Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Davros1 posted:

It's not as bad as today as it was in the 80's, but wrestlers used to have insane schedules. Back in the day, it wasn't uncommon for wrestlers to wrestle at least six days a week, and a lot of times, they might do a afternoon show on a Sat, then drive to another city just to perform on another show in the evening.

Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jack Brisco told a story about when he was champion, traveling got so rough, that he would wake up not knowing what city he was in. He said the first thing he did once he lost the title was to fly home, where he refused to leave his house for a month.

Adding on to this, how tough wrestling is on the body is also influenced by how long the matches are, the style (comedy, normal, end of a blood feud), any stipulations (normal is going to be less dangerous/painful than a street fight or ladder match), and the expertise of everyone physically involved in the match, on top of traveling around wearing you down.

For GLOW season 3 I'd hope that they would go 5 nights a week tops and rotate who is actually wrestling on any given night while people who aren't do the crazy GLOW skits and such, though who the heck knows with how it's all barely held together so far. Travel is a big downside since wrestlers are barely ever at home and don't have time to heal up properly until something major goes wrong and they're out while they have surgery or recover from major sprains and the like. Luckily that won't be a factor for the GLOW women. I also don't expect that they'll be doing intense cage matches or any super crazy physical or technical moves. I certainly expect there to be another injury while they try to adapt to a Vegas show though, and most likely due to someone being worn out from so many shows and not executing a move properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

precision posted:

I'll tell him you said so! I haven't seen him in years but we still keep in touch. FWIW, I actually did ask him about doing an A/T thread here and he said he's up for it when he's less busy.

I can confirm that the PSP crew would lose their minds over that, so please do what you can to make it happen.

• Locked thread