembered, but I don't think she's playing the role in it that she thinks she is.

Its a shame Fessy won that random Crap App the first week because he was incredibly sympathetic in that episode and would seem like a popularity contest contender. Its also kind of dumb that the Crap App disqualifies you from winning the Power App, but whatcha gonna do?

And I see Cody is as charismatic as ever. At least their presence was short.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guy, guys, guys. Don't you know how hard it was for me to do this thing I did that I had no choice in doing that I'm so empowered by choosing to do?

PITY ME! PITY ME! THE VICTIM IN THIS THING I DID WITH ALL THE POWER!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate Brett.

Max posted:

I liked Swaggy’s speech.

I'm pretty sure I'd like Swaggy if he could just take it down to an 8 or 9.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Scottie! Traitor!

That's gonna screw Haleigh hard.

Julie: Angela's laying low...
Crowd: lol

Ugh, Rachel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had him at like 80/20 so I'm not super shocked. But I had Haleigh 80/20 the other way so I was 0-2.

It's just cold doing it while wearing the shirt.

• Locked thread