Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We should probably think about making a new thread for 4A, considering all the recent changes. I can take care of it unless someone else really wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

When does that Dissidia banner drop?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

We should probably think about making a new thread for 4A, considering all the recent changes. I can take care of it unless someone else really wants to.

I agree, and thanks in advance. Shall we think of witty titles? Probably something something awakening.

Dissidia should start 4/11 I think?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FFRK: Awaken Me Up (Can't Awoken)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
FFRK: The Best Final Fantasy

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FFRK Year 4: Still Getting Owned By Syldra

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
FFRK: It's The Tiny Bee's Knees

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

FFRK: Are you Awake, Keeper?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

FFRK: It's The Tiny Bee's Knees

Boooooo.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
An excellent reminder for me to see if there is a Tiny Bee artifact.

edit: Boooooo :(

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 24, 2019

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Bell_ posted:

An excellent reminder for me to see if there is a Tiny Bee artifact.

edit: Boooooo :(

Never fear, when we get the elemental artifact the +Holy Gun is the Tiny Bee.

It's an ATK gun with no other stats making it borderline useless outside of like Paine or Edgar using their 4* Knight access or Tyro.

...but it's the Tiny Bee.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
What a disappointment. At least the OG Bee had mind!

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

There's something incredibly satisfying in seeing an attack hit for 900k damage.

Got Firion's glint; this actually seems pretty good? I mean, if I was using Firion for some reason.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Pulled on both luckies so far because I'm a rebel who refuses to be chained down by things like "common sense." I got Seven LMR and Locke and Squall OSBs, all of which I'm actually pretty happy with. Seven's USB fell into my lap... possibly just a couple weeks ago from luck of the realms? I forget. Anyway, that plus the LMR makes her a pretty solid imperil machine, and magic ice is rare enough that this probably earns her a spot whenever I get around to making a Typhon team. Meanwhile, my physical fire is already extremely stacked, but my Mateus attempts have been held back by lacking a good way to break his savage mode, and conveniently Locke is already on the team. Squall's OSB is a similar situation, except I haven't bothered attempting Syldra yet.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I realized I hadn't posted my parade list at all so I guess I will. It's been a pretty decent run!

Type-0: Seven LMR (Dupe)
Tictacs: Meliadoul LMR
XV: Noctis USB
XIV: Thancred LMR
XIII: Sazh USB
XII: Vayne BSB (Dupe)
XI: Shantotto AOSB
X: Yuna LMR
IX: Quina BSB2
VIII: Seifer BSB2
VII: Tifa BSB (Dupe)
VI: Edgar AOSB
V: ExDeath BUSB
IV: Rydia LMR
III: Ingus BSB (Dupe)
II: Maria AOSB

Highlights are Noctis USB (Despite the dubious nature of a non-elemental focus I do have him decently stacked with OSB, BSB, Glint, and LMR), Edgar AOSB (with his USB he'll be a really good fire/lightning damager), and Maria AOSB (I have her BSB, OSB, and Glint on hand already so she's definitely my best Earth Mage).

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ayndin posted:

Got Firion's glint; this actually seems pretty good? I mean, if I was using Firion for some reason.

I pulled his USB2 which seems... insanely loving good? So I guess I have a reason to use Firion, anyway

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

There's pretty much no reason to pull on the OSB banner now that artifacts are better stat sticks, right? I feel like the only good OSB I've ever pulled is Orlandeau's and I don't think I've ever used another one, but once in a while the weapons have been nice. But as I recall almost none of them even have enelements because they thought it would be too powerful or something?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Ayndin posted:

There's something incredibly satisfying in seeing an attack hit for 900k damage.

Wait, we can hit six digits now?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Bell_ posted:

Wait, we can hit six digits now?

No, it was over the course of one Cloud AOSB; he was enwinded and had USB1 up, plus there was an imperil on an already partially wind weak boss and Zack's chain was up (though only at like 30 or so). The 20 'little' hits were doing 40k+ each.

