Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man this came back outta nowhere (I don't follow news I guess)

Super psyched to binge it all tonight :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you can call me Yo Yo :wink:

"Cheers is great. It's a show about an invisible woman named Vera." lmao Sheila is the best

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Propaganda Machine posted:

Regarding feminism, the hamfisted episode 5 hashtag me too Weinstein plotline left a really sour taste in my mouth. I haven't seen any more yet, but a friend was worried that this show would "Jenji Kohen off a cliff" and there are worrying little signs of that.

I thought it was handled pretty well, especially Maron's reaction to it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

yo this season was excellent

It was so good. Only complaint is I wanted more Justine and The Sex Pistol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

I guess they're just supposed to be some light comic relief, but they're really not that funny compared to Sheila or Bash.

In season 1 they were always getting stoned and partying so I think that's accurate. I liked them a lot more in S1, they really aren't that funny or even "there much" in S2. The Toxic Twin persona is really good though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah they definitely made the show-within-a-show as sorta-lame as the actual GLOW was and it's neat.

Only thing that disappointed me about the season was they went with the cliche thing with Marc getting mad about Ruth's video, I was hoping they'd flip the script and have him go "WHO DID THIS? WELL WHOEVER DID IT CAN DIRECT MORE SO I CAN DO MORE COKE!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish this show were like, so wildly and insanely popular that they were able to make both the regular episodes of the comedy-drama GLOW and also entire whole episodes of the show-within-a-show GLOW.

Like I'm pretty sure most of the women on this show have already demonstrated more wrestling moves than most of the original GLOW cast ever did

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Propaganda Machine posted:

If you think the WWE is a shitshow, the history of TNA makes for some great reading. It begins with a midget masturbating in a garbage can on camera for a promo and goes downhill from there.

A couple friends of mine were TNA wrestlers for a long time (Judas (Ricky Banderas) and X, though they changed their names several times) and the stories they told me make Vince McMahon sound like goddamn Ed McMahon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

Your friend totally rules on Lucha Underground.

I'll tell him you said so! I haven't seen him in years but we still keep in touch. FWIW, I actually did ask him about doing an A/T thread here and he said he's up for it when he's less busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

Foley wrote two more autobiographies, but they aren't very good.

I loved Foley's first book about wrestling, and The Rock's (first?) book was also a good read.

But they're not very juicy as far as Inside Baseball type stuff. For that you wanna watch Beyond the Mat or any of a half dozen other docs out there.

The world of professional wrestling is wonderful and amazing and terrifying and awful and weird and I love it.

• Locked thread