Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I still love everything the Biddies/Toxic Twins do, though. "Wanna race, huh?" Also them air guitaring "Here Comes The Bride" as they go down the aisle.

This season was fantastic. Episode 8 was a work of art and even outside of that, everyone's doing great jobs. Alison Brie is just amazing, Betty Gilpin manages some pretty big character shifts and does hilarious work as Belle, and Kia Stevens- did she do ANY acting before this? Because I don't think most people would even guess that she's the former pro wrestler in the cast. She was good last year but now she's like a veteran.

One little thing I like is that they've nudged the show-within-a-show closer to what G.L.O.W. was really like- the goofy video segments with canned laughter, the matches all doing some sort of gimmick to cover up their lack of training, Bash's narration is kinda like the voiceover stuff in the segments I've seen, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
What I like is Rhonda is not a particularly good singer. Just like how they cast Kia Stevens as someone new to wrestling, whose in-ring character avoids fighting whenever she can.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Pro wrestling is acting.

Yeah but it's a kind of acting that doesn't always translate to TV or film acting. It's more theatrical, like being a rock star. I imagine the major challenge is dialing back.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

That's definitely when he found out, and yeah, it was probably mostly about AIDS, but I think to him (like a lot of people) that would have been synonymous with homosexuality. But none of that suggests to me that he was gay himself.

Same with live theatre, but people don't tend to go "what a shock, this theatre actor is actually good at film acting!" like they do with wrestlers. :shrug:

Again I think rock stars is a better analogy, especially with wrestlers who don't change personas much. Like Debbie Harry struggled a lot on the set of Videodrome, because all the stuff that served her well in Blondie was actually a detriment to playing a character on film. Your average wrestling persona is very larger than life, and Kong/Kharma/etc. was no exception, so to go from that to Tammé is quite an accomplishment.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Funko only does the one thing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

How would the storylines work? They have to stop doing long-term storylines like the kidnapping and only do simple stuff they can end in a single show?

A lot of wrestling shows do single-show storylines, especially small indies and untelevised house shows for bigger companies. They'll have someone come out to the ring and do a promo setting up the main event for the evening, usually give more mic time to the wrestlers so they can call each other out and such.

Of course this could end up being an ongoing issue in S3, Sam trying to work in more elaborate stuff, etc.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiXafKF9XCU

Sylvester Stallone's mom was on the show apparently????????????

Did she shoot anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Shout! Factory TV has some GLOW stuff.

• Locked thread