Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GLOW is nominated for the Best Comedy Emmy, I assume for season 1 since season 2 was past the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

. I like how they wrote this season finale to work as a series one or a setup to the next season.

I don't know why they'd be worried about cancellation, it does very well

quote:

“GLOW” season 2 drew 1.33 million U.S. viewers for the premiere episodes in the first three days after its June 29 debut, according to Nielsen estimates. That’s well below Netflix’s breakout hits like “Stranger Things,” which delivered 15.8 million for the season 2 premiere in the three-day window, and “13 Reasons Why” season 2, whose first episode garnered 6 million over the same time period.

But “GLOW” has a loyal fanbase, and the sophomore season of the comedy series — set in the 1980s early days of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling — had the highest concentration of viewers 18-49 of all original streaming content Nielsen has analyzed to date.

Within the first three days of its availability (June 29-July 1), the show’s second season received an average minute audience of over 700,000 U.S. viewers, about 86% of which were in the 18-49 demo.

Moreover, “GLOW” season 2’s audience also had one of the highest median incomes of Netflix originals analyzed to date, at $80,200, behind only “The Crown” ($84,200) and “House of Cards” ($80,400), per Nielsen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aside from how well the role was acted, the Welfare Queen heel character is such a great ridiculous wrestling heel in the tradition of insane heels. Remember when Sgt. Slaughter sided with Iraq during the first Gulf War? Last year, one of the hottest in this small indie promotion was a dude who played a progressive liberal and just got tons of heat.

I know the stereotype of the white trash redneck racist wrestling fan is overgeneralized, I know that plenty of PoCs love wrestling too but picking a heel character transparently intended to troll a portion of the audience is part of the hacky carnie bullshit that makes wrestling so entertaining.

• Locked thread