Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I forgot Kate Nash was in this. I liked some of her songs back in the day.

Edit: Have a reminder of the previous decade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH5cga0yUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqV-embx_tA

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That was fun. I don't know if it was worth shotgunning it on the day it was released, but I liked it quite a bit.

But I do feel kinda weird about this show as a whole. I like the feminist plot lines and the strong characters, but I kinda have to admit to myself that I really enjoy seeing those fit women wrestle in elaborate outfits. I do wonder if it feels degrading to the actresses. To be honest, I feel kinda bad about that. They look really great though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Straight White Shark posted:

He's a camp-loving, hard-partying clotheshorse with an overbearing mother who loves playing dressup with his closet full of women's costumes, gets excited about putting on glitter eyeshadow and lives with his fabulous "butler" that he's extremely close and possessive of.

Sure, none of that proves anything. But it's pretty clear what they're trying to get across.

That he's a grown man who's wealth, relation to his mother and lack of real hardships prevented him from reaching a mental level beyond childhood fantasies. And that he has to be constantly supervised, so he doesn't do something stupid?

Frankly, I always interpreted him that way. But I guess I wasn't really paying attention to that at all and couldn't even recall that there was a butler in season one. This season all the scenes resolving around some absent guy I didn't remember fell kinda flat for me. To be honest, I didn't care for Bash either. Come to think of it, don't really like any of the men in this show. Glenn was kinda fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, you're probably right about all of that. But it flew over my radar, because I didn't put any effort into that.

Frankly, I didn't even make the connection between hemorrhage and Aids. I just thought, "Oh, the apparently gay butler who didn't show up this season had a sudden incident and seems to have died of camera. Well so much for that story arc where Bash figures out his butler is gay.:geno: "
I think I was folding my laundry during that scene.

• Locked thread