It's still very pleasing seeing a torment boss go from like 80% to dead even if we're not getting some Disgaea-esque scientific notation on a single hit.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm very happy with my luck o' the realms draws overall. Got pretty lucky this time.

quote:

LUCK O' THE REALMS TALLY
Rem USB :neckbeard:
Rapha BSB (dupe)
Ignis LMR
Thancred LMR
Vanille LMR1
Vaan LMR
No XI draw
Tidus BUSB :neckbeard:
Zidane dualcast LMR :neckbeard:
Rinoa dualcast LMR :neckbeard:
Tifa AOSB and Aerith USB2 :supaburn:
Setzer USB :saddowns:
Galuf LMR
Kain BUSB :neckbeard:
Luneth glint (dupe)
Firion AOSB :neckbeard:

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I got Firion's double samurai LMR which will go down quite nicely with his BUSB I pulled at the last realms on parade. He's probably going to squeak onto my physical ice 5* team as the dedicated savage mode breaker over Ayame and her OSB when I get to it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FFT0: Ace BSB1
FFT: Delita USB1
FF15: Ignis BSB
FF14: (Dupe) Yda LMR
FF13: Vanille LMR
FF12: Fran USB1
FF11: (Dupe) Prishe BSB
FF10: Wakka USB1
FF9: (Dupe) Beatrix BSB1
FF8: Edea USB1
FF7: (Dupe) Reno USB1
FF6: Shadow BSB
FF5: Krile Glint
FF4: Porom BSB
FF3: Refia USB
FF2: Firion USB2

Honestly a really good haul and worth the 75 mythril funnelled into this. A few imperils, some tech for characters I have other poo poo for, and another piece of solid Ice Kit.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
In spite of yesterday's trash LMR pull, I decided to pull on the AOSB pull today and definitely didn't regret it. 4 6* pulls for Vaan, Ashe, Pecil, and Luneth (dupe on his, though), which probably makes it the best pull I've had from the game yet in the <3 months I've been playing.

The problem I'm running up against now is that apparently more banners with some Really Good poo poo are coming up, but I'm starting to run thin with only 65 mythril left (60 after tomorrow's FF1 LotR draw) and don't really have any more sources except for a maybe 6-7 realm dungeons and whatever little is left in the Record Dungeons. Does anyone have a pretty solid idea on how to try and put that to the best use?

Edit: It seems like awakenings are the way to go (especially with how I've learned to abuse the poo poo out of Roxas' knight one). Will those probably end up being full 50 mythril pulls like most banners?

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 24, 2019

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

In spite of yesterday's trash LMR pull, I decided to pull on the AOSB pull today and definitely didn't regret it. 4 6* pulls for Vaan, Ashe, Pecil, and Luneth (dupe on his, though), which probably makes it the best pull I've had from the game yet in the <3 months I've been playing.

The problem I'm running up against now is that apparently more banners with some Really Good poo poo are coming up, but I'm starting to run thin with only 65 mythril left (60 after tomorrow's FF1 LotR draw) and don't really have any more sources except for a maybe 6-7 realm dungeons and whatever little is left in the Record Dungeons. Does anyone have a pretty solid idea on how to try and put that to the best use?

Edit: It seems like awakenings are the way to go (especially with how I've learned to abuse the poo poo out of Roxas' knight one). Will those probably end up being full 50 mythril pulls like most banners?

They’re OSBs, not AOSB, unfortunately, and the problem with pulling that banner is precisely what your second paragraph is about.

You’ll actually have 35, since today is a USB lucky and that’s absolutely worth it if you’re still early enough to be happy with OSBs. My advice:

The banner with Bartz, Terra, and Cloud coming this week is ludicrously good, especially if you aren’t yet at the point of doing 4* or higher magicites.

The banner with shitloads of chains is also ludicrously good, but with awakenings you don’t reslly need chains. They’re still extremely nice to have though.

There’s a core banner with very good stuff (outside of the Tyro USB4/Elarra USB2 combo, none of it is offensively ridiculous, but it’s all quite good) that gives you three pulls for the price of two—but you have to pull twice to trigger the free third. Depending on how long it sticks around, this might be your best bang for the buck. Fest will give like 80 mythril over the next week so it’s not impossible.

Basically, those should be your three targets, and you can only choose one of them. If you can post your elemental teams and your best healers/buffers, along with your magicite progress, I can give more precise advice.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

FairGame posted:

The banner with shitloads of chains is also ludicrously good, but with awakenings you don’t reslly need chains. They’re still extremely nice to have though.

Sorry but this is wrong, chains are essential to get the most out of awakenings - and with awakenings going to become more common as we get away from 4th aniv chains are still the main thing to chase, imo.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Daily draw: Squall USB4 :woop:

Skipping tonight's USB Lucky in favor of saving for Banner 4

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Is diving everyone just sort of expected for 5* magicites? I think that I have a good chance of being able to clear madeen but I haven't had a lot of success so far. I'm gun shy as hell when it comes to spending motes.

