Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

STAC Goat posted:

Well that's definitely not an alliance I would have guessed at from first impressions.

But its like Day 3 so I look forward to it falling apart when Swaggy sees something shiny.

Swaggy is the only odd one there, and even then I figured he would wind up outside the "cool-kid" alliance and settle for whatever else he could get - props to him not waiting until he is dead in the water to connect with others. So far the two alliances have broken out largely in line with how they usually do. The cool kids will likely turn into the mean kids by the second eviction, and Tyler leaves them shortly after because he will be closer to people on the other side of the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
This year's cast are entertaining, but incredibly unlikeable. Tyler is the only one I don't hate.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Tyler expended far too much capital to get Swaggy out. If he could have achieved it with a gentle nudge, great - but the he exposed his game getting out a big target that wasn't coming after him. With Swaggy gone, the bonds holding his alliance together also weaken as Fessy is the only other person worth uniting against - and is likely gone next week, which would be followed by a redrawing of alliances, and everyone other than Sam and Kaitlyn seeing him as the biggest threat.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I'm not really surprised by Sam's speech. There was an underlying nastiness that came through in her interactions with people back in week one when she was a robot, and it's why Tyler was the only houseguest I found to be likable when everyone was fawning over Sam's sad/sweet schtick.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think Sam's sweetness is an act. I just think she's a human being with a complicated personality. She is sweet AND she is nasty.

I was wrong to imply she is faking. I feel it's more the common mistake among southerners mistaking being polite and being genuinely kind and good-hearted.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
What kind of life-coach is Kaitlyn? That puzzle attempt will not be good for business.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
If Bayleigh wasn't such a dud, she would figure that having her power be known by everybody and being blindsided on the eviction would leave her no choice but to put up Brett and someone from the other side next to him. But I agree that she will probably waste it on getting out Scottie, or get evicted without using the power at all.

Brett really screwed the pooch with his speech. They could have targeted Bayleigh, with her feeling completely safe and wanting to sit on her power, but now she would have to be a complete idiot not to use it.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Bay hosed herself outing it because now even if she uses it offensively and puts up Brett/Tyler she's got at least 3 people playing to win POV and backdoor her. It still might be worth doing if she was committed to her side and maybe putting up the two weakest players on that side to try and avoid POV getting played. But Bay ain't committed.

Angela's gonna say "Rachel told me about your power, I don't want you to change my noms, so lets see who we can agree needs to go?" That will be Scottie and I imagine Rockstar. Then if the POV comes into play Angela probably backdoors Fessy.

Any other scenario would shock the hell out of me.

She would be the single biggest idiot on Big Brother if she thinks the other side of the house will let her keep her "hijack" powers for next week. She is probably going up as the replacement nominee either way. Using the power and hoping the veto goes to someone who won't use it is the only way she lasts the week.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I too fully expect Fessy to go home. L4 will win the hacker competition, replace one of Haleigh's nominees with Fessy, and then cancel out Rockstar's vote to send him home 5-1 or 6-0. On the bright side, after Fessy goes, things will probably get interesting as there is no real opposition anymore. JC should start worrying as he becomes quite a target next week, and if L4 win the hacker comp, he is powerless to keep the numbers even and let the two sides stay focused on each other.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

I sorta think Sam is going to beat Tyler in F2 because of a bitter jury.

That’s when I stop watching the show

I think Sam gets to the final 3, but with it likely being her and 2 members of Level 4, they won't take her to F2 because no one is going to beat sweet, friendly Sam, who didn't get on the bad side of any juror other than Haleigh. The rest of the season seems pretty straight forward. Haleigh goes next week, Fessy after, then JC, and finally L4 face-off, with Sam dragged along to F3 because she won't win a non-random competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
This jury battle back is really going to deflate this season even more than FOUTE's stupidity already has. The only thing left to see this season is Tyler's alliance and JC turn on each other, but we are going to waste another week taking the numbers in the house from 6-1 to 6-2, and back to 6-1.

• Locked thread