Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Harlock posted:

Finished the season, thought it was great. Episode 8 in particular as people have said was just wonderful. Probably one of the best bits of TV I've seen all year. Some thoughts about the finale though:

When the lovely network exec told them they couldn't sell the show because their characters were under contract - I was kind of hoping they'd develop new characters either in that scene or next season in Vegas. Maybe we can get a tag match next season too. Zoya and Belle team up to form the MEGAPOWERS, or whatever other Wrestling context you'd like to put here.

Also kind of confused why they decided to end on a.. dour shot of Ruth doing her best Mrs. Robinson moment. Sure, there's the risk of going to a new place and not having it work out - but I'm not sure that'd give her the "I've made a huge mistake" look.

The old biddies turned into the toxic twins and Cherry Bang switched to Black Magic, so I also kept hoping a few more people would create new characters.

Aside from Zoya, I still dig Sheila the She-Wolf and Welfare Queen. It sucks that as much as merch was mentioned in this show with Justine and Shitpope and then later the wrestlers setting up autograph tables and selling junk in the show commercials (Welfare Queens dolls cracked me up) that there is so little actual real merch to be had besides those dumb funko things. I did order two shirts from netflix though.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

you can preorder them here: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/77190

like i did. Now wheres my Sheila and Welfare Queen two-pack.

• Locked thread