Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Regarding feminism, the hamfisted episode 5 hashtag me too Weinstein plotline left a really sour taste in my mouth. I haven't seen any more yet, but a friend was worried that this show would "Jenji Kohen off a cliff" and there are worrying little signs of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If you think the WWE is a shitshow, the history of TNA makes for some great reading. It begins with a midget masturbating in a garbage can on camera for a promo and goes downhill from there.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

DrNutt posted:

I've always vaguely disliked wrestling because I wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid and I sour grapes'd the hell out of it ("ugh it's so dumb and fake anyway :rolleyes: "), but it's definitely going into my top ten all time greats. It's a loving incredible show.

I'm right there with you. My dad made fun of me for watching it as a kid and that was that. I got into it really randomly as a friend visited my city and stayed with me to see a live show. I wouldn't say it got me hooked, but it made wrestling fun. The fake storylines were a non-issue, the fake characters were delightful, and the fake results didn't matter because thematches were fun as hell and the wrestlers were obviously doing it out of joy.

Basically if you ever get the chance to see a live wrestling show other than WWE, give it a whirl.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
LU was rad as hell and I'm still not sure what quite happened there. The good news is most of their talent has managed to stay gainfully employed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Agreed. Death of WCW is a fascinating, hilarious read. I don't think I've ever read another book quite that cheeky but yeah, if you're into this stuff you should check it out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I saw the doc and it was fantastic. I was way too young to catch the ladies on the television though. Also almost certainly in the wrong media market.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
MACHU PICCU :smith:

Yeah, they need to dramatize that reunion. It's just too good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This season felt like it had a quick turnaround. Hopefully they can do it again because this show is my favorite drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think the writers are smart enough either never to do that, or else to treat a momentary tryst as a horrible mistake.

• Locked thread