Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"Swaggy C" is a ridiculous name, and I'm annoyed at having to hear everyone on the show say it all the time.

I can console myself with the fact that this moron is not going to last long in the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The funny thing about the "crap app" is that they get so upset about it and take it personally, but really it just means they haven't been on camera much during the tv show episodes and so the viewers don't care enough about them to vote for them. Do they have any clue that this is the case?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I assume there's a good chance that Sam's power will be used and the evicted houseguest will have a chance to get back in the house.

I'm also assuming they're going to have to win a competition to make it back in, rather than it being automatic. If the houseguests are allowed to choose who the evicted person competes against, this opens up the possibility for Tyler (or whoever) to volunteer and then purposely throw the competition, allowing the evicted houseguest back in.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So why didn't Sam use her power to try to save Winston?

Now it's just going to go to a random person next week.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Sam didn't really like Winston. Like she's sweet and "likes" everyone but she also on multiple occasions described Winston as a "predator" and doesn't like people who are nasty to others.

Tyler and Kaycee also didn't really want her to use it because they rather have it as a safety net for this week. So no one was pushing for her to use it.

How is it a safety net?

Doesn't it just mean that the HOH is going to be pointless for the week, as whoever gets voted out probably won't go home?

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah it was a safety net in case they end up on the block this week. It has the drawback if one of theirs wins HOH and their target doesn't go home but there was no guarantee of that so they rather cover for themselves than bail out Winston.

How is that a safety net?

Big Brother is a competition. If no one goes home for a week, it just means the game is on hold for a week and no one is really playing. Putting the game on hold is not a safety net, unless your goal is to hang out in the house instead of to win.

It would be like introducing another inning into a baseball game between the 3rd and 4th innings, inning number 3.5, in which no runs counted. So they'd be pitching and batting and running around the bases but it wouldn't affect the score. Would this be a "safety net" for either team, or just a waste of everyone's time? It only counts as a safety net if it keeps you safe but not your opponents.

Orange Sunshine fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 20, 2018

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

It's a "safety net" in the event that if Tyler gets nominated, loses POV, and gets evicted. It will "catch" him and give him a second chance.

Yes, it's also a safety net for everyone else who gets evicted this week. And that might hurt Tyler and L6. But they all preferred that option than to "waste" it on Winston.

Yeah, you want to win the game but you also need to survive each week. I don't get the confusion.

I don't get the confusion either. It seems entirely obvious to me that "nobody goes home next week" does no good for anyone, because the point of the game is to evict all the other players and be left at the end. If you don't evict anyone in a particular week, then you accomplished nothing. Tyler (who I assume could have talked Sam into using the power) lost a member of his alliance so that nothing at all will happen next week. This was a failure in strategy, unless for some reason he thought his alliance was better losing Winston.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think the issue was that JC said it. Bay was pretty calm in the immediate aftermath of it. The issue is that he kept defending his use of it and accused Bay of being over sensitive. And eventually Bay just became overwhelmed by it. The whole thing went on for like an hour in real time. And everyone else in the house just kept saying "Why doesn't he just apologize?"

JC isn't a racist, he's just an obnoxious stubborn rear end in a top hat with some cultural holes.

In today's system of political correctness, it's important to find one's proper place in the hierarchy of victimhood. The bigger the victim you are, the more important you are and the more everyone must listen to everything you say and respect you. Bayleigh was naturally offended, as JC's use of the N word meant that he was disrespecting her place near the top of the hierarchy. JC, on the other hand, fought to demonstrate that his level of victimhood was equal to or greater than hers, allowing him to use any word he wanted.

CBS, of course, devoted a large amount of screen time to all of this, because victimhood is serious business, the importance of which cannot be overestimated.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone getting screen time seems to be competing to see who can play the game the worst.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why did Bayleigh have all that blood in her mouth when she was throwing her screaming fit? I wasn't sure if she bit the inside of her mouth or burst a blood vessel, but I found it to be disturbing.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
By the way, "Rockstar" is a ridiculous name to call yourself, almost as bad as "Swaggy C". She's a rock star in much the same way that a clump of dirt is a diamond.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Twin Cinema posted:

She dyes her hair. That's pretty rockin'.

