Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I'm butthurt that I can't play Six Ages because it's iOS only, and will have to wait a year for a bad PC port of a bad Android port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

goferchan posted:

In response to both of y'all, Six Ages definitely maintains the challenge and mystery of King of Dragon Pass but it's also a lot more user-friendly (and yes, the manual is extremely helpful). It's also chronologically set much earlier than KoDP so I think it's a great game to start with -- you'll miss out on a few fun nods to KoDP if you haven't played it (like running into the ancestors of the tribe you played in that game and perceiving them as uncivilized barbarian retards) but it's a lot more polished if only because it's a game that came out in 2018 instead of 1999.

edit: also it was all written and programmed by basically one guy and has more text in it than the combined Lord of the Rings trilogy lol. And he looks like this so you know he's a powerful Loremaster

David Dunham is cool but Robin D. Laws also did a lot of writing for both games.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

goferchan posted:

Hell yeah . post your clan generation picks.... so far in my experience, even though every choice has mechanical impact, ancestral enemy has the biggest story impact. I reckon the main god you choose to bring with you at the beginning is also really significant though (although that might basically be this games version of picking a war/peace clan? Can't tell)

Also someone who worked on the game posted in the Games thread about how the other planned "episodes" will potentially be structured and it's really cool. the idea is you'll control the Hyalorings again but many, many generations (like way far off) later, and instead of choosing your myths and the actions of your ancestors when you start a new game, you'll be able to import a save file from THIS game, and your choices and actions now will affect the mythology of your clan in the next age

Sounds epic

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

goferchan posted:

I know in KoDP if the Ice Demons are your ancestral enemy it fires up the clan and makes them better raiders in Storm/Dark but I've had limited success otherwise. also to 6A players is there a best season to do otherside rituals in? Could it depend on the god? I always assumed Storm was best in KODP because, Orlanth, but maybe it's Fire in Six Ages? Maybe it doesn't matter at all and I'm projecting my own superstition?

in kodp the best season depends on the god, i believe

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

net cafe scandal posted:

I don’t know if I can get into this game cause everything and everyone has a stupid rear end name. I got a little nervous when they said I had to worship someone called Orlanth but all my advisors are named like, Gorunt Lorgogfl.

The names are chill. At least in kodp.

• Locked thread