Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I send a party of only swords for the off season cattle raids. Otherwise the bows have a chance of throwing a giant fit and decreasing clan mood. Despite the name Swords do carry bows and can use the skirmish combat option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I've been sacrificing cattle and trying to keep a hold of goods. This is sending me into a hunger spiral if I don't fix this. Time to Raid.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

My heroic combat flame kid is in his 30s now and by my reckoning has taken the heads of about 17 chieftains/war band leaders.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ok I beat this game. Epic poo poo.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Pewdiepie posted:

End stuff
What did you choose as your lasting legacy? It was a hard choice, but my heroes will be remembered for uniting different kind of people

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

adhuin posted:

End stuff
What did you choose as your lasting legacy? It was a hard choice, but my heroes will be remembered for uniting different kind of people

I think that’s what I chose too. Excited for what the next age will be like.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pewdiepie posted:

Hell yeah congrats. Think you're the first Imp to do so . Lore-wise the next age has some extremely crazy poo poo happening that will definitely affect game mechanics (like the sun being frozen in the sky and stopping the passage of time, and death itself being briefly eliminated from the world so nobody can die) -- I cant wait either

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think this might be my winning run but I still haven't had (big mid game event) the meteor happen yet so I'm not sure.It hosed me up BAD last time. Also general protip: if a weak but wealthy clan offers you an alliance with the stipulation that you raid one of their enemies and get a donation or 10 cows every rime you successfully do so, try to fulfill that at all costs. That's a HUGE benefit if you're already planning to raid anyway and will mak you rich real quick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I won. Thank you based Beren and Pyromancer Kids, eat poo poo Ramkillers.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

attn: the person who reported this post: gently caress off

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
post the report

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

attn: the person who reported this post: gently caress off

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bad King Urgrain reported perfectly good posts.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
while i don't have something on ios i decided to play kodp seriously for the first time. a few death spirals but i've managed to get things in a reasonoable state. playing a moo moo clan and relying on trading away the bulk food i have; sadly a drought came along and wiped out 300 cattle so there goes my advantage there l o l

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I started KoDP and things are good for now. My scouts found an ancient dragon temple so I told a clan I owed a favor to about it and all their warriors got owned

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Bad King Urgrain reported perfectly good posts.

lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
been replaying kodp and the game really does own, cant wait to play six ages

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Kodp: lol at the best dude on my clan ring murdering a guy because he thought we as a peace clan raided too little (once every 1.5 years I guess). Thanks arsehole, I was already close to a death spiral and you probably tipped me over. He's not even a Humakt or Urox adherent so there's no 'I have magical brain damage that makes me a sociopath who gets off on murder' or 'I'm magically predisposed to be the worst stereotype of a frat dude' excuse.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

did he murder another ring member? if not just demand the appropriate number of cows (20-40?) and move on because thems the breaks. If he murdered a ring member kick his rear end off tho IMO

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

but for real as long as he announced his intent and then claimed responsibility afterwards he was acting fully within the bounds of orlanthi law. it's not kinslaying if you own up to it! he does owe you cows though

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
just wanted to thank the local loremasters for clearing up this quandry ty

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
six ages is cool and i still havent beaten it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

swimsuit posted:

six ages is cool and i still havent beaten it

I did and while the ending sequence is kind of linear there's an insane amount of content I haven't seen, apparently. Especially tied to exploring -- you can easily win the game without ever encountering dwarves or chaos or whatever and I've found some really cool events now that I'm focusing on exploring more of the map. I plan on having a few different endgame files ready to go to import into the next episode because even tho there seems to be only one win-con there are a lot of different ways your clan can be regarded once you get there

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

goferchan posted:

but for real as long as he announced his intent and then claimed responsibility afterwards he was acting fully within the bounds of orlanthi law. it's not kinslaying if you own up to it! he does owe you cows though

it was a bit unclear as to whether he'd announced it. i paid wergild but my herds are at 500 after a bad drought i had to sacrifice a lot of cows and goods to get out of so this guy remains a oval office

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
anybody playing six ages on a phone? dont have a tablet but do have an iphone and want to play this asap but am worried all the words will be squished and itll be impossible to play.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
It’s playable. The UI collapses to not clutter the screen. It’s better on an iPad but it’s definitely ok on a phone.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

anybody playing six ages on a phone? dont have a tablet but do have an iphone and want to play this asap but am worried all the words will be squished and itll be impossible to play.

Totally fine on a phone, the UI changes. The nice perk to playing on an ipad is having your advisors and some other info onscreen at all times, on phones you have to tap them to collapse/expand, but yeah everything is very legible

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This game is awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol that's a great event. . Always sue the ghost

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Except sometimes the ghost is all "I was paid to haunt you all proper and legal like thank you"

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i managed to form a tribe and i was in a great position, by a relatively early year, and then the dragons came out of nowhere to kill me after interacting with them twice. gently caress

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Neurosis posted:

i managed to form a tribe and i was in a great position, by a relatively early year, and then the dragons came out of nowhere to kill me after interacting with them twice. gently caress

KoDP is pretty brutal about the "other races". I think if you're in a really really good position combat wise with a lot of allies it's not necessarily a game over when they come to gently caress you up but it's still really bad and never ever worth it. You really gotta keep in mind that the Orlanthi are very small players in a very big game that's spanned for thousands and thousands of years and your existence is just a blip on the timeline of elves or dragons or beast people or whatever. There are some positive interactions to be had with all of them but your better safe than sorry option is to stay as far off their radar as possible

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i tried to gift the dragons that came along but they got pissed off because they were trying to separate themselves from the outside world and wanted no obligations. which was kind of implicit in the first thing they said, but i just applied my standard 'well i've got a shitload of wealth' response.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
hero quests are fuuuucking hard. i feel if you get some good rng on the first few you do you're very likely to snowball into easily winning but it's also quite possible to get stuck with nobles who can never put together the stats to win the game.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This is the real loreheads game. How many people beat Morrowind without knowing about CHIM or The Tower? Meanwhile you literally cannot beat this game if you don't know what The Doubting Wheel is.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
i was playing once had just formed a tribe and was basically top dog and then the beastfolk came and destroyed me. i had never attacked the ducks, or pissed off the beastmen before and had even sent an emissary to the ducks literally the turn before

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

apropos to nothing posted:

i was playing once had just formed a tribe and was basically top dog and then the beastfolk came and destroyed me. i had never attacked the ducks, or pissed off the beastmen before and had even sent an emissary to the ducks literally the turn before

it can get kind of weird, i don't personally understand all the math behind it but i've read that if you piss them off *enough* in one or two turns you can skip the warning and go right to the getting killed part. Extracting tribute from the nearby ducks (one of the options when you first find them) counts as pissing them off, i'm not sure how much or if it increases over time, but it's easy to forget it's even there because you only get the tribute notification the first time it fires. If you did that and then explored in beast man territory, even if you didn't run into them, maybe you crossed that threshold. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I tried a hero quest for the first time and got hosed up pretty bad. It's insane just how much stuff is in this game though.

• Locked thread