So far, this season has been pretty entertaining in the sense that I am rooting for no one, and I love everyone continually making terrible move after terrible move. In a typical season, the Level 6 Alliance would be the villains, but they aren't really winning anything, and they aren't doing anything particularly bad. Sure, Angela is, uh, something else, but the other 3 seem alright. In a typical season, the other side would be the heroes, but they can't really seem to align properly, and when they do, they make terrible moves. This season deserves a Rockstar or Sam win.

I'm rooting for Tyler, who seems to be the only person who has any idea what he's doing. I assume the live feed watchers hate him, because they always hate everyone.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Out of curiosity, is Kaycee gay? Her body language says lesbian to me.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's hilarious that Level 6 can't win HOH competitions, but still manage to control the game anyway. Poor dumb Fessy was not meant for this game.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TyrantWD posted:

This jury battle back is really going to deflate this season even more than FOUTE's stupidity already has. The only thing left to see this season is Tyler's alliance and JC turn on each other, but we are going to waste another week taking the numbers in the house from 6-1 to 6-2, and back to 6-1.

Yep. Watching Fessy or Scotty come back, be on the bottom of the house, and then get voted out again will not be compelling tv.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

Scottie getting back in = :dance:

Scottie saying he'll team up with Tyler = :ughh:

That is actually Scottie's only chance, although I doubt it will work. I expect that Tyler is going to want to go to the end with people who are bad at challenges.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

mancalamania posted:

I sure wish the Hacker twist had never happened or Haleigh was correctly awarded HoH this week or Kaitlyn had solved that puzzle or Haleigh didn't drink wine that night or Rockstar didn't tell Tyler the Otev answer or... :(

Why?

The alliance who lost deserved to lose, they were all terribly stupid and terrible at the game. Swaggy C was a complete idiot, Rockstar was a complete idiot and useless at the game. Fessy was probably the dumbest person ever to be on Big Brother. Scotty was terrible at the game, Bayleigh was not good. With such a cluster of low intelligence all in one spot, it was inevitable they would lose, and that's what happened. Every week these dummies had no idea who was going home and were startled by the results of the vote.

Level 6 players are not great geniuses, but compared to the other side they were.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A Typical Goon posted:

Level 6 is boring as poo poo and with the exception of Tyler every bit as stupid as the Hive

edit: now that I think about it Tyler is dumb af too seeing as his jury management has left him with a 0% chance of winning the game

That doesn't mean he's dumb, it means he's making the classic mistake so many otherwise good players make, which is putting everything into getting to the end and not planning for what will happen when the jury is bitter and angry at him. I'm not even sure it's a bad strategy, since second place makes you $50,000.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That hour of tv had 20 minutes of worthless filler. Luckily I could just fast forward through it all.

The only entertaining part was Sam's wacky speech at the end. Being in the house is causing her to become unhinged.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If Sam ever seriously thinks she's going home, she's going to lose it.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So does Tyler really plan on going to the end against Kaycee?

If he does, she will crush him in the final jury votes. It will be an extremely bitter jury, they'll all be angry at Tyler and no one will be angry at Kaycee, plus she is kicking rear end at the competitions. She is the last person he should try to go to the end against.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So, do they do the usual, and tell Sam she is safe until the moment she realizes she is going home?

This would be a mistake on Tyler's part, I think, as she will feel completely betrayed by him. On the other hand, this is what he does every vote, so I expect him to do it again.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
As always, once they're down to four people, the veto winner decides who actually goes home.

If Tyler or Angela wins, I assume Kaycee goes home. I don't know what happens if Kaycee wins. If JC wins, it would be some sort of miracle.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any chance that JC makes it to the final two?

His odds of winning the 3 part competition are basically zero, so someone would have to decide to take him. I think Kaycee is too loyal to vote Tyler out, so it would have to be Tyler deciding to go to the end against JC. I think he would choose Kaycee, who will then of course crush him in the final jury vote.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad I remembered that the 2nd to last episode is always a piece of crap clip episode. Otherwise I would have been disappointed in that waste of time.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

Now that Chenbot-Moonves is "on the block" who will host the show?
That's really the question on everyone's mind.

What does this mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Victorkm posted:

I was really disappointed that Tyler didn't burn Kacey when he had the chance. He should have booted her right out the door instead of Brett at the DE.

I don't think Tyler realized that Kacey was his biggest threat.

• Locked thread