Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Interesting. I have yet to find anyone else who watches it. I thought it was one of those shows with an audience of TV critics and wannabe TV critics

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Why do you hate women?

No, it should be: Why do you hate awesome/fun? :argh:

Just finished S2. My biggest complain: No Aubrey Plaza, as I had hoped since the first thread/S1 :smith:

Second biggest complaint: It seemed like they stopped giving more room to each actress to do their stuff, and instead coalesced it all into "team time".

Most unsettling was when Ruth goes see the executive at the bungalow. For a moment I felt relief when I saw Glenn, but then he left and I thought "Jesus, if I'm feeling dread, then Ruth must be feeling loving terrible". :gonk:

Glad to see the Grannies become the Toxic Twins. And good for Beirut/Latina Junkchain becoming a couple. :unsmith:

And then they finish the season with my most favorite 80's love song.

It was a nice surprise to see how they handled Bash: I had thought they would reveal him as gay, given what we saw of him and his butler in S1, but since I already had misjudged Sam and Justine's relationship I payed extra attention this time.

So it turns Bash might be Not gay, just not conventionally manly, and he totally didn't realize that his butler/childhood friend had feelings for him. And when he died of AIDS it was handled in an appropiate way for the time. So it makes sense that that spurred him on to tell Britannica about his feelings, realizing that he didn't want to end up as his friend, keeping his feelings bottled up forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Lycus posted:

Bash is gay. He does not feelings for Britannica, that was for show.

I just read the loving article about that from a previous page.

*Best Sam voice impression*: Well, poo poo.

Guess this time I was defeated by my own brain. Or some black magic!

Edit: I do think that he was right that Britannica should marry with a friend she knew instead of a stranger. Like, how come she didn't ask Sam for it? He probably would've been okay with it since they both knew it was just for the green card and the show.

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jul 25, 2018

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

esperterra posted:

You are (surprisingly, to me) not the only person to read the Bash stuff that way, or at least as him not being gay. Not even the only person in this thread!

Maybe, surprisingly, there are people who don't identify as full Hetero/Homosexual, and can get different readings from a character.

Like, even after that article, I think there's some wiggle room for Bash to realize he's Bisexual or whatever. That's what a third season would be good for. :wink:

Lycus posted:

If he was really in love with Britannica, you'd think they'd be makin' out backstage, not going "So, uh, you wanna back out of this thing?"

The one who brought it up was her, probably thinking that Bash was trying to save her from one of her perverts fans.

I still saw Bash as somewhat on the fence, or it may be that he's projecting his feelings for Carmen on Britannica.

Again, I like that this show about women wrestlers has this much nuance. I really do hope there's a third season.

Kal-L fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 25, 2018

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

esperterra posted:

I wasn't trying to throw shade or anything lol. It just surprised me to see people read it any other way, for me it felt obvious they were setting it up even in season one.

People can read poo poo however they're going to read it, though.

Well, that's what fanfiction is for.

So, I'm thinking of "With love, from Britain" for a working title. A tale of psychosexual discovery and horror. Lots of blood, and crack, and titties. :v:

• Locked thread