Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
For as much as the show is ostensibly a comedy (and Bash gets some of the best comic moments) his character and his arc at least through episode 7 is heartbreaking and even though he's a trust fund kid I feel a tremendous amount of empathy for him. Honestly the only characters that haven't been given much depth are the Toxic duo and uh, Phil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Straight White Shark posted:

To be honest I hope they never really get around to fleshing them out, because that would be less time spent with better characters. It's OK to have some filler in an ensemble cast.

Oh yeah, it's not that bad and I don't think I need them to have a tragic backstory or anything. I just find that it sticks out more than it would on most shows because nearly every other minor character is more fleshed out and three dimensional, and if it were a network comedy the only well developed characters would be Ruth, Debbie, and maybe Sam.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Finished the last three episodes and this might be my favorite show in recent memory. I've never cared so much about every single character in an ensemble like that before, everyone just knocked it out of the park. Even the characters that are supposed to be found kind of annoying are endearing through sheer charisma. It's so loving well done it's unreal and I hope seasons 3 and 4 are already on order.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Hey ya'll, if Netflix's algorithms haven't already given you the GLOW documentary after watching this show, go ahead and give it a watch. Just be sure to have some tissues on hand in case you get any dust in your eyes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

esperterra posted:

All three tbh

Obviously they're Kirk/Spock/McCoy.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

KPC_Mammon posted:

After watching the documentary on GLOW I'm convinced that my best friend in the 2nd grade was a huge fan. He was kinda insufferable about it now that I'm thinking of it.

I initially resisted watching GLOW because I don't care for the 80s or wrestling but this show is awesome.

If the series finale for this show isn't a recreation of the present day reunion in the documentary then someone done hosed up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I've always vaguely disliked wrestling because I wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid and I sour grapes'd the hell out of it ("ugh it's so dumb and fake anyway :rolleyes: "), but it's definitely going into my top ten all time greats. It's a loving incredible show.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Propaganda Machine posted:

I saw the doc and it was fantastic. I was way too young to catch the ladies on the television though. Also almost certainly in the wrong media market.

Yeah I brought it up a few pages ago but if they don't end the series with some version of that reunion they dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'd really like to see if her knee surgery turned out good and made her able to walk again. Hell of a way to end the documentary.

e: Oh gently caress me she died this year, in January. :smith:

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 25, 2018

• Locked thread