Here's what I'm working with:
OK (mUSB, LMR)
Golbez (Gen2 CSB)
Cid Raines (BSB)
CoD (USB, BSB)
Elarra (USB, LMR, LM2), full dive

and on the bench:
Seymour (Gen 1 CSB, imperil BSB)
Yuffie (Glint), full dive
Seifer (Gen 2 CSB)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yes if their dive is good, and sometime even if it's not just for the extra stats.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

but everyone told me they'd make fun of me if i dove the onion :ohdear:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Who did? Onion's dive is great if using him as a mage. Just skip the dual cast celerity node.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Onion is great and all but idk what he's doing on your dark team when you have raines BSB and CoD USB and golbez chain already, you sure the hell dont need the extra musb buff. Is he just entrusting? Seems like bringing Seymour for the imperil would be more effective, or Shelke if you're having him entrust.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Who did? Onion's dive is great if using him as a mage. Just skip the dual cast celerity node.
Maybe, but it's like 90% of the time in high level content that I see him as an entrust bot

Indecisive posted:

Onion is great and all but idk what he's doing on your dark team when you have raines BSB and CoD USB and golbez chain already, you sure the hell dont need the extra musb buff. Is he just entrusting? Seems like bringing Seymour for the imperil would be more effective, or Shelke if you're having him entrust.

I really really feel good about getting an instant cast hasteaga (and the following turn, wall rw) at the start of the fight, but I'll try switching him out if you think I'm going a bit too overboard on the buffs. Part of the reason is also that I'm getting kind of low on honed dark abilities so I was looking to take a shortcut by using an entrust bot instead of another dps.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

staplegun posted:

I really really feel good about getting an instant cast hasteaga (and the following turn, wall rw) at the start of the fight, but I'll try switching him out if you think I'm going a bit too overboard on the buffs. Part of the reason is also that I'm getting kind of low on honed dark abilities so I was looking to take a shortcut by using an entrust bot instead of another dps.

Instant cast hastega isn't always as good as it sounds, because the rest of your party are usually going to be casting for a bit after it goes off, so it doesn't make you any faster other than the character who cast it.

And yeah, with all those buffs you are way over the buff soft cap. Dropping OK would put you just above it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

staplegun posted:

Is diving everyone just sort of expected for 5* magicites? I think that I have a good chance of being able to clear madeen but I haven't had a lot of success so far. I'm gun shy as hell when it comes to spending motes.

Here's what I'm working with:
OK (mUSB, LMR)
Golbez (Gen2 CSB)
Cid Raines (BSB)
CoD (USB, BSB)
Elarra (USB, LMR, LM2), full dive

and on the bench:
Seymour (Gen 1 CSB, imperil BSB)
Yuffie (Glint), full dive
Seifer (Gen 2 CSB)

You absolutely can clear Madeen with that setup. Do that a lot and have amazing decks for all the other 5s.

E: Seymour BSB in place of onion is your best bet. Absolutely dive onion, who will feature in most of your magic parties. And if you get his pUSB he's actually not half bad at moving the chain with celerity. He'll nearly instacast.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 24, 2019

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Thanks for the input, everyone

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Made a draft for the new thread if anyone wants to check it or suggest something to add: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nvkxJA21FkiYdHjsNCd4g61xB7fzsz87E6kt4qufN1E/edit?usp=sharing

It's mostly just copying the old OP with some updates. Sometime before the next fest I'll probably write a whole new one if I'm not feeling too lazy.

Also still accepting suggestions for the title!

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 24, 2019

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I didn't read it all but one thing does jump out at me: The newcomer banners are gone now, so you can get rid of the warning at the top.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm keeping it for posterity, but I'll make a note.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

staplegun posted:

I completely understand the hoarder mentality when it comes to motes, but sometimes you have to ask: if you're not willing to spend motes to clear some of the hardest content in the game, then what ARE you saving them for? If a dived character helps you clear just one 5* magicite dungeon then I think it's worth it. The only real nightmare scenario is when you dive someone and it's NOT enough to help you clear, or you end up pulling a better relic for someone else that outclasses the original character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah, even "bad" dives are fine or possibly even beneficial in the long run if they let you clear current roadblocks. A long time ago I fully dived Celes, Ramza, and Beatrix, and while I don't use any of them anymore outside of extremely niche cases, they all helped me knock out endgame content that netted me a ton of crystals / rosetta stones, etc., which in turn let me hone 6* skills to tackle even harder stuff. If you lose more by hoarding stuff and not being able to finish content, you're not doing yourself any favors.

Honestly though, it's a permanent treadmill by design. Unless you're just diving everyone like a madman, you are probably not gonna run out any time soon, assuming you've been keeping up with all the events. I've dived pretty much everyone that stays in constant magicite rotation, and I've got 5 or so "obsolete" dives that I probably wouldn't have done in hindsight, but I still have enough motes that I could basically dive an entire team at a whim. Maybe two teams.